Sasaeng Interviewer

Idol Scare Tactics

                Run by MBLAQ begins to play out of your TV speakers. Images of a girl and a guy dressed as different horror movie villains’ flash past. A deep male voice starts to speak over the music. “Can you survive? The first episode of the show that makes idols shake in their boots is about to begin. If you have a weak heart or care about the dignity of your idols, please change the channel now.”

                The screen freezes on a profile of a man. There are only question marks for info and a silhouette. The deep voice continues as pictures of the man flash on the screen. “Our first host is one of the regular MC’s on Strong Heart. He may be funny, but don’t think that he wont be able to scare the pants off of our beloved idols. Our first host is Boom!” The profile fills out with his information then the page breaks like glass and fall down in pieces.

                The image on your screen switches to a profile of a girl. There isn’t any info or pictures on it yet, just like before, a bunch of question marks are where the info belongs and there’s a silhouette of a girl. The deep voice continued speaking, “All the way from America.” Cute pictures of a white girl with long hair doing aegyo and playing around start showing. “Don’t let her cute face and small stature trick you. She is an avid fan of horror movies and has a very scary side.” Pictures of her dressed in scary outfits and jumping over furniture looking like she is going to stab the camera show. “She is our second host, June!”

                Her profile image also breaks like glass and falls down in pieces. The shows cover image shows and as the song ends, the sound of breaking glass as the cover image gets cracks all over.

                Boom and June were standing in front of a black and red striped wall. Boom started to speak “Welcome to our first ever episode of Idol Scare Tactics! I am Boom.” He motioned to the shorter, white girl next to him. She smiled and waved at the camera. “Hello! I am June and I’m so happy to be here!” Boom smiled down at her “June, this is your debut as an MC right?” she nodded and smiled. “It is! I will try my hardest to scare everyone. Please look forward to my performance!”

                Boom laughed “I am personally looking forward to seeing you be scary. So who is your lucky first Victim and who set him up?” June wiggled around, excitedly. “My first ever victim is a member of a rookie group who debuted at the begging of the year. His group has quickly taken over the world of Kpop. His fellow members set him up. My first victim is EXO-K’s D.O!” Boom clapped his hands together. “Let’s see why the other members set him up!” They both pointed at the camera.

                The members of EXO-K showed up on screen, excluding D.O. Suho put his hands together, “Hello! We are one!” The members bowed in unison and put their hands out in front of them and in unison said “ EXO!” They started clapping at themselves. Kai started to speak “We are excited to be featured on the first episode of Idol Scare Tactics! We decided to set up D.O-hyung for this show because we have been under a lot of pressure lately and we think he needs to loosen up a bit.”

                Baekhyun started grinning as he spoke “We are all very excited to see what you guys will come up with to scare him.” Suho clapped his hands together again. “Well, should we all do a ‘fighting’ together?” The five of them started clapping again. Suho counted down with his fingers. “D.O FIGHTING!!” they bowed and waved at the camera again.

                Boom laughed “So, will you let us in on your plans of scaring him?” June grinned and leaned towards the camera and motioned for it and Boom to come closer, like she was telling a secret. “It’s a secret.” She whispered and winked at the camera. Boom sighed and laughed. “Well then, lets go see what she prepared for him!”

                D.O and the other members of EXO-K were sitting in an interview waiting room. A manager came in “It’s time for individual interviews, after your interview you will move onto the photo shoot portion. First is Chanyeol.” The video went in fast forward showing all of the members leaving one by one until D.O was the last one in the room.

                D.O was mindlessly wandering around the room, nervous. He sat in one of the chairs in front of a mirror and checked his hair. The screen went split screen showing Boom and June sitting at a table watching the hidden camera feed through some monitors. Boom leaned forward “Is it starting now?” June was about to speak when suddenly D.O screamed and ran to the other side of the room. Both of the hosts jumped and looked at the screen confused.

                June laughed “Nothing happened yet! Why did he scream?” They showed a replay and saw that a bug landed on the mirror. Boom laughed “He screamed at a bug! He got scared before it even started.” June started laughing awkwardly “I hope I don’t scare him to much!” she looked at the camera and bowed “D.O fans, I’m very sorry if I scare him to much. Please don’t hate me!”

                D.O went full screen again. A girl came into the room and D.O automatically greeted her. The girl introduced herself. “I am the interviewer, please have a seat.” D.O sat down as the interviewer walked to him. She handed him a mp3 with headphones. “For the first part of the interview I would like you to listen to this.” He looked around confused as to why he was the only one in the room with the interviewer.

                She smiled sweetly at him as he put the headphones on and she pressed play. She walked over to the door and opened the door and looked out, like she was expecting someone. She locked the lock as she closed the door, so that D.O wouldn’t notice.

                The split screen came back up. June smiled at the camera. “Now, the situation begins!” Boom looked at her curiously. “What kind of situation is he in?” She looked at Boom, “He is about to experience the scariest interview of his life. What would you do if a sasaeng fan pretended to be an interviewer and got you alone in a locked room like this?” Boom looked shocked. “Oh, don’t worry. She isn’t a real sasaeng fan, she is just an actress!” Boom smiled and looked back at the monitor.

                D.O finished listening to whatever song she had playing for him. She sat down next to him and pulled out a notebook and pencil. “So, D.O-ssi. What did you think of that song?” D.O smiled awkwardly. “The singing was really bad.” He laughed awkwardly. The fake interviewer made a hurt face. “That was me singing!” D.O, thinking that she was a real interviewer quickly took it back. “Umm… I’m sorry! It was alright, but lessons wouldn’t hurt.”

                Boom made some commentary “Oh, he is such a nice boy, trying to not hurt the interviewers’ feelings.”

                The fake interviewer scooted closer to him. “I sang that song specifically for you. I’m a really big fan! Can I have an autograph?” She handed him the notebook and pencil and scooted even closer to him as he was writing. “Can you make it out to ‘My future wife, Rumi’ and sign it with a heart?” D.O looked at her wide eyed as her shoulder touched his.

                June made some commentary as well “I wouldn’t even know how to handle this situation!” Boom laughed “That’s because no one asks you for you autograph.” June laughed as well “This is true, I have no fans…”

                D.O stood up quickly and handed her the notebook with only his name signed on it. “I’m sorry, I can’t do that. When will we start with the interview?” She quickly apologized and moved away so that he could sit back down with some space. She smiled and turned the page in the notebook. “So, lets begin then shall we? What is your ideal type of girl?”

                He got kind of awkward and sat up straight “Umm… Well she must be kind and like to eat delicious food.” She smiled and nodded. “I like eating a lot.” She scooted closer to him again. D.O smiled awkwardly “Could you please not sit so close? I feel awkward without the other members here.” She smiled and put her hand on his knee. “Isn’t it nice being alone like this?”

                He quickly stood up and bowed apologizing. “I’m sorry, but I can’t continue this interview alone with you. Let me go get a manager.” She ran to the door before he could get to it and blocked it with her body. “The interview isn’t over yet. Please sit down.” 

                D.O had a panicked look on his face and slowly sat back down without looking away from her. The door knob suddenly turned. He could hear his managers voice on the other side of the door “Kyungsoo! Why is the door locked? It’s time for you to go to your interview! Open the door right now!”

                D.O stood up again and his eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head. The fake interviewer ran over to him and covered his mouth before he could speak. “D.O!” His manager called again from the hallway as he shook the door. The fake interviewer smiled creepily and tilted her head to the side. “Isn’t it nice just the two of us? You don’t need anyone else besides me.”

 Boom gasped “Oh! She is good!” June smiled “I taught her that personally!”

D.O pulled her hand away from his mouth. “Manager-hyung!!” He managed to yell before she muffled him with her other hand. She pushed him back onto the chair and stared into his eyes. “You are so perfect! I don’t know what I would do without you D.O-ssi.” D.O looked really scared now. His eyes were about to tear up. “If I move my hand will you be quiet? If you yell out, then I really wont know what to do.”

Boom looked at June. “Should we go reveal ourselves now?”  June did the fighting pose. “Yes! Let’s go save D.O!” They got up and walked off camera. They were followed down the hallway where EXO-K was waiting and the Manager was pretending to not be able to get in. The members of EXO-K silently greeted the two hosts. June knocked on the door as she pulled out a key.

D.O nodded, about to cry. Suddenly there was a knock on the door in a specific pattern. The fake interviewer smiled at him. “Are you scared?” D.O just stared at her. She tilted her head to the side “I said are you scared?” D.O nodded slowly as the door opened. June and Boom came in.

D.O had a tear run down his face as he saw them walk in with cameras following. Boom smiled “D.O! You are on Idol Scare Tactics!!” June grinned and motioned for the other members to come in as the fake interviewer walked over next to Boom. June laughed “The other members set you up! This whole thing was fake.”

The members walked in and he ran to them playfully hitting them all. Boom put his arm around D.O’s shoulder and put him in between him and June. “So, D.O, did we scare you?” D.O started laughing “That was really scary! I thought I was going to be hurt!” Boom laughed and put his other arm around the actress. “Don’t worry, she is only an actress.” June laughed and leaned over to D.O and pretended to whisper in his ear. “We saw you scream and run from the bug. I think you were more scared of that instead of her.”

The other members of EXO-K started laughing. Boom laughed again as D.O went over to them and started beating them with a pillow from one of the chairs. Boom looked down at June. “Well that’s it for our first episode! I hope you enjoyed it!” June smiled as Boom put his arm around her shoulders. “EXO fans, please don’t hate me! I don’t have any fans yet and I don’t want any anti-fans from my debut!” Boom laughed “You are on the wrong show if you don’t want anti’s.” June laughed and nodded. “You’re right.” Boom looked at her “Well should we close out the show now?” June did the fighting pose again “Let’s do this!”

Both hosts looked at the camera; Boom still had his arm around June’s shoulder. “This has been…” Both of them said in unison “Idol Scare Tactics!” then they both posed for the camera.

The credits started scrolling and it showed EXO-K as a group. In unison they said “IDOL SCARE TACTICS FIGHTING!!” They did the fighting pose. D.O got closer to the camera and pointed at it. “Idol’s beware! You might be the next victim!”

The show cover image appeared on the screen and then a glass breaking sound as it cracked.