Gap Dong Prank

Idol Scare Tactics

                Run by MBLAQ begins to play out of your TV speakers. Cute cartoon images of horror movie villains and monsters appear and they start running around destroying things and trying to attack each other. The Idol Scare Tactics logo stamps on the screen startling them all. A familiar deep voice begins speaking. “Can you survive? The first show to make idols hearts race is back for season 2! If you have a weak heart or care about the dignity of your idols, please change the channel now.”

                The little cartoon villains are looking around for the voice when suddenly a giant monitor falls down from the top of the screen. The monsters start investigating it as a Silhouette of a girl appears on it. The voice continues speaking. “All the way from America,” the little werewolf started chewing on the side of the monitor as some of the other monsters sat down like they were watching the screen. “Her small stature and cute face no longer tricks us. She is a master of scaring your favorite idols.” The silhouette gets its color. “Our first host is June!”

                The monitor blows up, sending the little werewolf flying off screen and singeing the ones watching the screen. The little Frankenstein fell over onto his back as the vampire turned to dust. Another monitor falls down from the top of the screen, this time with a male silhouette on it. The deep voice continues talking as the little monsters look confused again. “Our new male host for Season 2, a former Victim of our first season with a long list of credentials, including acting in Hollywood and being an idol singer.” The little monsters got really excited as the voice continued and the silhouette got its color. “Our second host is Lee Joon!!”

                The monsters see a countdown on the screen starting from 5 and all start scrambling away as the song sings the “You better run!” part. The countdown ends and the monitor explodes like the first one sending the Idol Scare Tactics logo into the glass of your screen.

                The glass cracks and falls away and shows the two hosts sitting on a couch in a studio set. Lee Joon waves at the camera. “Welcome to Idol Scare Tactics!” he looks over at June. “June, did you notice we have a set now?” The female host nods and points at the wall behind where she and Joon are sitting. There was a large monitor that currently showed the shows logo. “Our show’s ratings got so high last time and even during our rerun that the network gave us a fancy set!” Joon laughed and looked around the set. “I wonder what was so different last time that made ratings so high?”

                June pulled her legs up onto the couch and sat cross legged. “It was the first episode of our new season.” She smiled over at Joon. “Why do you think it was so high?” He laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. “It was my first time hosting?” he said unsure of himself. June laughed. “I know I enjoyed your hosting oppa, but I’m pretty sure that it was the magic of EXO.” He laughed and nodded. “Chen really made it interesting last time. So will you tell us about what prank you pulled this time?”

                June grinned and clapped her hands together. “Well, I did our first ever jump scare! I pranked multiple celebrities, all in one day!” Lee Joon looked surprised and impressed. “Really? I wish I could have been there, I had another schedule.” She nodded. “I made it seem like you were there though.” He glanced over at her curiously. She pointed at the screen behind them as the picture changed to the drama poster for Joon’s latest drama. “It was a Gap Dong special!” Joon laughed and blushed a bit. “Now I’m scared for the victims. Let’s watch the preparation for the Gap Dong prank.”

                The screen behind them started playing a video, then it went full screen. June showed up looking like a corpse. “Hello! I am June from Idol Scare Tactics and today we got permission from M Countdown to have access to this area. All the performers have to pass by here to get to their dressing rooms.” The camera panned around the area and it was a large space where hallways connected. Staff members were setting up a bunch of flowers and a couple boxes were off to the side. June started talking again. “Joon-oppa has a schedule so he won’t be able to help me today but you will see him, so don’t be too sad! Since he couldn’t make it, we have come up with a way to scare people using his new drama Gap Dong! I won’t spoil it with details, for those of you who haven’t watched it yet” She pointed at the camera and mouthed the words for ‘go watch it’.

                It showed the set again as the video stopped. Joon smiled. “Flowers! I know what scene you are copying! June, have you really been watching my drama?” She nodded. “Every single episode! I never miss it.” He laughed and blushed again. She started talking again. “I really liked episode 9. My favorite scene was in it.” Joon looked a bit confused. “But you used a scene from episode 8.” She nodded. “I did. My favorite scene wasn’t a scary one.” He was about to ask more but she reached her arm out and covered his face. “Shh, let’s see who my first victim was!”

                The camera went back to the area at M Countdown and June showed the camera her fingernails. The nails were all painted white but the thumbnail had a red heart on it. She laid down on the ground and it fast forwarded as the staff covered her with white rose petals, leaving her fingers sticking out as if her hands were bound in front of her. Then sticking a single red rose on top of the pile of petals.

                June’s voice spoke over the video. “The petals took forever! I almost thought people would start arriving as we were preparing.”

                The camera changed to a hidden camera pointing down the hallway leading towards the way people had to arrive from and an elevator opened. The camera changed to the one showing June on the floor. The staff all ran and hid in a room. The view went back to the view towards the elevator, a bunch of boys were walking down the hallway.

                Lee Joon’s voice suddenly spoke over the video. “Ooh! EXO! Those boys have been on so many episodes!” June laughed “Yeah, they are so unlucky!”

                EXO sleepily turned the corner and slowly stopped one by one to stare at all the flower petals on the ground. Xiumin slowly walked closer to the petals. He noticed the fingers. “Is that…” Suddenly June sat up as fast as she could and screamed. Xiumin and Chen burst out laughing as half of the members screamed and Luhan and Tao tried to run away. D.O started yelling as she started laughing. “June-noona!!! Why is it always us?”

                It showed the set again. Joon was laughing. “Poor Luhan and Tao, I hope you didn’t make them cry again.” June shrugged her shoulders. “The staff took care of them after they ran off. I had to quickly get ready for the next victim. Once again I apologize to EXO fans.” Joon smiled at her. “I wonder if any of their fans like you anymore.” She pouted at him. “Such a mean oppa…” He burst out laughing. “Let’s see who our next victims are.”

                The camera went back to the staff covering her in petals in fast forwards. The screen split into four screens and they all showed the elevators. The top left screen showed 15& coming out of the elevator with their staff. The top right screen showed Junggigo, Beenzino and Jung Joonyoung getting off the elevator with two managers. The bottom left showed Megan Lee getting out of the elevator with Ahn Jaehyun and Younha and staff. The bottom right had Crush and Gaeko with a couple managers.

                The screen with 15& got large first and it showed them turn the corner. The girls started walking slowly while staring at the flower petals. June sat up and screamed again. The two girls grabbed each other in unison and one screamed. A couple members of their staff screamed louder than the girls did which sent them all into a fit of laughter.

                The set was shown again as Joon laughed. “It’s always funny when the staff get scared at things meant for us. How did you know when to pop up?” June pointed to her ear. “I had an ear piece and the staff told me when they were in position.”

                Then the screen went back to the four panels and the top right screen got large this time. Junggigo and Beenzino were walking and talking about their upcoming stage. Joonyoung was quietly walking behind them. Junggigo’s manager was the first one to stop and he pointed at the flowers. The men all stopped and stared. June suddenly sat up and screamed. Junggigo tried to push his manager in between himself and June. Beenzino jumped a bit and Joonyoung blinked a few times and looked over at her with wide eyes.

                It went back to the set again Joon looked impressed “Woah! Joonyoung is so manly! He didn’t even jump!” She laughed. “His manager revealed to us that he wasn’t even all the way awake and that I was what woke him up for the day.” Joon nodded. “Ah, I see.”

                The four screens showed back up and the one showing Megan Lee, Ahn Jaehyun and Younha got big. The girls all walked down the hallway cheerfully. They turned the corner and Younha saw all the flower arrangements first. “So many pretty flowers!” Suddenly June sat up and screamed. Younha and Jaehyun both screamed but Megan laughed as the older girls tried to grab her.

                The four screens popped back up and the final screen with Crush and Gaeko and their staff went full screen. They walked down the hallway and turned the corner and almost walked right past everything, not noticing them. June sat up and screamed before they could get past the flowers. Crush jumped backwards and almost threw himself against the wall as Gaeko stopped in his tracks and grabbed his chest. The girls in their staff ran away.

                Joon was laughing. “It was probably scarier for them since they didn’t notice you beforehand like everyone else did.” She nodded. “Crush’s reaction was my favorite so far. Unfortunately not every group was able to be scared. Like G.NA, Sweet Sorrow, Hyoseong and Ji Yeon arrived while we were still setting up from scaring another group. So they walked in on the staff covering me in petals.” Joon nodded and got a bit more comfortable on the couch. “I remember filming it, it took quite a while to cover her in petals and since we had to film her as a dead body, if she would slightly move or if the staff caused a draft, the petals would move and we would have to re-shoot it.” She nodded. “You could have told your director that I would play a dead body if you asked.” Joon laughed. “You are odd.” She nodded in agreement as the screen changed again.

                The screen went split screen into four screens again. The elevator door all opened at the same time. M.pire was on the top left, BTL was top right, Boyfriend was bottom left and VIXX was in bottom right. M.pire’s screen got big first, the seven members squeezed out of the elevator with one manager. The manager started shuffling the boys down the hallway in a hurry. A couple members were walking while looking at their phones while the others were talking amongst themselves. They turned the corner and didn’t slow down but looked at the flowers confused. June sat up and screamed. Everyone jumped and clung to each other. The manager’s reaction was to immediately push all the boys the direction they were supposed to be heading, right past her.

                Joon was covering his mouth laughing. June smiled. “M.pire has got a good manager. He really cares about their safety.” He uncovered his mouth. “Or they were running late and he didn’t want to lose his job.” June fell over on the couch laughing. “A manager who cares more about losing his job than a screaming corpse. Such dedication!”

                The four screens came back up and BTL’s screen came up. The elevator opened and 4 members and two staff came out and they stood around waiting for the elevator to come back. It finally came back and opened to reveal the other 5 members and another staff. The nine members led the staff down the hallway and turned the corner. They paused for a moment then walked slowly half way across the area and then stopped again. One of the members took out their phone and was about to take a photo when June popped up and screamed. The one who pulled out his phone immediately threw his phone at her, hitting her in the arm, while a couple of the members screamed and ran back towards the elevator. They all started laughing at the one who threw his phone.

                The set was shown again and Joon was staring at his female cohost. “You got hit with a phone?” She nodded reluctantly. “I was hit by an idols phone.” She looked right into the camera and it zoomed in on her. “Scaring people is dangerous and you risk getting things thrown at you or even punched. Please leave it to the professionals.” Joon started smiling. “Did he apologize?” She nodded and smiled. “We both apologized to each other and we took a selca together. He is called Robin.” The screen behind them showed the selca they took together. She started talking again. “Of course this was taken later, after I finished working.” Joon nodded and looked at the selca. “You seem very happy to have been hit by his phone…” She started laughing. “Please don’t throw phones at me!”

                The four screens came back up and Boyfriend’s screen got large. The elevator opened and the 6 members came out hurrying down the hallway. They turned the corner and were going to hurry past the flowers but Jeongmin and Kwangmin suddenly stopped, stopping everyone else behind them. June screamed as she popped up and Youngmin, Kwangmin and Jeongmin screamed. Hyunsung tried hiding behind Minwoo who just froze with Donghyun. Minwoo started laughing and pretended to beat up Hyunsung. The rest started laughing as their manager who was grabbing his chest started yelling that they were going to be late for pre-recording.

                It showed the set again and June sighed. “Isn’t Minwoo so brave? He’s the maknae but lets his hyung’s hide behind him.” Joon scoffed. “His hyung hid behind him, it doesn’t prove his bravery.” He smiled. “I think your bias is showing.” She laughed and nodded. “You might be right. You seem a bit jealous.” Joon blushed and quickly replied. “I just wanted to be there to help you scare them! You got to meet so many groups!” She nodded. “I did, but you are an idol and can meet them much easier than I can.” He nodded. “That’s true…”

                The four screens appeared again and the last screen with VIXX went full screen. The members calmly came down the hallway and only glanced at the flowers. Hyuk was about to keep walking into the next hallway but June screamed and sat up. N, Hongbin, and Ravi all screamed really loud. N grabbed onto Leo who was just standing there smiling a bit as N fell to the ground. Ken yelled “Daebak!!” as him and Hyuk burst out laughing. N started yelling “I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!! AISHHH!!” Hongbin had bent down and was composing himself on the ground.

                The set showed again and June was wiping tears off her face from laughing. Lee Joon was laughing really hard as well. “That’s the first time I heard someone yell Daebak after you scared them.” She nodded. “They had to stay there for like five more minutes as N and Hongbin waited for their leg function to come back. I guess VIXX is really easy to scare.” Joon wiped his own eyes. “So who do we have left to see?” June sat up straight and clapped her hands together again. “Two big name groups! ZE:A and Infinite! I was so nervous about scaring them! I didn’t know what idol group I would be scaring until the staff would tell me who they were as they walked down the hallway. I was almost too scared to scare them!” Joon pouted. “You weren’t nervous about scaring me!” She nodded. “That’s true, but you did get to come back as host. They won’t be coming to replace you.” He was still pretend pouting at her so she smiled at him. “Joon-oppa is the best co-host ever!” She made a hand heart at him and he grinned and looked away. “So let’s see what happens when ZE:A walks into the gap dong prank!”

                “Such a high maintenance oppa…” June’s voice could be heard mumbling over the screen changing to show half of the members of ZE:A get off the elevator and wait around for the rest. All the members arrived and they came down the hallway and turned and Kwanghee stopped as soon as he saw the flower petals. The rest of the members passed him a bit before stopping cause he pointed at the pile. “GAP DONG!!” He yelled and as if on cue, June popped up and screamed. Kwanghee screamed right back at her, Minwoo jumped and covered his ears. Dongjun and Kevin both jumped about a foot. Heecheol started laughing as Hyunsik hid behind Siwan. Junyoung and Taeyeon didn’t react right away but started laughing after seeing their members’ reactions. Kwanghee continued screaming “WHY ARE YOU COPYING GAP DONG!! THAT’S SO SCARY!! AIIISSSHHH!!” He grumpily walked past the other members who were now all laughing at him.

                Lee Joon smiled at the camera satisfied. “Of course Kwanghee would know my drama.” June laughed. “He lectured me after I apologized too and he told me a lot of things about you. Things about what you want for a wife.” He looked worried and sighed. “I don’t need a wife, I have Kwanghee.” June burst out in laughter again. “Well, shall we watch our final victims of today? Infinite!” Joon pointed at the camera as it changed to the elevator.

                Infinite came out of the elevator and were laughing at something. Dongwoo was laughing really loud and had his arm around Hoya’s shoulders. The group turned the corner and the laughing got quiet as they noticed the suspicious flowers. June suddenly popped up and screamed. Dongwoo screamed and tried to jump into Hoya’s arms but Hoya didn’t catch him. Sungjong squeaked as he jumped. Sungyeol and Sunggyu just laughed. L stared at June. “Ah! June-ssi, this is Idol Scare Tactics!” He started looking around to spot the cameras. Dongwoo was still doing a mixture of crying and laughing on the floor as Hoya tried to comfort him.

                The set was shown again and June was looking back at the monitor. Lee Joon laughed. “June! Stop staring at Infinite!” She turned around and laughed awkwardly. “Ah, sorry! I feel so bad for Dongwoo! I didn’t think about him when planning this prank. He is so easily scared!” she pointed back at the screen. “See, I about gave him a heart attack!” Joon laughed and patted her shoulder. “I’m sure he’s fine. It your job to make idols cry!” She laughed and nodded. “I didn’t make you cry though!” He shook his head. “No, but you made me think we were going to be shot!” She smiled and nodded. “That was a good day.”

                Joon sighed and looked back at the camera. “So that was all we had to show this time! I hope you liked our Gap Dong prank!” June scooted forwards on the couch a bit, getting closer to Joon for the camera to zoom in on them. “Please support our show by watching and watch Joon-Oppa’s drama Gap Dong which airs on Fridays and Saturdays! It’s really good! Episode 9 has him in a shower scene!” Joon looked over at her and laughed “Is that why it’s your favorite episode?”

                The credits started scrolling past as it cut away from the hosts and showed clips of all of today’s groups doing the Idol Scare Tactics closing and making fighting poses. After Infinite’s clip the Idol Scare Tactics logo flew at your screen and embedded itself into the glass before breaking away.