A fancy game

Trick or Sweet

 

What the hell were you doing?!? Being laid up with some guy you don't know, in his bed practically wrapped around him while watching a movie. Was he really that intrancing, you did just get left by your boyfriend so what's got you so attached to this guy? What is it? His glossy eyes, his smooth deep voice, his y smirk and lip biting, or his cute child-like smile? Was it his body? Oh no, maybe it was that he's simply handsome and while you puked your guts out he held your hair or did you get he ditched you? No you didn't forget you just got over it when he made you soup right? Now you just do whatever he wants and go whereever he wants because of what?

 

"I like him and it ." You said falling back on your bed overwhelmed by the feeling. You didn't want to like someone, it was too soon, too easy, too sudden, too dangerous and most of all too stupid. You knew better than to be getting attached to him, but you still wanted to. You were thinking too much again~ this vacation was supposed to be about you and your best friends not boys and relationships. It all just happened so suddenly and now all you can think about was the guy in the room next door. Speaking of doors yours opened, it was Anjie and Caimin and they looked exhausted "oh, you're back." you commented dully still sinking into your cloud like bed.

 

"We should be saying that to you, where have you been?"

 

You just shrugged, that rotten mood was back again and this time with a vengence. "No where, sorry I took your car Anjie." You said getting up scratching your scalp. "Why is your hair wet?" "It rained." your answers were so cut and dry.

 

"Did something happen?" Caimin finally inquired but you just shook your head turning on the bathroom light and leaning over the sink. "Ani. So where'd you guys go?" You tried your best to sound interested, it's not that you weren't but from the sound of your voice it seemed like taking apart a microwave would be more interesting to you. You wanted to hear what they had to say to drown out your Hae thoughts and hoped they wouldn't catch onto your mood. ....But they're your best friends so..."Okay what the hell happened? You leave the party early to 'sleep' and the guys' friend goes ghost too, you steal Anjie's car and leave before everyone wakes up and he just so happens to go missing again too. Now you're here and your all moody again so what happened?" Can't fool your friends~but you can lie to them.

"Nothing, I just went out to eat so I haven't seen him either." You shrugged knowing soon that lie would catch up with you soon. "Oh, well come downstairs we're going to eat in the little dining room and we want to see you so stop dragging around in your bra, look pretty for us we're going to get ready now." You just agreed to meet them downstairs. You were trying your best to brush off your feelings. You did want to get all prettied up and finally do something with your friends so you threw your suitcase on the bed and shuffled through the clothes inside, nothing in particular was catching your eye. "Why didn't I bring better clothes?" You cried out, planting your face into your luggage bag. The door opened again and you turned toward it only to realize your main door hadn't opened but the door on the side and Hae was there leaning against the door frame. Luckily you had thrown on a plain t-shirt beforehand. He didn't say anything he just looked at you. He just pulled out the case of your clothes to his side of the bed and went through it. From the bottom he pulled up your simple strapless, sweet heart neckline black dress. He held it up to you, raising his eyebrows then pointed to your red pumps that you had lined against the wall. "I won't be able to keep my eyes off of you in this." He said putting the dress down and going back into his room and closing the door behind him. He really was making himself 100% hard to forget. Luckily they only stay one night according to Wonyi. You put the dress on and applied a little makeup to your face, a natural yet y look went well with to form fitting outfit. To match the pumps you had simple red earrings. You sat on the end of your bed swinging your feet while Caimin ironed her hair in your bathroom. “The guys aren’t coming right?” Caimin asked sitting next to you on the bed.

“Caimin hurry up I’m hungrrrry!” Anjie whined. You were still out of it and stayed really quiet, just hitting the back of your heels on the floor waiting patiently. Your thoughts of Hae could keep you busy for hours.  “____” they called. “Oh I’m you’re ready?”

You all went downstairs and were led into the dining room. It was a small room with three round tables covered in white table cloths. It was actually a pretty fancy square room, it was like the world’s smallest fancy restaurant.  You sat down, you always got this attitude on with you felt fancy, you’d painted your nails and felt the need to touch everything delicately and since you’d dressed up you felt the need to sit delicately it was so dramatic. You felt chic.

“What guys, did you meet guys last night?” You asked, suddenly alert and curious. They looked at each other, then at you. “Yeah, Kyuhyun and Sungmin, didn’t you hook up with their friend Donghae.”

You felt an extreme poker face coming on. “I said I didn’t.” You really didn’t sound like you were lying, well because you weren’t. Technically you and Donghae didn’t “hook up” but just the thought gave you shivers. Not in a bad way. “We went shopping with them earlier, we assumed you went somewhe…with.” She sort of trailed off as your expression failed to lighten up. You weren’t angry that they assumed they were with Donghae, just confused and sudden felt left out. Your friends were apparently getting along with his  just fine and you and Donghae were well…weird. You just placed your napkin in your lap and picked up your menu. You’d ordered faster than you’ve ordered anything usually you’re the last to pick your meal or even your drink but this time you were on top of it. It could’ve been the nerves. You looked up, it was somewhat silent, but then Caimin’s eyes lit up. She smiled and waved and Anjie waved too, to someone behind you. You turned around and there they were. Primped and pressed and handsome as ever in there suits. Your heart skipped a beat looking at Hae walk in. He really was flawless walking in, he didn’t even have his jacket on he held it over his shoulder. The look of his navy blue button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up over his toned arms was fascinating. It was like he was going to burst out of that shirt, it was tucked nicely into his pants, he just looked perfect and his friends weren’t far behind in looks they were all breath taking. You kept your eyes on Hae, but pretended that you weren’t. You didn’t really feel like being in the same room as him, but you didn’t mind checking out the view.

                Your friends greeted the boys and introduced you. “Kyuhyun oppa, Sungmin oppa this is our best friend _____.” They nodded and smiled. But things got weird when Kyuhyun and Sungmin went to “introduce” Hae to you and yours friends. He smiled at them and became straight faced and turned away when his eyes met yours. He exhaled heavily and went to the farthest table in the room and sat down. You couldn’t really make heads or tails of it, you weren’t really bother by his reaction. You haven’t been around him and other people other than Wonyi before, so you couldn’t really tell how he would react but you caught onto his game quickly and were no less than intrigued. Two could easily play that game.  No one knew it and you’d actually forgotten that throughout the night of the Halloween party you had “collected” (were practically tossed) quite a few phone numbers. You saved them in your phone, for sport, you really had no intentions on using them especially in your current situation between ex-boyfriend and whatever Hae is. But you picked one and began texting.

                The night became interested, after finishing your first cup of soda you decided to upgrade the night with your attitude and ordered a glass of wine. The ring you wore on your left hand clanked against the glass as you prepared to drink. You raised the intensity of your conversation with your friends, you began laughing louder and speaker more excitedly. You sat back and cross your legs and you weren’t even tipsy yet. In your peripheral vision you could tell that at some points Hae would take quick glances in your direction. You were planning on being completely cold toward him and his existence he really had no idea who he had started his little game with.