T w o

100 tales of horror

  Sungjong's pov.

 The day flew past quickly and the infinite hyungs and I were walking towards Sunggyu hyung's house . We were suppossed to 'study' for the upcoming exams but somehow , that ended up as a ghost story telling session . The seven of us sat in a small cicle, With Hoya hyung at my left and Myungsoo hyung at my right. Myungsoo hyung was lying on his stomach , leaning against Sungyeol hyung , who was beside him. They listened attentively to each story. 

  I let out a sigh , I was realy bored , but the hyungs seemed to be so interested that I didn't want to ruin it for them. I don't see why they were so interested in these things. I never believed any , most stories I heard were so fake. There wasn't such things in this world. Those people that created the stories were just imagining to much . There wasn't any scenitific proof that they really do exist. I looked around and saw Dongwoo hyung , he looked like he was about to cry . Dongwoo hyung never liked these things , you could tell easily by how he was frightened during ranking king. Hoya hyung seemed to sense my boredom , he leaned closer and whispered , "Bored? " 

  I nodded a little. He knew that i didn't like these things. He smiled at me , " Okay , after Woohyun's story we'll leave alright ? It's getting late anyways. " I smiled and nodded back , waiting for Woohyun hyung's turn. 

 "Alright! It's my turn!" Woohyun hyung said , grinning , obviously happy that it was finally his turn. 

 "This is sort of a urban legend. It was said that if you were walking alone on the strrets at night , you may see a woman wearing a trenchcoat with long black hair. She would be wearing a surgical mask . If you see her, make sure to turn around and walk away. Do not even attempt to walk past her. If you walk past , she'll ask you if you think she's pretty. If answer yes , she'll remove her mask , revealing a huge wound that started from her right cheek , cutting through her mouth and ending at her left cheek, making it seem like she's grinning from ear to ear , literally. After that she'll ask you the same question again , this time , if you answer no , she immediately kill you . This time , you might think ' Hey! If I said yes, she wouldn't kill me right? ' . But you're wrong , if  you answer yes , she cut your face the same way that hers was cut , leaving you with the same wound. However if you run from her , she'll kill you anyway. "  Woohyun hyung finished. 

   I sighed , it was so fake. I glanced around , I nudged Hoya hyung , trying to tell him that iw was time to leave. Hoya nodded then said ," Well, It's getting late. Sungjong and I will be going now." 

 "Whaaat? " Sungyeol whined , " It was just getting fun!" 

  "Let them go. It's getting late , " Sunggyu nagged , then waved at the both of us , " Bye Sungjongie , Bye hoya! " 

  Huh, Who knew Sunggyu hyung was awake ? His eyes were so small that i couldn't even tell. Oh wells. I waved back , " Bye hyung." 

  

 "Yah, Sungjongie!" Hoya hyung nudged me , " Were you scared at all?" 

  I shook my head , " Nope." Things like this won't scare me. 

  As we walked , we reached an intersection , Hoya had to turn left to reach his neighbourhood and I had to walk staright. 

 " Bye hyung." I told him , and continued walking .

 "Yah! Do you need me to walk with you? It's pretty dark there." Hoya called out .

 "It's alright !" I turned back and gave him a smile. What could go wrong ? I walked home though this path many times . I could walk back even with my eyes closed . 

 "Alright then ,"  Hoya replied and continued walking his own route. 

 

  As I was walking , I noticed a figure standing at one side . Even though it was dark , i could feel that figure staring at me. I shrugged , and continue walked. As I walked closer , i realised that figure was wearing a pale peach coloured trencoat. I stopped in my tracks, and look back , obviously Hoya hyung was long gone. 

 I told myself ,"Nothing will happen. Just keep your eyes to yourself. " And i continued walking. 

  But under the street light , i noticed the figure had long black hair and was wearing a mask as well. 

 *Come on, She must be scared about catching the flu. That's why she's wearing a mask.* I assured myself . But I couldn't help but feel that something was wrong.. 

  As i walked on , and closer to the figure, she started walking towards me as well. 

  I gulped and slowly took out my phone and dialed Hoya hyung's number, putting the phone to my ear as i walked. 

 "Sungjongie?" I heard hoya speak. 

 "H-Hyung." My voice came out as a whisper. In the first time of my life, i was actually scared, I hate this feeling. I wanted it to go away. 

 " What's wrong?' Hoya asked , concerned , as i heard a loud rustling noise coming from the phone.

 My eyes never left the figure approaching , i took a step back , " H-hyung.."

 Why couldn't i say anything else? I stepped under another streetlight,  hoping that the light will protect me somehow.

 "Wait sungjong. I'm around the corner " Hoya replied, panting. I could hear thudding sounds , indicating that he was running. Thank heavens that he lived nearby.

 * Hyung , save me. * 

  Just then the figure came , I could see her face clearly now. She asked a question. 

  "Am I pretty? " 

 


So how's this chapter? >< leave a comment ?