Chapter 11

Denial Is Just A River in Egypt

 

Chapter 11

by: Sharl/zielddhy

 

 

"Dude, that is ridiculous."
 
Changmin glared at Yunho who sat across the table. He sighed. All he wanted today was a quiet lunch with his boyfriend (his heart made a giddy leap at the word boyfriend) but somehow it ended up with him sitting once again at Jaejoong's restaurant, and of course, Yunho in front of him. 
 
"What part of 'I don't want that' that you don't understand?" Changmin took a vicious bite on his grilled cheese sandwich -his first course for today. "I don't want Junsu to meet with you guys, you two will embarrass me."
 
"We will do no such thing! Impossible!" Yunho scoffed indignantly. 
 
"What is impossible?" Jaejoong sauntered to their table, bringing a plate of home-made lasagna for Changmin. He then plopped down on Yunho's lap and Changmin made a face. God these two were so ridiculous, and he hasn't even recovered from that incident in Jaejoong's office!
 
"I was just telling Changmin here that he should let us meet Junsu. Don't you agree Boo?" he cooed at the man on his lap, placing butterfly kisses on his neck. 
 
Jaejoong giggled, "Oh yes yes yes please Minnie, bring him here."
 
Changmin snorted. "So you guys can ogle him? no thanks."
 
Jaejoong pouted. "But you adore my food, and you love him, what would be better than having two of your favorite things in the same room?"
 
The architect thought about it for a second. Actually it doesn't seem to be such a bad idea. Besides, he knew that Yunho and Jaejoong will continue pester him until they meet with Junsu. Or worse, they might suddenly showed up in front of the marine biologist and do embarrassing things. Changmin shuddered and he finally gave in.
 
"Fine," he mumbled grudgingly.
 
Jaejoong practically squealed. "Call him now!"
 
Changmin obeyed, but it was more because Jaejoong shoved a plate of blueberry cheesecake to him rather than anything else. He called Junsu (ignoring Jaejoong who once again squealed when he said the word 'love you' as a goodbye to Junsu) and twenty minutes later Junsu came in through the door, wearing tight jeans and t-shirt.
 
"Hey babe," Junsu said as he sat down next to Changmin. "Sorry I'm making you wait." He then leaned in and gave Changmin a soft peck on the lips.
 
Changmin thought he melted into a puddle of goo. "No, it's okay. Have you eaten?"
 
Junsu shook his head. "Didn't have the time. Things were so hectic at the facility, penguin's mating season," he said non-chalantly, all oh you know, the usual stuff.
 
"Err, okay," Changmin replied because he didn't even know that penguins had mating season. "By the way, this is Yunho and Jaejoong. Jae-hyung is the chef here so anything you want to eat, just tell him."
 
Jaejoong practically beamed. "Anything Junsu, anything. And for you, it's free of charge for today. Only for him, Minnie," the chef added with a pointed look at Changmin who seemed to want to protest.
 
Junsu laughed, his unique laughter made Changmin melted even further. "Well, what's your specialty?"
 
"For today we have Sautéed chicken with mustard sauce, served with grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes."
 
"That sounds great, I'll take that."
 
Jaejoong flopped down from Yunho's lap and strutted towards the kitchen, not before he smiled again at Junsu. Yunho then began to say other pleasantries, introducing himself and saying other stuffs. They were all nonsense things, in Changmin's opinion, but he was too preoccupied with how y his boyfriend looked in those tight jeans. 
 
ert, the gremlin in his brain commented and Changmin voluntarily ignored the scratching remark.
 
After a few minutes Junsu stood up and excused himself to the bathroom. Changmin caught Yunho looking at how Junsu's plump swayed as he walked and the CEO whistled, "Will you look at that. Changmin, you are indeed one lucky bastard."
 
Changmin scowled. The architect was torn between two feelings, protective because Junsu was his boyfriend damn it, and satisfied because now he had a blackmail material to use against Yunho. Of course the other wouldn't want him to tell Jaejoong that, would he? Yunho however, didn't seem to take the hint. 
 
"Where is Junsu?" Jaejoong arrived with a plate of steaming food. He put it on the table and sat down on Yunho's lap. Again. Like there's no other chair around the table. But then again maybe Changmin would want Junsu to sit on his lap as well.
 
Actually the thought was really tempting. 
 
"To the bathroom. He just left two minutes ago and Changmin's already looking like a lost puppy," Yunho smiled mischievously. "He is so whipped."
 
Changmin scowled deeper and turned to Jaejoong, "Hyung, your boyfriend just checked out my boyfriend's ."
 
Jaejoong gasped. He looked at Yunho, "How dare you do that without me in the room? I thought we agreed to look at them together!"
 
Changmin felt his jaw dropped.
 
Yunho smirked, "I'm sorry babe but I just can't help it."
 
Jaejoong scowled but snuggled closer into Yunho's chest."Can we ask him?" The chef mumbled through Yunho's clothes. The CEO shrugged but he nodded nonetheless. Jaejoong squealed before wriggling around Yunho's arms so now he was facing Changmin. "So... Min, you think you can lend your boyfriend to us? Just for one night. We'll take care of him."
 
"What? Hell no! Are you guys crazy?" 
 
"We'll let you join in if you want," Yunho added and Jaejoong moaned.
 
" God, that would be so hot," The chef breathed, lightly nipped at his lover's neck, "Min, please please please say yes."
 
"No!"
 
Jaejoong pouted. He bit his bottom lip, thinking for a few seconds and then said rather hopefully, "or maybe we could just watch you fu-"
 
"NO."
 
 
****************************
 
 
"Dude, that is ridiculous."
 
Kyuhyun snorted as he watched his editor pacing back and forth around his spacious office. They were at Donghae's office once again, discussing the novelist newest manuscript. So far things went well, except for the fact that Donghae was moping because Hyukjae had agreed to go to the kpop star world tour and wouldn't be back for a few months at least. And now his editor had all sort of imaginative things starting from the kpop star would flirt blatantly at Hyukjae until perhaps they were ing already from this moment.
 
Kyuhyun said that Donghae was an idiot who doesn't trust his own boyfriend and the editor sulked even more. He added that if Donghae was that concerned he might as well quit his job and just follow Hyukjae, at which Donghae shot down the idea by telling Kyuhyun how ridiculous it was.
 
"You don't say. Now calm down would you, and stop pacing, you're making me dizzy."
 
Donghae grumbled but he plopped down on the sofa nonetheless. "But I'm so worried! What if he's bored with me already and-"
 
"Hae!"
 
"... Fine," Donghae sulked.
 
Kyuhyun sighed, really things between these two were just silly. "Now can we get back to the manuscript on hand? Siwon will come here at any moment now and we have dinner reservations."
 
Changmin had texted him earlier, asking could they get that double date/dinner thing tonight at Takigawa restaurant. Kyuhyun agreed and so here he was, waiting for Siwon to pick him up because he was too lazy to drive there by himself. 
 
Donghae perked up. "Did you just say Siwon? Siwon your boyfriend, Siwon the lawyer is coming here? Siwon is coming to my office? I can finally meet him?"
 
Kyuhyun frowned. "What are you so giddy about?"
 
"Because!" The editor jumped to his feet. "I've heard so much about him and well, I'm curious. I want to know what he's like and you've forbid us to meet," he pointed an causing finger to the other.
 
The novelist rolled his eyes, "don't be so dramatic. It's not that I don't want to introduce you two, it's just-" his words were cut off by a beeping sound from the intercom.
 
"Mr. Lee, there's a Mr. Choi here, he say he wants to meet with Mr. Cho?" Donghae's secretary's voice came through the speaker.
 
The editor swiveled in his chair. "Thank you Sabrina, please let him in," he said with a huge grin on his face.
 
Donghae gawked when the door opened. The man in front of him was a Greek God. That handsome face, those cute dimples when he smiled, and -with that kind of muscles he could already imagined how thick and long the man's must be. The editor let out a little whimper when the image of Siwon in all his glory came to his brain.
 
Siwon cleared his throat a bit, obviously uncomfortable with the way this man stared at him. He wouldn't mind if Kyuhyun was the one looking at him like that but sadly he knew it would just happened in his dreams. Kyuhyun would rather kill him first. Speaking of Kyuhyun though, Siwon glanced and smiled as he saw the author appeared behind the stranger.
 
"Alright Hae, so I'll send you my revised chapters in a few days, okay?" Kyuhyun said as he walked around Donghae and put on his coat.
 
Donghae mumbled something incoherently in reply as he still locked into deep-staring experience at Kyuhyun's boyfriend.
 
Siwon leaned in and whispered to Kyuhyun, "What's wrong with him?"
 
The novelist waved a hand dismissively, "Don't mind him, he's just . His dancer of a boyfriend left him on some kind of world tour three weeks ago."
 
Siwon let out a small 'oh' before hurriedly following Kyuhyun out the door. With a last 'See you, Hae' they left the office. The two of them made their way to the parking lot, and five minutes into the drive, Kyuhyun's phone beeped. The novelist flipped it open. It was Donghae.
 
Hey, if you guys ever interested in I'm all yours okay? ;)
 
Kyuhyun made a face. Like he would ever share Siwon with Donghae. Or anyone else.
 
 
****************
 
 
"This whole world is ridiculous."
 
Changmin made a humming agreement sound at the back of his throat. He poured more sake into Junsu's cup. The four of them were having dinner, empty Sushi plates littered on the table before a waitress picked them up. So far the night went smoothly. Junsu and Siwon hit off immediately (with Junsu successfully convincing Siwon that an environmental lawyer is highly-sought these days with all the go green stuff going around). In fact they were currently in their own little world, leaving Changmin and Kyuhyun to discuss anything they wanted. 
 
Kyuhyun continued to rant, "I mean, how can Donghae and Yunho and Jaejoong said that? It's not like they don't have partners." He stopped for a moment, "Well, maybe Donghae doesn't have one right now, but what the hell?"
 
"I thought I know Yunho and Jaejoong, but apparently I don't," Changmin took a sip from his own cup. "I'm not sure I want Junsu to be anywhere near them. Ever."
 
"You don't want me to be near who?" Junsu suddenly joined the conversation.
 
"Err," Changmin said.
 
"So do you know any good place for diving, Junsu?" Kyuhyun smoothly turned the conversation around, effectively distracting the marine biologist from questioning Changmin further. "It's on Siwon's 25-things-to-do-before-I-die list."
 
"Kyu! You remember the list!" Siwon smiled his megawatt smile and those dimples appeared. Kyuhyun felt his stomach did a little flip seeing that smile. He was about to say in something in reply, but then Siwon took his hand and all thoughts flew away from his brain. This syndrome always happened whenever he's with Siwon. Kyuhyun called this Siwondrome.
 
Changmin smirked, seeing that totally whipped expression on his best friend's face. But then again he probably had the same expression on when Junsu looked at him. 
 
You really do, said the gremlin voice.
 
Shut up.
 
 
****************
 
 
The hotel project Changmin and Junsu worked on was a huge success, becoming one if the most attractive tourism spot at the region. Changmin continued his work as an architect. He developed two other similar projects across South Korea before expanding his ideas to China and Japan. He and Junsu will move in to their beach house this summer.
 
Kyuhyun's newest book was another best seller. The Seoul Times quoted it as 'a real nail biter, one of the greatest novel in our time.' When he was asked about his inspiration, the author refused to comment. He was seen, however, holding hands with the big-shot lawyer Choi Siwon at the Pulitzer Award Ceremony.
 
 
-End Story-
 
Author's note: Whew! This story is finally done, my first completed chaptered story ^^ this has been a very fun fic for me and I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. See you folks in the next fic!