Chapter 10

Denial Is Just A River in Egypt

chapter 10

by: Sharl/zielddhy

 

 

Kyuhyun was, for the third time in the last three months, sitting at the posh lobby of Choi and Partners. 
 
What the hell are you doing? He berated himself. He hadn't seen the man for twenty one days, four hours and thirty-six minutes and suddenly he was just going to appear in Siwon's office without notice and he was gonna tell the other 'I love you'? Yeah right. Like that's gonna happen. Kyuhyun frowned. Wait the minute, he was going to do exactly that. 
 
Damn it. Why did he do this again? Oh yeah, his stupid gentleman's agreement with Changmin in which Kyuhyun was the initiator this time. He began to regret this whole thing, feeling like an idiot for suggesting it in the first place.
 
But Changmin, that stubborn, adorable, in denial Changmin looked so miserable. And Kyuhyun only wanted to help his best friend. 
 
Plus there was that, you know, one other tiny little minor, not very important piece of information: hiscrushwithSiwontheLawyer. So...yeah.
 
.... You don't even know if he likes you back, a small part of his brain slyly said and Kyuhyun immediately sulked. The voice was right. Siwon didn't text or call him for four days now, surely it's not a good sign.
 
Feeling even more depressed, Kyuhyun suddenly wanted to go back, pull blankets over his head and mourned about his bad karma in love life. He was about to stand up and leave when the same perky receptionist looked up and recognized him. "Oh, hi! Are you going to see Mr. Choi?"
 
Kyuhyun's breath hitched at the word 'Mr. Choi' and he began to feel nervous again. The perky receptionist seemed to interpret his silence as a yes because she said something like 'let me call him for you' and will Kyuhyun patiently wait?
 
Two minutes later he was standing in Siwon's office while the lawyer himself was not in the room yet. The perky receptionist said that Mr. Choi was stuck in a meeting but he had specifically requested for Kyuhyun to wait in his office. I fact, the moment she said this, a beefy security guy had walked up to them and Kyuhyun was sure that if he tried to leave that security entourage would hold him prisoner. 
 
The author walked around the room and stood in front of the ceiling-high window panes, staring at what little reflection of himself that he could see. "Right, you can do this,"Kyuhyun gave himself a pep talk, "you've written best sellers, won literature awards, even remained friends with Donghae. You so can do this." Feeling more confident, Kyuhyun took a seat on the sofa and waited.
 
However when the door finally opened and he heard Siwon's voice, all the confident instantly evaporated from his body. ".... Those damn lawyers! How can they claim gender discrimination now when they clearly know that this lawsuit is about property rights? I want to hear more from our clients, can you set up a meeting with them tomorrow?
 
"Of course sir," a male voice who Kyuhyun assumed was Siwon's assistant answered readily.
 
Kyuhyun turned around just in time to see the lawyer walked through the door, looking as handsome as ever. Siwon looked at him, smiled and Kyuhyun felt his heart thumping seeing those two dimples appeared. 
 
"I hope you didn't wait long Kyuhyun. I'm sorry I couldn't get out from that meeting."
 
"No, it's okay. It's my fault anyway, I shouldn't have just come here without telling you first. I'm sorry," Kyuhyun said.
 
The other man waved away his apology, threw few important-looking papers on his desk and sat on them. "Umm," Kyuhyun began uncertainly, "you're sitting on those documents there, did you know that?"
 
"Oh, that's right," Siwon scrambled off them immediately and straightened them. Carefully putting them at the other end of the desk, he looked at Kyuhyun again. "So, is there something I can help you with?"
 
You, was what the novelist wanted to say. But Kyuhyun was stubborn, and he was, well, Kyuhyun. He needed to know first if Siwon at least liked him back before he could say the 'L' word back. And so, he played the defensive technique. "I need to know why you suddenly don't contact me anymore in the last four days."
 
The other man stared at the floor and mumbled something incoherently.
 
"... What?"
 
"I said its because I'm embarrassed," the lawyer said louder this time, "I mean, I kissed you and everything three weeks ago and after that you started to respond differently to my calls and text messages so I assumed that you don't like me at all."
 
"But you don't even- oh. Oh." Kyuhyun finally realized what Siwon was trying to say. "You've kissed me before, haven't you?" He stupidly said. "So that means... by any chance... does that mean that you like me?"
 
Siwon looked at him exasperatedly. "Isn't that obvious enough? I like you okay, very much. Maybe I even love you but I don't dare hoping for something more when you yourself said- wait," he suddenly stopped. "Did you say you need to know why I don't contact you these four days?"
 
Kyuhyun swore he was blushing, he could feel the heat creeping on his face. 
 
The lawyer stood up and walked towards Kyuhyun, something a kin of hope glinted in his eyes. "Kyu, am I to understand that you like me back?"
 
"... Yes," he answered in small voice.
 
Kyuhyun might want to say something else, something witty, sarcastic or at least intelligent but Siwon kissed him again and all he could think about was how good Siwon's lips felt on his.
 
 
***********************
 
 
"What the hell do you want?"
 
Changmin gulped. Okay, so maybe coming to Junsu's apartment without bringing anything was not the best thing he could do. He should have bought something, maybe some foods because Junsu eats like a starved man, or some flowers as peace offering (but Junsu was not a girl), or maybe some fishes in aquarium or really, something, anything that might remotely say 'I'm sorry' because Changmin was an idiot when it comes to apologizing. 
 
"Hi," his treacherous mouth said instead.
 
Junsu leaned at wall and crossed his arms. Not a good sign. "Well?" He asked again with a glare.
 
"Hi.. Umm, how are you?" 
 
Changmin cringed seeing Junsu rolled his eyes. It was clear that the man was still angry, but of course it was perfectly understandable. The architect cleared his throat, words and big speeches already on the tip of his tongue. He took a deep breath and looked up to see Junsu watching him with betrayed expression. His whole features looked pale, there were bags under his eyes and even from the baggy clothes he was wearing, Changmin could clearly see Junsu had lost some weights.
 
He wanted nothing more than to hug the man, tucked him under mountains of blankets and just take care of him for some unknown reasons.
 
Because you love him, the gremlin in his head made a comeback.
 
Oh hi, hello again, nice to know that I'm still insane, Changmin grimaced inwardly. And yes, you're right. I love him. I love him. I love him.
 
Changmin looked away. He didn't know what to do. All the things he wanted to say flew over his head by the time he saw Junsu in such miserable condition. Especially since he was the cause of them all. He fidgeted in his shoes.
 
"Well... You see..." He his lips nervously, "what I want to say is... Damn it.. I mean..."
 
"If you are here for a quick I suggest you try the strip club six blocks from here," Junsu dead panned.
 
"No! I mean, I'm not looking for a quick ! I just... wanted to see you," Changmin finished lamely. He looked down again, feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable. Junsu still had such perceptions about him and he suddenly wanted to go back to his apartment, pull blankets over his head and mourned about his bad karma in love life. 
 
"Changmin, are you trying to apologize?" Junsu suddenly asked.
 
The architect answered with a mix between a grunt and a scoff. Junsu was about open his mouth to say something like 'then just apologize damn it' when suddenly the door across his apartment swung open and an old lady voice called out, "Oh for goodness sake, just kiss him already Junsu dear! He's clearly very sorry."
 
He hid a smile seeing Changmin turned around in horrified expression. "Hello Mrs. Han, how are you today?" Junsu waved at his neighbor. 
 
"I'll be in better state if I see you forgive this young man here."
 
"Err," Changmin squeaked.
 
Heaving a sigh, Junsu stepped aside to let Changmin in. He should've known better than to let Changmin stood outside for so long. His nosy neighbor was a 70 year old widow that was just, well, nosy like any old lady out there. After exchanging few more pleasantries with Mrs. Han, Junsu closed the door to see Changmin standing in his living room awkwardly.
 
"Sorry about that," Changmin heard Junsu apologized, "she's just lonely sometimes."
 
"No it's alright," the architect replied. He looked at Junsu determinedly and wanting to apologize for real this time, but once again with only one look all the words flew out again. Changmin wanted to groan out in frustration. Damn it, why was this so hard?
 
He really should have brought the fishes.
 
Okay. The whole thing wasn't working, time to move to plan B. Changmin reached into his pocket, pulling out a wrinkled piece of paper, opened it and started to read. 
 
"Did you know that sea horses have a single mate for life? Every morning they come together, dance together, change their colors, twirl around with their tails linked together and then separate for the rest of the day?"
 
Junsu quirked a small smile.
 
Changmin took a deep breath and walked towards Junsu. "I want to do the same thing with you." He took Junsu's hand and much to his delight, the other didnt pull away.
 
"Well, maybe not the part of changing colors and twirling around, but...the rest of them, I want it. I want to hear all about the oceans and marine life and I won't call them stupid because I'm just so happy hearing your voice."
 
Junsu smiled, for real this time. He finally understood Changmin now. This architect was terrible with words, such an idiot when it comes to recognizing his own feelings. The things he said about seahorses just now was probably the closest Junsu thing will ever get to apology and love confession. Even the fact that Changmin purposely looked up for marine facts spoke tons of volumes. Junsu knew how much the architect hated those and there was something horribly romantic about that. 
 
 He raised their entwined hand, cupping Changmin's face, feeling the other's breath hitched a little as he the smooth cheek. "Are you sure? Because I know how much you value your precious bachelor life and having me in them kinda screws the whole thing up."
 
The architect stared at him intently, "I'm sure."
 
"You know it won't be easy to get rid of me once I'm in your life."
 
"I know, and I won't even try that."
 
Junsu leaned closer and whispered, voice dropped down into a husky tone, "And by 'every morning they come together', I assume you're talking more than just seahorses?"
 
Changmin groaned, his hands shook and before he knew it, Junsu had dropped down to his knees, fingers swiftly ed Changmin's designer pants and pulled them down.
 
 
*********************
 
 
"So?"
 
"So, I'm one happy man," Changmin said with a huge grin on his face. As what they had agreed yesterday, he was meeting Kyuhyun at Jaejoong's restaurant now. The chef himself was nowhere in sight and frankly Changmin didn't want to know. Not after the condition he found the man that last time, thank you.
 
Kyuhyun watched his best friend grinned and he couldn't help but smile back. This was the happiest he had seen Changmin ever, even more so than when he graduated from architect school all those years back. The novelist poured some more wine to his glass. The two best friends ordered a bottle of Merlot to share between them, with various selections of cheese and French bread to nibble on. 
 
"What about you Kyu, are you happy now?" Changmin picked out a piece of Brie and bite into it. 
 
"How can you even ask me that?" Kyuhyun gave his friend a look, "of course I'm happy."
 
Changmin smiled. He reached for his own glass and sipped. "Thank you Kyu, for being such a good friend. I'm really happy that you're my friend," he said earnestly.
 
"Vice versa Min. Thank you for always being there for me as well."
 
The architect suddenly groaned, "god we are such a sap now aren't we?"
 
Kyuhyun laughed lightly. "Maybe it comes from being in a relationship," he jokingly replied. "You know what we should do? We should let Siwon meet Junsu and all four of us can eat dinner together or something."
 
"That's a great idea! I'll let you know when." Changmin raised his glass and proposed a toast. "To our happy couple life. May we stay in relationship with the two men we love from now on to eternity."
 
Kyuhyun smiled and his glass met Changmin in a slight clink. "From now on to eternity."
 
If somebody had walked up to them three months ago and said that their lives will took an upside down and that  they will be in a relationship, Changmin and Kyuhyun would have laughed their assess off. But now look at them three months later because they had just did that: finding a partner with all those couple drama. And look how happy they were.
 
The drama was so worth it.
 
 
-End Chapter 10-
 
Author's Note: One more chapter to go and an epilogue! After that please be prepared for MinSu fic floods from me xD my MinSu muse just won't shut up lol
 

Disclaimer: the marine facts in this chapter is from this link below.

http://www.savethesea.org/STS%20ocean_facts.htm