~The fourth memory where Hangeng loses Skye in the shopping centre~

Reminiscences

Hangeng woke Skye up early in the morning to eat breakfast as they were all going to go shopping.

Go away, Geng! Skye shooed him off but Hangeng kept on pestering her by pulling her bra strap and pinging it. Geng, get lost!

Wake up you! And why are you sleeping in the living room? Why not in your old room with Mei? he asked her.

I dont want to wake up and I dont want to share a room with that ! Skye hissed.

What did she do to you? Tell me! Hangeng pulled her up but she flopped back in her pillows lazily.

Its non of your bees wax! Skye snapped.

Fine, whatever! GET UP! he bellowed, pulling her by the ankles and dragging her around the room of the living room. Skye screamed for him to stop pulling her across the hard scratchy ground but he didnt stop. He only stopped when he heard their mum coming down the stairs.

Skye, what are you doing on the floor? Their mum asked.

Oh, she was cleaning the floor for you and uncle. Hangeng grinned, Look at the floor, shiny!

Ill give you shiny! Skye yelled and ran after him in the house. They didnt stop chasing each other until their mum told them off for waking up their uncle upstairs. Mei came down the stairs and smirked at Skye.

Nice back, did you wash the floor on your back? she cackled.

Shut up, Mei! Skye glared at her as she hit the showers. They all got ready quickly and after an hour, they were at the shopping centre with Mei and their step auntie. Skye crossed her arms at the back while Hangeng walked on, ignoring his ignorant, stubborn little sister.

Gaish I miss this place. Hangeng sighed.

Its the same thing back in Korea! Its just the fact that everything is written in Chinese and not Hangul. Gaish, Geng! Skye rolled her eyes at him. They all hurried inside this cute store which sold random stationeries, cute stamps, bears, pens and pencils with those cute rubbers at the top, post stick notes etc. Skye wandered off to where the cute stamps were and the crazy hair bands with cute anime animals while Hangeng went to the CD section and the DVDs that were anime shows. Skye saw Mei coming towards the section she was going to, so she dropped the stamps she was looking at and walked out of the shop to search for her mum and step auntie who went to the food store. She didnt bother calling Hangeng so she just wandered off without him knowing. While she walked off, Hangeng looked around the shop, already getting bored.

Skye, lets go! Hangeng yelled but Skye didnt come groaning or stomping over to him. Instead it was Mei. Hey, did you see Skye go somewhere?

Last time I saw her she was by the stamps things. Mei shrugged, winked at Hangeng and left the shop herself, flicking her phone open to check her messages.

Skye, where did you go now?! Hangeng hissed under his breath, I dont want to lose you in a mall or market again like last time!

Hangeng, take care of your sister for me? I just need to get some of those vegetable from that stall. Hangeng mum told him as she went to the green store, leaving him with trouble maker little Skye. Skye looked up at him with big eyes and grinned cheekily.

What ever you are thinking, dont. Hangeng warned her carefully. Skye skipped along his side, holding his hand as the walked around the busy market, looking at goods and foods. Hangeng stopped to look at some sweets at an open stall sweet shop, letting go of Skyes hand to get his pocket money out.

Gege, I want to go to the fish place! Skye tugged on his shorts.

Wait Skye, let me pay for this quickly. Hangeng said, not looking at his sister as he counted his money. Skye crossed her arms and went off by herself, pushing past people forcefully even though she only came to either by their knees or waist. Hangeng let got his bag of sweets.

Skye, do you want a pink lollipop? Hangeng asked and looked down but Skye wasnt by his side again.

Skye? Hangeng called out, looking past people and weaving through stalls, searching high and low for his devil of a sister. Skye?!?!?!?! he shouted more urgently. He began to break to a run, looking wildly for Skye. Skye?!?!? Where are you?!?! Hangeng saw his mum coming towards a stall near him and he sprinted away as quick as he can, still searching for his sister.

Damn it! Skye! Hangeng cried, nearly in tears. Where could had his sister been to?? He was getting worried sick as he ran around every stall and even an out of the market place to search outside. Gege, I want to go to the fish place! he remembered her saying it last to him. He hit himself mentally and jogged to the fish market place. He let out a big sigh as he saw Skye looking at a tank full of squid and some small fishes for people to take home and eat. Her face was squished against the glass, in awe.

Skye. Hangeng called. Skye looked at him and waved hysterically.

Gege, did you see that?! Did you see that?! That squid squirted ink! she jumped up and down but Hangeng held her close to him.

Dont you ever run off like that, Skye! he told her off, You got be worried sick! I thought you had been kidnapped! Skye looked at her brother who was actually crying. Her own eyes stung and she began to cry and sniff loudly.

Im sorry Hangeng. I didnt mean to worry you…” she sniffed, I just wanted to look at the fish…”

Next time can you wait for me? Hangeng asked her, Thats all I ask…” Skye nodded and smiled. She began pointing at the fisherman who picked up a salmon.

Skye close your eyes- but it was too late. Skye saw the fisherman cut the fishs head off and blood spurted out. Skye gasped and then started wailing.

Oh no~ Hangeng shook his head and carried her in his skinny arms, Its okay, Skye Heres a little banana jelly…” he handed her a small banana jelly and took her back to the main market to search for their mum.

Hangeng stopped in his tracks to see Skye looking through some clothes on the sale rack.

Skye! Hangeng called. Skye looked back and waved gloomily at him. He ran up to her and gave her a small hug before taking a big step back.

Dont wander off like that! Hangeng told her off.

WELL SORRY! Skye shouted.