~The first memory of when Skye cut the bike breaks~

Reminiscences

Mummy, can we go around the place?? Skye asked her mum when they got out of the taxi and stood at the front of their old house which was now owned by their uncle.

As long as you have Hangeng with you. her mum said.

What?! Why do I always have to have Hangeng with me?! Skye screeched.

Yeah~ Why do I always have to be with her?! Hangeng agreed.

Skye is your responsibility Hangeng you know. Shes your baby sister. their mum said sternly. Skye quickly threw her bags in her old room which she is now sharing with her cousin and tried to escape the house without Hangeng.

Hold up, young lady. her mum stopped her. Hangeng! Get out here and go around with your sister.

But mum!! Hangeng wailed.

Now! Hangeng came out looking quite unhappy and walked off down the narrow porch and followed Skye in a mood. Skye however was just pretending that he wasnt with her. They walked down the path of their old street, remembering quite a lot of memories they shared together. Their childhood memories. After all they did grow up in China.

Look Hangeng! Theres the skid mark you made when you fell off my bike! Skye exclaimed pointing at a fading skid mark imprinted on the pavement just near a bent pole. Hangeng pretended to not care and tried to let his mind wander off but he couldnt as he remembered that skid mark. Its a painful memory that taught him to never teach Skye anything again. Especially if it involved wheels.

Gege, please teach me how to ride a bike without my training wheels?? Skye begged him, nearly going on her knees.

But dad can teach you when he comes home! Hangeng told her. Skye did her puppy eyes and Hangeng quickly gave in and took the small bike that belonged to Skye. It was pink and had those little frilly tinsel at the handlebars. If his friends saw him riding a girls bike they would take the crap out of him so he tried to do it quickly.

Okay, what you have to do is try to find your centre balance-

Show me Gege! Dont tell me! Skye moaned, hitting her brother softly on the head, I only like it if you sing not speak!!

Stop being cheeky, you! Hangeng told her off. He sat on the small PINK seat and pushed the pedals until he was off forwards down the pavement.

Go Gege!! Skye cheered him, giggling. Hangeng rolled his eyes.

See what I mean by finding your centre balance now Skye? he asked, taking his eyes off in front of him quickly.

Gege! Watch out! Brakes!! Skye suddenly screamed. Hangeng averted his eyes again in front of him and saw the bike losing control and heading straight for the pole. He clutched the brakes but it didnt work. Before he knew it, he was on the floor, his knee scraped and Skyes bike broken and bent at the amount of force it hit the pole.

Ow~ Hangeng cried, clutching his bleeding knee. Skye ran to her brother as quick as he can and crouched down by his knee.

Gege, you alright?? Skye hugged him around the neck, choking him.

Urr~ Get off you smell of baby wipes! Hangeng tried to laugh but he couldnt as his knee was hurting so bad.

Come on! Skye said pulling him up and trying to take him back home by supporting him.

Although she only came up to his waist in that memory, Hangeng remembered how Skye, with all her strength took him home quickly so he can be treated. She used to be so small and weak as she was only a toddler back then and she gathered up all her might and supported his weight home.

Hmm I now remember why the brakes werent working. Skye murmured to herself, I cut the brake wires off…” Hangengs eyes widened.

You only just remembered that now?! Hangeng screeched, Whats the matter with you? And why would you do a sort of thing?

I was experimenting…” Skye pouted, Be thankful that I took you home and nursed your cut back then, Geng! Hangeng crossed his arms at her as they carried on walking down the street, passing the skid mark as quick as they can.