Or big-scale cuddling.

Of Dragons, Pandas, and Insanity.

Krisho + kids, 756 words. ((hEHE SQUISHY CUDDLES EVERYWHERE I LOVE IT))

Suho rounds the corner into the kitchen, gaudy old knitted sweater chafing his skin gently, hundreds of washings making it just a little less scratchy around the neck collar and fading the obnoxious greens against reds he’s wearing even though Christmas is just about two months away. He’s on a hunt. A hunt he’s done many times, because the kids never stay in one place for more than ten minutes unless they have to, and they usually don’t.

 

His (Kris’s) loose jeans hang low on his hips and nearly trip him by the thick fabric bunching up around his ankles as he closes the refrigerator door, feeling cool air worm past loose stitches into his sweater. He frowns. They aren’t in the kitchen, and they weren’t in the playroom either, nor the bathrooms or the master bedroom, huddled like penguins against the cold in a tight pile.

 

Oversized sleeves flap off the edge of his hands like nunchucks and he makes a mental note to slap Kris when he finds the kids, because Kris was supposed to be looking after them while Suho had his nap.

 

Suho exits the kitchen and enters the living room, deep in thought. He last saw them, including Kris, in one of the rooms, all snugly tangled together on the bed with blankets piled up in a nest around them. But now, the rooms are empty, beds neatly made and cold to the touch.

 

Suho briefly scans the armchairs around the room, just briefly, because if the kids were there he would definitely have noticed and there’s not much point in looking for something that isn’t there in the first place.

 

Then mid-sweep, a tuft of blond, peeking over the very top of the sofa. Suho recoils in surprise with a tinge of annoyance. Kris was supposed to be taking care of the children, not lazing in the chair like some sort of king.

 

Suho strides over and tugs the tiny blond ponytail that sticks up like some sort of plant out of the top of Kris’s head. He’s wearing that gigantic sweater they used mainly to swaddle the kids when they were babies and has a thick blanket casually draped around his person. Strange. Suho remembers distinctly that that jacket was stuffed into the closet, along with the other baby stuff.

 

“Where are the kids?” Suho pulls the hair band off Kris’s ponytail and calmly separates a part of his hair into three other parts, twisting the golden strands together to braid it.

 

Kris gently shushes in reply, his eyes closed and arms folded over his tummy. He must have stuffed a pillow or something under the blanket, because it bulges weirdly in no ways normal cloth should.

 

“Did you just shush me.” Suho gasps, offended. “You just shushed me. Wow you .” Suho slaps Kris’s cheek with one dangling sleeve. “By the way, where are the kids?”

 

Kris yawns in that sleepy way of his that tells Suho he’s half-asleep and throws the blanket off, fumbling for the hem of the jacket while trying not to make any other movements that require bodily functions. He makes little puppy noises at the exertion and Suho decides to make Kris’s life even harder by refusing to let go of the small braid at the crown of his head.

 

“Ehehe.”

 

Kris whines and eventually manages to slowly grab hold of the hem and lethargically pulls the front of the sweater over his chest, exposing a tight bundle of ten children that cling to every inch of his warm torso, stretching the pullover to impossible sizes.

 

Suho blinks in confusion as Baekhyun, at the very top of the pile, meows and curls up into a tighter ball of squishy fats while shivering exaggeratingly. Chanyeol underneath whines in protest and that sparks off a chain reaction of plaintive, doleful cries about how cold it suddenly is and how it’s the end of the world, Christmas, etc.

 

Kris wraps the jacket over the children and cracks open an eye to peek up at Suho.

 

“Hey, everything’s good, ‘kay? I’ve got everything so just go...back...to...slee...” He rasps in his barely-awake voice before lapsing into silence once again. His head lops gently to the side, cheek squished against his own shoulder, and Suho takes a few seconds to just look at him, just to look, before he clambers beside him and the kids. He pulls the large quilt over himself too and nuzzles into Kris’s side while one hand rests on presumably Lay’s soft head.

 

Then, he falls asleep.

************

holy i was halfway done with this and didn't think about how 10 kids could fit under one sweater pls forgive

hAHA GUYS I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MAn my holidays just started and I've started watching hannibal and supernatural and snk and well basically ignored everything else so yES but I will start aggressively writing again do not despair my loves

Thank you to PrimadonnaLOVE, evil-maknae-kyu, choco-pika, SHINee2MinJongKey19, Lyliian98, thespringmaid, VanillaLaLa, Avidcookiemonstar, KpopEscape, Yunjae4eternity, te-ahmelody, QReina7, greadytreeeeee, darkgreyclouds, MsYeollie, tearHEREband, hyongg, bEtTeRtOgEtHeR, WuYiFine, Dindinimin13, Deliriouscullen, mylifeisonaloop, MyDeerLikesBacon, SaiPartyHard, XTrueBangsterX, monsterbingle, and Girl_Got_Swag for upvoting!

I hope you all have a great life somewhere in the world new life is being born the birds are chirping the sun is shining be happy yo

((i may have watched too many kitty videos but hey who could say no to that))