Surprise?

Happy Birthday

 

H I M C H A N + Y O N G G U K + Y O U

 

You stared at the laptop screen that showed six blonde boys posing. You smiled at them and one always caught your eyes. “Yongguk looks great!” You complimented. The boy behind you frowned.

“What about me?” He pouted cutely. You rolled your eyes and gave a thumbs down. “Yah!” He shouted with a high tone. You laughed and stood up from the chair.

“Himchan, all of you look great, okay?” You crossed your arm. Himchan had his usual smile on his face and pointed at himself. “But I look the best, right?”

You decided to ignore his self-compliment and grabbed your phone. “I gotta go. I’ll see you  soon, Himchan” You walked away and started texting. Himchan took your wrist and turned you around.

“Don’t ignore me!”

You stuck your tongue out and shaked your hand, telling him to let it go. “I’m not. I’ve replied you just now” You said, stating the truth. “Don’t be such a kid” You continued, managed to escape his grip.

“I’m not a kid!” He stomped his feet, like what other kids do. You raised your eyebrow.

“There you go again”

You went out immediately and closed the front door.

“Yah! Where’s my goodbye!?” Himchan screamed. But of course, you couldn’t hear. “And she’s my best friend” He muttered and went back to his room.

 

You put on your headphone and kept looking at your phone. Apparently, Himchan texted you the moment he entered his room.

 

Don’t ignore me~ T_T

You laughed at his childish personality and replied back.

How many times do I need to tell you that I’m not ignoring you!

Few seconds later, Himchan answered back.

But you forgot to say goodbye to me!

You sighed annoyingly.

Good-

 

You bumped into someone and your phone dropped. You slowly took off your headphone and bent down to take your phone. “Sorry” You said, as you were the one that bumped the person.

“It’s okay” The deep voice was familiar to you.

You looked up, and started panicking.

“Oh Yongguk! I-I’m really sorry” You bowed repeatingly. He chuckled at your action and stopped you.

“I said it’s okay” Yongguk showed his gummy smile. You blushed and nodded. “Where’s Himchan?” he asked. “His house. I was texting him but I bumped into you” You said, still embarrassed.

He gave an understanding reaction and grabbed your hand.

“W-What?” You shot a surprised look.

“Just come with me” His voice became serious.

 

“So, what are we doing here?” You scanned the colourful design of the café. Yongguk took a sip of his drink and took out a note from his pocket.

“Read this”

You are invited to Bang Yongguk’s birthday party.

Your eyes blinked many times and handed the note back. “Here” Yongguk let out a soft laugh and push your hand. “It’s for you”

“Me?” You asked, a little puzzled. He nodded as a yes. You didn’t know him that well, so why is he invited you all of the sudden? Before you could even ask, Yongguk drank the last sip of the drink and stood up. “You better come, or else I’ll need to find other way to grab your heart” He then left you sitting alone.

“Grab my heart?” You gasped.

You pinched yourself, wondering if it was a dream. But no, it was real. The Bang Yongguk just asked you to go to his party. You could feel your body feeling the excitement and your mind headed to your childish best friend.

“I need to tell him about this!” You squealed. Hopping to Himchan’s house, you spotted a little boy, trying to take his ball that had fallen into the water. You quickly went there and tapped his shoulder. “Let me help you” You gave a warm smile and slowly using both of legs to save the ball. With your patience, you successfully let go of the ball to the dry ground. The little boy cheered and gave you a hug.

“What’s your name, noona?” Obvious that you were older than him. “Lee ---” You answered. “And you?”

“My real name is Junhong but you can call me Zelo” He introduced and turned around slightly. “My friends are waiting for me and the ball, I’ll see you around, noona!” He waved goodbye and you waved back. Memories of you and Himchan started appearing, your first time you met Himchan was like how you met Zelo.

“Ah Himchan” Remembered that you wanted to go to his house.

 

“Kim Himchan!” You knocked his door loudly. The door opened, revealing a hyper Himchan. He had his creepy smile and was jumping up and down seeing you. You shivered at his smile and pushed him away. “Wipe off that smile. This is why you don’t have any girlfriends” You said, sitting on his couch. He narrowed his eyes to you and deeply sighed.

His smile faded and sat beside you. “What’s up?” He asked, staring at you. Before you could answer, Himchan’s smile appeared again. “You miss me, right?” He wiggled his eyebrows. You gave a disgusting face and a boring no. “I met Yongguk!” Your voice went excited. With your mind full of Yongguk, Himchan’s reaction was nothing, but with a little twitched. “He asked me to go to his birthday party! Plus he said I better come. Or…” You stopped your sentence. The boy infront of you showed no interest at all.

“Is something wrong?” You asked worriedly. Himchan shook his head and tell you to go on. You hesitated, but you knew Himchan always show no interest whenever you talk about boys especially when you never talk any good things about him. He was just your best friend, he would understand.

“Yah” he nudged you.

“O-Oh” You continued on telling about Yongguk wants to ‘grab your heart’ and Himchan’s eyes looked like it was going to pop out. He dazed out for a moment until you finally finish your talk.

“Himchan, seriously, are you okay?” You can still see a weird aura presence around him. He nodded and gave a reassure smile. “Wait here” He stood up and went to his room. Few minutes later, he was with a brown box. “I guess this is a right time”

Pictures of you were in it, lots of it. You tilted your head, what was this? Himchan smiled looking at your dorky face on one of the pictures and again, more pictures were revealed.

“W-What’s this?”

“Yongguk did this” He answered. But you were pretty sure you saw Himchan didn’t really want admit it. “Bang Yongguk?” You asked again, making sure. He looked at you and bit his lips. “Yeah” that word only came out from his mouth.

“You’re lying, right?” You softly chuckled and pushed him lightly. Himchan gave no expression, and shook his head. Childish Himchan is not here, you thought sadly. “He really likes you, ---” He said.

“You guys will make a great couple, I mean,” Himchan scratched his neck and looked away from you.

“He likes you, you like him. Ta-da, a couple” He continued, his tone became louder. Even angrier. “Himchan-”

“He’ll really care for you and you’ll definitely love him so much”

“You should go to his party” He ended his comments. You looked down, Himchan was so different. He used to be that overprotective guy, that wouldn’t allow you to go anywhere with guys, except him. “I think it’s time for you to go find a boyfriend” He interrupted your thoughts.

 

“But what about you?” A little concerned.

“I’ll be fine. I can find someone to hang out with” He shrugged. His hand placed above yours, rubbing it softly. He stayed quiet and stared at you, smiling weakly.

I’m letting you go” He whispered silently.

 

The wind brushed your skin and you fixed your bangs before going into the house. “So you came?” His deep voice sounded into your ear and he let you in. You walked towards a few steps and looked around the living room, drunk men, girls were talking loudly, a lot of can of beers were lying on the floor and you could see Yongguk was about to get wasted. “I’ve been waiting for you”

His arm slide to your waist and held you tight. Panicking, you tried you escape, you weren’t used to this kind of situation. “Y-ongguk-”

He put his finger between your lips and smirked. “Let’s have fun” He pulled you to the nearby couch and both faces were really close. His husky voice rang with a ‘shh’ and his lips. Your eyes met his intensely and he was about to kiss you but was being pulled away harshly.

“What the hell, Kim Himchan!” Yongguk shouted angrily and punched his friend’s face that came suddenly. Both men fought back and kicked each other, no one seems to care but you did. Himchan’s eyes were red, almost popping out. Blood flow out of Yongguk’s mouth and wiped it with his sleeve. “You’re so dead” He charged Himchan, with his tough fist but you step in between both of them quickly. “Please stop!”

You cried, biting your lips. You couldn’t bear to watch the fight and all that was just because of… you.

“Step away, ---” Himchan warned. You looked at him, he was so fed up. “What’s wrong with you?” You voice weaken, tears fell. Himchan turned speechless, and deeply sighed. “I was just…”

“Stop it, Himchan. She likes me” Yongguk smirked and took your hand.

“I knew you like her too but oh well,” He continued, holding your hand tightly. Your mouth was open slightly, Himchan likes me? You thought.

Himchan looked away and sighed.

“Sorry” He mumbled and disappeared out of the door.

 

Few seconds later, Yongguk smiled at you and carried you on his arm. “Shall we continue?” He suggested. You didn’t really want to do this, you had always imagined a man with a lovely and kind heart to be with you. That care about you and love you the fullest but Yongguk, you barely know him.

“No, Yongguk. I don’t think we should” You struggled to escape. “I don’t know you that much” You spoke. He gave a sad face and let you down. “But we could try to know each other” His shy personality came out, and coughed. You smiled and put your hand on his shoulder.

“We could, and should. But I need to deal with some things now” You apologized, and Yongguk knew exactly what you meant. “He needs you now, I know. I’m such jerk to say out-” You held his arm. “It’s okay, Yongguk. You’re a great guy” You peck on his cheek shyly. “I’ll see you soon” and you went out quickly.

 

Your legs became wobbly and patting heavily. “Where are you?” You mumbled, and began to run again. He wasn’t even at his home or any other usual places he would go to.

A kid’s voice called your name that sounded familiar to you. “Zelo?” You walked to the cheerful boy waving at you. “Noona, what are you doing here?”

You raised your eyebrow. “You little kid, I’m suppose to ask you that” You ruffled his puffy hair as he giggled. “I was told to bring you, noona” He replied. You were confused. “What do you mean, Zelo?”

He held out his hand, asking you to hold him as he led you to somewhere.

“Zelo-”

“Shh, we’re almost here”

You scanned around the area, it was so quiet and chilly. “This is scary, Zelo. If you’re suddenly leave me and I get killed, I’ll be looking for you first” You threatened him.

“You silly noona, I wouldn’t do that”

“Right” You rolled your eyes. Zelo stopped and turned around. “I seriously won’t” he let go off your hand. “Because”

Your sight become darker and black. “Z-Zelo?”

Am I dead? Your mind spoke. “Can’t be…” The darkness was slowly turn lighter and lighter. The song happy birthday came up and a loud cheer ended the song. And there, you saw the childish best friend of yours appear right infront of you, smiling widely. “Happy Birthday” He said cutely. Processing everything back, you finally figure it out.

“What’s wrong with your brain?” You snapped at him. He shrugged. “Be happy, look around you”

You turned left, seeing Yongguk showing his gummy smile. “Yongguk?” He nodded. You were in the café that you met with Yongguk. Everyone were there, your friends, even your family. “It was just an act?” You asked, anger filled in your body.

Himchan and Yongguk gave a hi-five to each other, and Yongguk saw your reaction first and pushed Himchan forward. “Y-Yah, don’t kill me” Your eyes was burning with fire. “I’m going to get you”

“W-Wait up, you forgot your birthday, didn’t you?” Himchan said, making you let go of the thought. “So you did” He shook his head. “I did not!” You pouted. Himchan shook his head again and again until you pinched his arm. “Ouch!”

You shot your tongue out. “I don’t care”

“This cute couple” Zelo suddenly said. Both of you stared at each other and blushed. “Ehem, I do like you, and that was not a lie”  Yongguk stated. Everyone in the café made a cheer while Himchan growled.

“Love triangle!” a man shouted happily. You smacked your head. “So!”

They looked at you. You grinned and continued. “Where’s my present?”

Himchan smirked and went closer to you. “Close your eyes” You obeyed his commands and close your eyes.

“This is from me” his voice become closer and kissed your cheek. Before you could open up, Yongguk’s voice was near you. “And this is mine” He kissed your forehead.

“I’ll give her a hug!” Zelo pushed the two older guys and hugged you. You slightly taken back and blushed. “You idiots, not infront of my family” You groaned.

“You liked it anyway”

You did, to be honest. Zelo blinked his eyes cutely. “Did you see the pictures of you that I took?”

“The pictures were from you?”

“Yes, did you like it?”

You glared at Himchan. He hid behind Yongguk. “It was the only way to fall for the trick”

“Stop glaring and enjoy your day”

“Plus,”

“You’re gonna have to decide who to choose after this” Both of them winked.

“Oh god” You left them, standing there acting like weirdos.

 

-----------------------------------------------

Second oneshot! Hope you guys like it! 

Working on the third one soon! Comment and Subscribe!

;; ISWMM