It was always been you.

Happy Birthday

D A E H Y U N + Y O U

Please enjoy! 

-

 

You were waiting for him, still. It was already half past  9PM and 3 more hours, your birthday would end.

“Maybe he forgot,” you thought, warming yourself up. Winter was near, and the weather had gotten colder each day. You sighed and started walking away from the amusement park.

“He could have called me or something” you mumbled, kicking some pebbles on the floor.

“Or he could just say that he can’t make it”

“Or he can dump me before my birthday”

You wiped my tears that were falling and sigh again. “He didn’t love me at all”

“Damn you, -"

 

“---!”

You recognized the voice and turned around. “Daehyun? What are you doing here?” you asked with your voice that cracked after crying.

He had a worry face and walked towards me. “I saw you were standing alone just now, but I couldn’t manage to go to you since it’s my little sister’s birthday and she had to pull me around to play” he explained, scratching his neck awkwardly and smiled.

Your heart ached. “Birthday” you muttered and looked away.

Daehyun stared and hugged you immediately. “Happy Birthday” his voice rang sweetly into your ears. You pulled away after awhile.

“You know?”

He nodded and frowned suddenly. “Himchan didn’t come?”

Kim Himchan.

You shaked your head. “I’m alright, I was just about to go home anyway” You gave a faked smile. Daehyun looked concern.

“Are you sure?”

You gave a quick nod and greeted goodbye. You turned around quickly, flashing back all your thoughts. Himchan was a jerk and how you wished that Himchan was like Daehyun. Sweet, caring, sincere and –

“---, why don’t we…” Daehyun called out.

You looked at him, confused.

“Why don’t we go celebrate your birthday with my little sister? We still have 2 hours left” he suggested. You smiled at his suggestion. Atleast a little celebration, you thought happily. “Sure”

 

“Oppa, who’s that?” a 7 year old girl asked. Daehyun patted her head and introduced you. “This is ---, my schoolmate”

The girl smiled widely and took my hand, swinging it. “I’m Daehee, oppa’s little sister” You nodded and smiled. “It’s her birthday too” Daehyun stated, pointing at you. Daehee’s face lit up and hugged you. “Happy birthday, unnie!”

You squatted down, looking straight at her face. “Thank you” you answered, holding her hand.

Daehee giggled and grabbed Daehyun’s hand with her other hand. “Oppa!”

Daehyun looked at her. “hmm?”

“--- unnie reminds me of your crush at school. Is it – “ Your eyes widened. Daehyun quickly cover and laughed loudly.

“Should we go now?” He asked suddenly, avoiding the awkwardness.

 

D A E H Y U N 'S POV

“Oppa! Let’s ride the rollercoaster again!” Daehee pulled my sleeve. I was already dizzy and had given up. She pouted and pulled me again. “I’m sorry, Daehee” I said, holding in my sickness.

 

I heard --- chuckled and took Daehee’s hand. “Unnie will accompany you. Let your oppa rest for awhile, alright?” Daehee nodded eagerly and began to run towards the rollercoaster with ---.

Daehee stopped her track and turned around, looking at me. “You better don’t look at other girls! You don’t want --- unnie to stay away from you after this!” She shouted, putting her hands on her hips.

My face turned red and looked at --- that was staring at me. I slightly nodded.

“I won’t, promise”

 

 

Your POV

“Unnie, what do you think about oppa?” Daehee asked as both of you were waiting in the line.

“Daehyun?”

She nodded excitingly. You thought for it for awhile and answered. “He’s okay”

She pouted cutely. “That’s all?”

Why was this 7 year old girl asking you these kind of question?

“Don’t you like him…” she made measurement of tiny with her fingers. “Tiny bit?” she asked. You both entered the rollercoaster and settled down.

“Get ready, Daehee” you exclaimed. She stared at you. “Unnie, don’t change the topic!” You chuckled and the ride started.

Few hours had passed and your birthday was about to end. Daehee had fallen asleep on Daehyun’s back. “It’s almost the end” he whispered quietly. You nodded sadly, still wasn’t satisfied that Himchan didn’t call or text. “Still thinking about Himchan?” he asked as if he had your mind.

You smiled sadly and continue to walk. “Kinda”

He let out a deep sigh and laid Daehee on the bench nearby. He grabbed your wrist and spoke. “---, I know this is a bad timing but,” he froze for a few seconds and shaked his hand. “I… I…” he stuttered.

You stood there, didn’t know what to do.

“I like you” he confessed.

You saw him blushed and looked down. You giggled at his confession. Daehyun raised his eyebrpw and sighed.

“I’m sorry” he apologized. “I guess you still like Himchan”

Were you? After all the up and down with Himchan. You had always thought he would change to someone better, But he didn’t. With you that confessed to Kim Himchan and him agreeing only was something abit off. You were too busy looking at him when actually your heart was beating faster for someone that was close. You knew it was always been that one guy, Jung Daehyun.

 

“Nice to meet you! I’m Jung Daehyun” You looked at the sparkling eyes of the blonde boy infront of you.

You smiled and shaked his hand. “Kim ---“

 

“Let me help you with that” Daehyun took the exercise books from you. “You should go back to your boyfriend. He probably be looking for you” he gave a warm smile and proceed to the office. You stared at his back before running towards the cafeteria where Himchan was.

 

“It’s alright. I don’t think he would leave a beautiful girl standing alone” Daehyun commented. You blushed and his had a serious face.  “S-Stop it, I’m not-“

“You are” He stood up and pointed to the opposite direction. “Here comes your man” he said, leaving you speechless.

 

Daehyun glanced at you, with a sad face. “Something’s wrong?” you asked. “Nothing” He kept looking at me and left the classroom.

 You were curious but you decided to ignore it.  You had to look for Himchan anyway, where could he be?

 

“I love you” Daehyun kneeled infront of you. Your heart beat was getting faster. He took your hand kissed it lightly. And there you realized his face was flawless and with his personality, he was perfect.

“I-”

“That was good!”  The teacher stopped you busy mind and clapped his hand. Finally, he asked us to sit back.

It was just an act. You sighed.

 

“No” You said.

“No?”

You tiptoed and kissed his cheek. “I like you too”

Daehyun didn’t move and blinked. “You what?”

“I like -”

Daehyun pulled you and both lips crash together. His lips was soft and it was the sweetest kiss you had. He gently hugged you and smiled.

“Happy birthday” He greeted one last time as the clock strikes midnight. 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olkay, this is how I imagined Daehyun would be like. I don't know why, but Daehyun was the person that I wanted to write about eventhough he's not bias. Anyway, please subscribe this and comment! I really need your opinion and suggestion for the next oneshot.

I've already started with one of the members so yeah. Guess who? ;)