Eatery

first date

I'm just back to update and arrange the story~

I'll update the next chapter soon! :)


chapter one - Eatery

 

I choose to work at the loan desk ever since he starts studying in the private study room as I can take a close view at him.

I don’t know why I’ll fall for him, because I don’t even know him. I don’t think he’s extremely good looking to be honest, but I know that he is one of the kinds. He’s unique and that’s all I like about him.

“Chaerin, stop looking at him alright. He’ll never know your name or who you are.” I hear Ka Eun repeating that. I swear this is the 100th time Ka Eun repeat this sentence in my ear. I really feel like slapping her in the face. But, I never will. She’s my best friend.

“Ka Eun shii-, you know you can loan this books. There’s nothing you should be worry about me. Hehehe.” I fake a smile, but deep inside, I’m boiling.

“You should seriously stop daydreaming. Let’s go eat something and cheer you up.” She pulls me to a restaurant as soon as we finish our duty.

“I’m a happy chappy. You don’t have to worry about cheering me up. The best thing for cheering me up is that stop telling me that he’ll never know who I am, please?”

“But Chaerin, I’m just telling the truth.” Ka Eun is a straight girl. That’s one thing I really like about her. She always tells me the truth because she’s unlike others that don’t want me to put lots of hope on everything that will never happens.

“Alright, alright. Let’s go and eat something now. I’m hungry.”

I’m fifteen and yes, I have strict parents. They’re just like some other Asian parents that want me to study a lot and not get into a relationship. I did everything as they say until he appears in front of me, my eyes. People might think I’m referring him as a nerd just because he studies a lot, but no. He’s not extremely good looking, but he’s still good looking.

He’s eighteen and yes, I don’t think he will be interested in a girl that’s fifteen. He parties a lot too. I like partying too but no, I’m not able to go to the same occasion as where he goes for party and I really hate it, just because I’m not eighteen. Well, just let me have my dream going on.

“Omo, Chaerin! Your crush.” I heard KyuJong whispering. Kyujong has always been one of my primary best friends until now. He has always known that I have a crush on HyunJoong. He never like HyunJoong because he thinks HyunJoong is really nerdy but he gives me lots of hopes.

I looked through where Kyujong points and our eyes meet each other.

He’s walking here, he’s walking towards me, towards us. Does he want to be-friend us?

I eye him as I see him walking pass me, us maybe. I sigh.

“It’s alright Chaerin. You will know him one day, one day alright? Just be who you are. You don’t have to be sad everyday just because of him.” Kyujong pout.

“Anni, I’m not. See, I’m a happy chappy.” I smile back at KyuJong.

I hear him sigh this time. I don’t know why, but guess it’s probably because of me? I sigh again too.

I never know why Kyujong doesn’t want a girlfriend up until now. I mean he’s already seventeen and he’s so popular at school. But he just always rejects them and I feel bad maybe because I always stick around him. I have tell him lots of time that he doesn’t has to hang out with me and Ka Eun anymore but he still comes with us every recess.

“YAH, Hyung. Let’s go for a basketball game.” I see JungMin running towards us. Jungmin was Kyujong best basketball buddy. They have known each other since they’re three years old. I guess it’s just because their mum are really close friends and they’re neighbours.

“Oooohhh, Annyeong Chaerin. Annyeong, Ka Eun.” He greets us as he sees us.

“Annyeong Jungmin oppa.” We greet him back. “See you, Kyujong oppa!” I pat his back.

“Neh, bye!” He runs as Jungmin turns back. “Don’t forget to wait for us at the bus stop after school.” I show him an OK sign.

I don’t really like waiting for the bus with them to be honest, because they always play basketball for half an hour after school time and we have to wait for another 10 minutes for the next bus so they would run back and continue with the basketball and we’ll always end up catching the third bus. I always want to just rush home and go on and do my stuff. No, you won’t know what is it, it’s a secret. But Kyujong has been taking the bus with me and waits for me every during primary school time. I thought I should repay him, that’s how I start waiting for him now every after school during high school.

“Let’s go to the library Ka Eun.” I say as I stand up.

“Omo, why do you always go to the library?”

 

To be honest, I don’t know how to answer Ka Eun question. I mean who the hell would say “I go to the library because I want to see if HyunJoong oppa is there so that I can spy on him”. But it’s not about it, I just feel like library is a part of my house now ever since I always starts to enter the library. It gives me a warm feeling to be there.

“Come on, let’s just go.” I turn to smile at her and continue walking. “Hey there, wait up alright?” I could hear her running from the back.

“I thought I didn’t have to since you have long pretty legs and you’re the one who’s always guiding the front.” I tease, and she laughs.

I pick up a book and start reading it as soon as I enter the library. I could feel someone snatching the book of my hand.

“Ka Eun, return me my book.” I grin. Why does she have to disturb me when I’m reading? “Eh? I didn’t. What?” I could hear her yelling from across.

“Just walk over here and return me my book. Stop playing around.” I turn around. “Hyung Jun oppa?” What is he doing here at this moment and why does he wants to take my book away from me, I mean it’s up to the part where it gets really interesting.

“Accusing your friend eyy?” He laughs. I blush. How should I know he’s here?

“Why are you always reading in the library anyway? Get some fresh air outside.” Another one, just like Ka Eun, always asking me the same question. “Yea Chae Rin, let’s go get some fresh air out there.” I swear Ka Eun is always standing on Hyung Jun side whenever he teases me. It always feels like she’s trying to take revenge.

Hyung Jun is Ka Eun best boy-friend. They have known each other since really young, even maybe before I meet Ka Eun. I would describe them as a couple instead of best friends. This is because Hyung Jun will never tease me when he’s alone, same goes with Ka Eun. They’ll only tease me when they’re together.

“Why are you in the library?” I turn to ask him changing the topic. Ka Eun turns to look at him too.