Where Are You?

Where Are You?

            Luhan woke at ten o’clock from a relaxing sleep in his room. Lay was lying in the other bed beside him.

            “Lay?” he asked. “Are you awake yet?”

            “You’re the one who wakes up late,” Lay responded. “What are you doing up so early today?”

            “I’m going to visit Sehun. He said we could go out and have bubble tea together!” Luhan said excitedly. He got up and went to take a shower.

            After Luhan got cleaned and dressed, he said bye to Lay and left.

            He walked over to where Sehun and Suho sleep a short walk down the hall of their dorm. Bouncing with anticipation, he knocked on the door. Suho opened it.

            “Good morning, Luhan. Sehun told me about where you guys were going today.”

            “Is Sehun here?”

            “He went out to find you.”

            “He already got up? I didn’t see him.”

            “I don’t really know where he is right now. And he left his phone on his bed too.”

            “Oh, okay. I’ll go look for him.”

            Okay. I hope you find each other. See you later, Luhan!” Suho closed the door.

            Luhan knocked on the door to the room of Kai and D.O. to see if Sehun was in there. D.O. opened the door.

            “Hi Luhan! Why are you all dressed up?”

            “Is Sehun here?” Luhan looked past D.O.’s shoulder and saw Kai. “Why isn’t Kai wearing a shirt?”

            “He’s, uh, practicing his dancing to that new song. You know how he kind of likes to dance without a shirt on, right?”

            “No.”

            “Oh…well he does. And I like it too.”

            Luhan tilted his head and raised an eyebrow.

            “Not that way!” D.O. said, laughing nervously. “It’s just because I don’t have to worry about washing a sweaty shirt!”

            “Is Sehun here?”

            “No, he isn’t. I think he said he was going somewhere with someone special,” D.O. answered with a smile.

            “Okay. Thanks.” Luhan chuckled. The door closed.

            Luhan walked up to the room shared by Kris and Tao. Before he could knock on the door, he heard commotion and muttering coming from inside. He could barely make out most of the words, but he thought he heard ‘torn’ and ‘Gucci’ and ‘calm down’ and couldn’t make out who was saying what. He decided that Sehun wouldn’t be in there and moved on to the next room quietly.

            He knocked on the door to the room shared by Baekhyun and Chanyeol. When no one answered, he put his ear against the door. He knocked again louder. This time, the door swung open.

            “Do you have to knock so loud?” Chanyeol said, rubbing one hand on his forehead.

            “Sorry, Chanyeol. Do you know where Sehun is?”

            “Don’t make me think. I have a headache right now,” he responded in obvious pain. “Baekhyun! Ow, I hurt myself.”

            “Don’t strain yourself,” Luhan said. “Just get some rest and let me come in.”

            Chanyeol slowly walked to his bed, and Luhan walked in and closed the door behind him.

            “Sehun-ah! Are you in here?” he called out.

            “Luhan, please,” Chanyeol said, cupping his ears with his hands.

            “Sorry. Where’s—oh, right, don’t ask you questions.” Luhan could hear that there was someone in the shower.

            “I forgot. Baekhyun’s in the shower right now. He’s going to go get some medicine for me,” Chanyeol said, dropping onto his bed.

            “I guess Sehun isn’t here,” Luhan said, his face dropping.

            “Hey Luhan, while you’re here, could you get me a cup of water?”

            As Luhan brought him some water, a faint thud resonated through the door.

            “Did you hear something?” Luhan asked. Chanyeol groaned, drinking his water. “Oh, sorry. Do you—uh, I’ll just go now, unless you need anything else?”

            “No. Thanks, Luhan.”

            Luhan walked to the next room. Sehun-ah, where are you? he thought. He knocked on the door. Chen opened the door, with Xiumin just behind him.

            “Luhan?” Chen said. “Why are you here?”

            “Have you guys seen Sehun anywhere?”

            “No…is something wrong, Luhan?”

            “No, nothing’s wrong.”

            “Luhan,” Xiumin said. “What’s wrong?”

            “I can’t find Sehun anywhere. We were supposed to go somewhere today.”

            “Sorry, we don’t know where he is,” Chen answered.

            “Do you want some help?”

            “No, I’ll just go back to my room,” Luhan said glumly.

            “Are you sure?” Xiumin asked.

            “Yeah…” Luhan looked at the floor.

            “Luhan, we can help you.”

            “No.” Luhan turned away and started walking away.

            “But Luhan.”

            “No. I’ll just go back.”

            “Luhan…”

            “Sehun-ah…”

            Chen and Xiumin stepped silently out into the hallway in front of their room, watching Luhan as he left them. With tears welling up in his eyes, Luhan slumped slowly back to his room.

 

            When Luhan opened the door, Lay was lying on his bed. Luhan’s blankets were piled in an unusual stack.

            “Hey Luhan, look—what’s wrong, Luhan?”

            Luhan sniffled and stepped toward his bed.

            “I can’t find Sehun-ah anywhere,” he said, still looking at the floor. Tears began streaming down his cheeks.

            “Umm, maybe because he’s—”

            “I can’t find him anywhere.” Luhan put a glum hand on his blanket. “I’ll just go back to sleep and hope he’ll be in my dreams.”

            “Luhan…” Lay said quietly, almost tearing up at the sight.

            Luhan pulled up the blanket and was about to settle in. Sehun was lying under it with a gentle smile. Luhan gasped.

            “Sehun-ah?”

            “Luhan, where have you been?” he asked.

            “Sehun came in a few minutes ago,” Lay told him. “He was waiting for you, but he was wondering why it was taking so long for you to come, so he just decided to wait for you here.”

            “Don’t cry, Luhan. You’re going to make me cry too, and it’s only ten-thirty.”

            “Sehun-ah…”

            “Should I leave?” Lay asked. With a sudden jump, Luhan was on top of Sehun.

            “Sehun-ah!” Luhan cried with more tears rolling down his face. He hugged Sehun and buried his face in his neck. “Sehun-ah!”

            “Oh, hyung, did you really miss me this much?” Sehun kissed the top of Luhan’s head. Luhan raised his teary face and kissed Sehun’s cheeks several times.

            “Seriously, you two should really get your own room!” Lay exclaimed sarcastically, leaving and closing the door behind him.

            “Luhan, don’t cry anymore. I’m here.” He embraced Luhan more tightly and kissed him again. “Where are those tissues?”

            “Sehun-ah, I was looking everywhere for you!” Luhan bawled. “You were in my bed the whole time?” Tears streamed down his face faster.

            “No, I wasn’t here the whole time. I went outside in front of the dorm to get some air and wait for you.”

            “Why?” Luhan raised his head a little and looked into Sehun’s face with a crumpled face.

            “That’s where we agreed to meet, wasn’t it?”

            Luhan put his face back down and started whimpering loudly with strained breaths.

            “Hyung, don’t you know I’ll always come to your room looking for you when I don’t know where you are?” Sehun Luhan’s head and wet cheeks with gentle hands. “Just wait for me in your bed and I’ll come, okay?”

            “Waahhhh!” Luhan wailed into Sehun’s neck. Sehun jolted with surprise. He pulled Luhan up toward his face and gave him a long kiss on the cheek, all the while his hair and massaging his head with his fingers. He tried not to be bothered by the taste.

            “Luhan, why don’t you try going back to sleep like you said earlier? I’ll be in your dreams as well, just like I’ll always be here with you when you’re awake.”

            Luhan’s crying slowed to a calm whimper. Trying to soothe the hyung lying on him, Sehun quietly began singing What is Love. Luhan, whimpering growing softer, closed his eyes and eased into a peaceful sleep, with tears of love and bliss washing over his cheeks.

            “Seriously?” Lay whispered to himself, with an ear affixed to the door.