Kidnapped

Mating Seasons: Blood Transformation II

 

"Did you notice how gloomy Chansik oppa was during dinner?" Miyoung asked on the way home.

Chunji was driving instead of her. He had insisted since he knew how tired she was and thought it best for her not to strain herself. He glanced at her and reached to pat her hand. "Hey don't worry. Gongchan's a big guy, he can handle this."

Miyoung sighed and nodded. "I hope so. But it's been more than a week. He doesn't look like he's getting any better." she admitted.

It had been a week after the previous week's friday dinner and her strange encounter with Hoya. Gongchan looked positively down but it wasn't so much of the envious looks he sent Changjo and Kyungmi, it was more of the agony and pure desperation as he had given up entirely on love.

"I'm still worried regardless, Chanhee oppa." Miyoung sighed. "He's still my best friend and I hate to see him like this. I hope he can meet the girl of his dreams soon and he'll find his mate. It's not good for him to suffer alone."

"But you're in no position to help him, babe." Chunji reminded her. "He liked you once, you're still a sore spot in his life. Man, if only he didn't go around falling for the wrong girls."

Miyoung puffed her cheeks. "I honestly think the feelings he had for me weren't exactly love. He was just confused, I mean he had known me for so long and added to the fact that I was perhaps the first female wolf he knew of his age-"

"And not to mention most attractive." Chunji added.

Miyoung ignored him and continued. "-so perhaps he thought it was love when it wasn't. Maybe he fell for Kyungmi because she was the second place where he could find warmth after the hurt he got from me." Miyoung murmured. "Maybe it was just refuge or comfort he was seeking, not love. But still, I wish I could help him."

Chunji watched the way her face fell and sighed to himself. "Miyoung, he's got to fight this himself. It's a battle that we can't fight for him or aid him in anyway. So don't bother yourself with it because it's no use okay?" he turned into the carpark.

"I guess." Miyoung let a smile play at her lips, amused. "You're quite the counsellor aren't you, Chanhee oppa?"

"Well of course, who am I?" Chunji grinned and winked at her before reversing his car into the parking lot. He turned to look behind while his hands were at the steering wheel and Miyoung marveled at his magnificent side view and jawline.

"So how did your day go?" she asked, trying to change the topic from depressing grounds.

Chunji stopped the car, fitting the vehicle perfectly in the snug parking lot and turned off the engine. He looked at her in utter amusement. "Apart from wishing and wishing how my girlfriend would let us share an office since we're both leaders anyway?" he asked. "Well I spent a good bit of my day wishing you didn't lock your door while you worked so I could sneak into your office to kiss you senseless."

Miyoung pinked and she punched his arm lightly. "Lee Chanhee!" she grabbed her bag and got out of the car. Chunji let out a laugh and followed, locking the car behind him. He caught up with her and pulled her closer by the waist. "Come on, I'm just kidding. Or maybe, a little."

Miyoung sent him a look. Chunji grinned and pecked her cheek. "Well my day was okay. That mad lab scientist came today to ask for more funds for his project. Guess what he wanted to build? A machine to clean your after you pooped."

"What?" Miyoung burst into peals of laughter. "What did you say?"

"I can tell you how I'm proud of my persuasion skills right now." Chunji grinned as he led them to their apartment. "By the end of the visit, that mad guy was positively horrified at his idea and was about to dispose of it right away. But then again I'm sure he would come up with another more horrifying ideas to scare me." he smirked.

He looked at her. "How was yours then?"

Miyoung puffed her cheeks as she recalled her day. "Well it's fine, I managed to finish two proposals today and the previous one on another playground being built was approved today, and oh!" she turned to look at him. "I met Hoya again today."

Chunji's brows furrowed. "Hoya? Who's that?"

Miyoung pushed the door opened and went into their apartment. "You don't know who he is too?" she asked in surprise. "I knocked into him last friday and he introduced himself as Hoya. I saw him another two times there after, just briefly, and today I saw him again." she looked at him as he locked the front door. "I thought you would know him. I thought you knew all the wolves."

"Apparently not." Chunji shook his head. "Because I have no idea who this Hoya guy is. Isn't Hoya a type of flower?" he mused. He sauntered up to her and pulled her into his arms. "No need to dwell on him, I'm sure you just missed the poor guy for this long because a certain wolf outshone him in every aspect and you just can't tear your eyes away from him."

Miyoung tapped her chin, pretending to think. "Who? Chansik oppa?"

Chunji rolled his eyes and pulled her up by the nape of her neck. "Hmph, as if he's half as awesome as I am." he muttered as he claimed her lips. Miyoung melted into his embrace and couldn't help thinking...hmm yes, Gongchan wasn't half as awesome as he was. Definitely.

 

 

 

After a vigorous mouth exercise, Miyoung finally went to bathe with her lips swollen and her breaths coming out in rapid pants while Chunji waited till he got to use the bathroom.

He plopped himself on the couch and the television to watch the current drama, when he remembered what Miyoung had been talking about. "Hoya." Chunji frowned to himself. "Who is that?"

He switched the television off and grabbed his laptop from his bag, turning it on. Tapping his fingers impatiently while humming the same tune Miyoung was singing in the bathroom, he waited for his laptop to be ready for use.

When it was finally switched on, Chunji went to check the database of all wolves in their colony which only he and Miyoung had access to. As he waited for it to load, he silently cheered in his mind how he was the one to think of checking the database instead of his clever perfect girlfriend. "one point to Chunji!" he murmured.

He typed in "Hoya" and waited while the computer scanned the entire werewolf population.

"ERROR. NOT FOUND." blinked on the screen several seconds after.

Chunji frowned. "What?" he muttered in disbelief. "Did I get the name wrong? It was Hoya right? The flower." he frowned and tried to search again, with Yoha, Howa, Loya, and whatever stupid combination he could think of. But there just wasn't the person in the database.

"This is strange." Chunji tapped his chin. "Did any of the wolves miss registering with the ministry? But I thought they registered everyone since birth!" he twisted his lips in thought. "Unless that Hoya guy didn't tell Miyoung his real name. Or....he isn't a wolf?"

Horror filled Chunji's mind at once as he thought about the vampire attack the previous year. The fear and utter desperation was still raw and he could feel it happening right in front of his eyes. He shook his head. "You don't know anything yet, Chunji. This could just be a guy trying to show off to your girl, you know how attractive she is. Check up on this tomorrow." he reminded himself.

He was still mulling over the matter when Miyoung came out of the bathroom in her pink pyjamas and flushed expression from the heat. "Chanhee oppa, what's up?" she blinked at him in confusion. "You look bothered."

Chunji caught sight of those lips he had been tasting just earlier and all thoughts of Hoya disappeared out of the window. "Hmm yeah, hot and bothered because of you." he grinned as he pulled her down for a kiss.

 

_____________

 

Miyoung woke up in the middle of the night, her head heavy and groggy, to the strange clanking sound somewhere.

The sound kept going on and on, clank, clank clank. With every irritating clank, it felt as if her head was about to explode. She turned in Chunji's arms to find that he had slept peacefully and soundly through the noise and she envied his deep sleep.

Miyoung pulled Chunji's arm off her carefully and sat up, scratching her head. What was making that sound?

"CLANK!"

Miyoung whipped her head to the window at the latest noise and frowned. "Did someone just....throw a pebble at my window?" she murmured.

Miyoung wobbled over to the window just in time to see another pebble coming in contact with the glass just in front of her face. Despite the material in front of her, Miyoung flinched and stepped back. "What the.."

She eyed downstairs and saw a familiar sihlouette waving at her from the grass patch below. "What in the world, at 3am in the morning?" she groaned sleepily. Miyoung opened the window and saw Hoya smiling brightly up at her. "Hi Miyoung."

Miyoung could care less about how hot he looked right then, she wanted to strangle him for making her lose her sleep. "What are you doing?" she hissed, careful not to wake Chunji as well. If only she did.

"Need I remind you that it's three in the morning and this is private property?" she growled.

Hoya just smiled back. "Hey can you come down for a moment?" he asked. "Please? I have something to give you."

"At three in the morning?" Miyoung snapped, pissed because her sleep was disrupted. "Can you do this tomorrow?"

"No. I can't go in the sun." Hoya replied. Miyoung was too drowsy to even make sense of his words. "Come down, I promise it'll only take a while and you can have your pleasant rest."

Miyoung wagged her finger at him. "I'll hold you to it, stranger Hoya." she mumbled. She looked back at Chunji who was grabbing beside him for her and she stuffed her pillow in his arms. Chunji sighed contently, sniffing her familiar smell in the pillow and going back to sleep.

Miyoung covered him with the blanket before shuffling out of the house. She reached the lawn, her eyes barely open.

"Yah Hoya, what's this?" Miyoung yawned. "I'm not even that familiar with you so be thankful I'm coming down at three in the morn-hmmmfff!!!!"

Miyoung's senses immediately became alert at once when Hoya grabbed a sack and pulled it down her head. She gasped in shock and tried screaming, but the sack muffled her words.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, Miyoung. But it'll get better, I promise." Hoya pulled her along and Miyoung used all her strength to resist. Then she felt another three pairs of hands holding her down and knew that even if she transformed into a wolf, she'd have no chance escaping.

"Don't worry. Hoya oppa isn't going to hurt you." a gentle female voice said to her as they lifted her into a car of some sort.

Miyoung wanted to snort. *Isn't going to hurt me? Oh right, he's going to be ultra nice to me by kidnapping me.* she scoffed. It was then she finally took a large enough breath to realize who was in the car with her.

There had been to many scents of other wolves around the first time she met Hoya hence she hadn't known. Now in a car with four others, she knew.

They were vampires.

Miyoung fought the squeal of fright that bubbled up . She bit her lip fearfully as the car started and drove off. *I hope Chanhee oppa wakes up soon and realizes I'm missing. Please come after me.*