Chapter 2

6 Humans = 6 Changes (Sequel to 6 Genies = 6 Wishes) (Discontinued)

Something new means getting excited, and I know I'm already in my twenties but still. After receiving news about Yongguk and Himchan yesterday, I was quick to diss Myungsoo. He became a little grouchy as always, but nothing a small treat later on won't help.

I had no lessons today, so I headed towards the cafe Yongguk worked at. It was eight in the morning, the weather being cold and frosty. I stuck my hands in my pockets, trying to control the chattering of my teeth as I stepped appreciating into the warmth of the cafe.

I first took a quick glance around. It was packed with customers this time round, some taking comfort from the cold while others catch up with their acquaintance. I searched for Yongguk, inspecting those who were wearing a navy green apron and cap but none of them looked like him. The counter was managed by girls only.

Huffing, I followed the queue to the front and managed to question the lady while getting a cup of tea.

"I'm sorry, but is Yongguk in today?" I asked her.

She smile, seemingly slightly surprised by my question."Yongguk works during the night shift. He'll be here after six."

I thanked her for the information and waited for my cup of tea to be done.

"What do I do now?"

I dissed Myungsoo only to have to wait at least ten hours before I can see Yongguk again. My mind wandered to the other five boys, and I tried guessing where they might be.

I only have clues for Himchan, none for the rest. As I collected my tea and was about to leave, my eyes landed on the magazine on the magazine rack. Many Himchans stared back at me; cold, expressionless. He might as well be robot.

And then that was when something on the front cover of the magazine caught my eye. I picked it up, reading the black, bold words at the bottom.

"Want to get a chance to win tickets to see Kim Himchan in person? J-"

I stopped reading and instead tried inspecting for the details.

"Ten thirty. January 11. January 11. Isn't that today?" I asked myself. I flipped to the pages with more details, took down where this fan meeting was happening and was on my way there.

It wasn't far, just a forty-five minutes trip by train. By the time I reached there, I only had half an hour to spare. The place was packed with girls, girls, and a few good numbers of guys.

I smiled a little. Kim Himchan did like being the centre of attention.

I moved towards a queue but was stopped by a lady wearing a uniform.

"Tickets?" She asked.

"What?"

"Tickets," She repeated."You need tickets to get in."

"Oh," I mumbled, stepping aside. But a girl behind me pulled me back in line.

"She's with me." She handed the lady two tickets in which she stamped and gave it back to me.

I followed her in, puzzled. She didn't even give me a second glance, a simple 'my friend couldn't make it and I had a spare ticket' and was quick to disappear into the crowd. I couldn't even thank her, and that was when I realize most of the girls here were young. Like teenage young and here I am. Not old, but definitely older. Burning with embarrassment, I stood like the other girls, waiting for the appearance of Himchan.

Fifteen minutes passed, a round of useless talking from the emcee and it was when the crowd started screaming and pushing did I finally look up.

And there he was. Kim Himchan.

I stared at him, entranced. He was perfect then, but right now he was much more. Too perfect.

He had on a jeans and shirt, a cardigan tied around his shoulder. He was pulling off the rich-boy-next-door look pretty well. His makeup was light, his lips a light shade of pink, so pale he looked almost sick. But nonetheless, while most people would look like they need to be sent to the hospital, Himchan looked like a model pulled out from a magazine. Which he was, in a sense.

The smile he held on was fake though. Really fake. Tight, forced, barely even seen.

Instead of feeling the same happiness and bubbly sensation in my stomach when I saw Yongguk, seeing Himchan was a completely different experience. I felt happy, but yet it seems like I lost something. Like it's there, but yet gone. Alive, but dead.

Is that what this Himchan is now?

I watched in silence as they held small talks with him. I watched as he interacted with the fans, talking as little as possible and hardly even cracking a smile. Not at all warm, not at all friendly, but this people were too love sick to see through that.

The fan signing began, and the ticket the girl got me was also luckily one that could get into that. I followed the line, and being one of the last I had enough time to decide what I should let Himchan sign on. Sacrificing one of my file seems good enough, so I took it out alone with a marker.

I was second before reaching him, and I heard a girl behind him talking loudly and furiously on the phone.

"What do you mean she cancelled on us? What? Then find another one! Taken? God," The lady took of her spectacles, rubbing her temples."Then tell me, where do we have the time to find a replacement?"

"Next please!" The guard beside Himchan called. I snapped out of it and moved forward.

Seeing Himchan up close got my heartbeat a little faster. I placed my file on the table in front of him and handed him my marker. But instead, he ignored it and used the one he was holding, signing my file. His hand moved quickly, a little loosely, as if he really can't be bothered anymore.

"Alright, I get it," I heard the woman's voice in the background.

"Thank you," I said softly and still not looking up and not even a nod, he was already waiting for the next thing to be signed.

"Next!" The guard shouted and I took that as my cue to leave quickly.

I bit my lips and hurried down the stage, but a hand was placed on my back as I climbed down the steps.

"Keep moving," The familiar voice of the woman said and I didn't turn around, instead following wherever her hand on my back is pushing me to.

She led me backstage, and when we were out of anyone's view she stopped and I turned around to face her.

"So, you're Himchan's fan." She stated without a hint of questioning.

I opened my mouth to answer but she beat me to it.

"Great, because I need your help and it will be greatly rewarded. My model cancelled out last minute and I need a girl replacement. I saw you and think you would be perfect so I'm casting you. Just for this once," She explained so quickly I had to wait for a few seconds to finally get back to answering.

"M-Me?" I stuttered.

"Yes, you. There's no worry though, this time the models aren't meant to be pretty but ordinary. I think you fit the role pretty well."

Wow, geez.

"So will you take it? I'll greatly reward you, anything you want," She said, almost pleading.

I thought about it. She grabbed my arm."Great, now let's get going. Need to get your everything done."

"What? I haven't given an answer yet!" I complained.

"Why when the answers are always the same?" She said, still rushing me to somewhere.

"What if it was actually a no?" I challenged.

"Is it?"

I paused."Well. Not really. But-"

"Then that's that. Settled. You're the replacement model, I'll pay you. Done."

She pushed me into a huge posh van and told me to sit and wait and not move. When she slammed the door shut, I scowled.

"Who does she think I am? Her dog?" I mumbled softly to myself.

"Yes, pretty much. But it's not just you so don't worry."

I jumped at the voice and swiveled around to see a young guy, probably at his early twenties sitting comfortably at the back.

"I didn't know someone was here," I quickly said.

He laughed good heartedly."It's okay. I'm Lee Kaegan, Himchan's coordi."

"Uh, Yong Haejin. Some ordinary replacement model," I introduced myself.

He chuckled, and that was when I noticed how his hairstyle was in a deep shade of purple, the sides shaved off. He style was unique, yet sophisticated.

"So you're the new model? I can see how you fit the role," He smirked.

"Thanks," I mumbled and returned to facing the front.

"But you're not that bad looking," He added.

"Yeah, that helps," I told him.

He laughed again but kept silent after that. A driver came in, and I heard an uproar of cheers and screams getting louder. I looked outside and saw Himchan walking towards the van, fangirls trailing behind him like a leech. The only form of protection he had were four security guards.

"Is he taking this car too?" I asked without turning around.

"Mm-hmm," Kaegan simply replied."Fan?"

I hesitated."Kind of?"

The door opened at my side and I was taken by surprise.

"Move in," The security guard commanded and I scurried over to the other vacant seat as Himchan took the one I just sat on.

As soon as he was safe in the car, the guards slammed the door shut and the driver took off immediately.

I wanted to ask where the lady was, but didn't dare to. As soon as Himchan came in, the silence became a little awkward and dreadful.

I took a quick peep at Himchan and saw that he was staring out the window, expression still the same.

"Who is she?" He finally spoke up.

I looked at Kaegan as he locked eyes with me and shrug."Replacement."

"Does she have experience?" Himchan's eyes landed on me, finally noticing my existence as a human being.

My heart faltered when there was nothing but plain annoyance in his eyes.

Just like Yongguk, he doesn't remember me.

"Do you?" Kaegan asked.

I shook my head timidly. Himchan let out a loud, irritated sigh.

"Get someone to teach her the ropes. I'm not spending more than an hour on the set," He said and went back to looking out the window.

I puffed up my cheeks. Now Himchan is just being a . A diva is one thing, but this is a completely different.

I looked behind and Kaegan gave me an apologetic look.

"He's always like this. Don't mind him," He mouthed and I nodded.

Fifteen minutes later, we arrived in front of a huge centre. Himchan got out immediately and Kaegan motioned me to do so too. He followed behind after I got out and lead me the way into the building. The set for the photo shoot was taken underground. People moved around the space freely, having something to do.

A huge white background was at the side, followed by many cameras at the front. It was hectic, but I've seen this before. On television.

"Is this her? Great!" A girl said, grabbing my arm and pulling me away before I can finish witnessing the scene.

"Where are we going?" I asked her as she wove in and out.

"To get you fixed up. You look like a mess," She said.

I looked down at what I was wearing. Three quarter pants, tucked in blouse, trench coat and platform shoes. It didn't look so bad when I last saw it.

She brought me to a dressing room and I saw Himchan sitting there already, getting his makeup fixed by a woman.

I was pushed down on a seat one seat away from him.

"We'll start for your hair first," She said.

My hands shot up."You're not going to cut it, are you?"

She frowned."You're supposed to have short hair though."

"God, no! You can't cut my hair! Please!" I exclaimed, grabbing her hands frantically.

She looked at the others around her, and sighed."Is a wig okay?"

I nodded."Yeah, a wig's fine."

She moved out of the room, probably to get my wig and I sat back down in the chair. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Himchan giving me a disapproving stare.

I fiddled with my fingers as I waited for the woman to come in, but instead another lady holding bags full of packed food came in.

"Breakfast is here!" She shouted, placing the bag of food down on the table.

Breakfast at twelve? Shouldn't they be having lunch now?

"Himchan, your makeup is done. Go have your breakfast," His makeup artist said.

"I'm not hungry," He mumbled and went on reading his magazine.

I shot my head towards him."But breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That's what you-"

I paused when I noticed his icy glare. The others in the room were giving me shocked and surprised expressions.

"-told me," I whispered softly to myself as I turned back to my previous position, shying away from his glare.

"Do you want one?" A kind woman asked.

I nodded and she handed me a posh looking box. Steak, bread, fruits. It was definitely expensive. As I opened up the lid and ate, I looked over to see Himchan still occupied with his magazine.

I sighed, an overwhelming ache filling my heart. No wonder he's so skinny. He doesn't eat at all. I've been following his orders since the day he left and taking breakfast even if I wasn't hungry.

After my meal, the lady came in with my wig. She quickly fixed my hair, put on my makeup and gave me clothes to change into. The style for today was prince meets nerd. No wonder I fit the role.

They didn't want pretty. They wanted ordinary.

The photographer was an impatient guy. He ordered the people around as if they were peasants he hired at a cheap price.

"You!"

I jumped as his loud voice seems to be projected towards me. His index finger was pointed in my direction.

"Me?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes."Yes, you. Move in."

I nervously walked to where Himchan already was. It's my first time doing this, what am I supposed to do?

"Sit at the table and pretend to read a book. Himchan, you stand at the other corner and look at her," The photographer instructed.

Himchan moved away wordlessly, taking his place at the corner. I walked over and sat down, picking up a book with no words in it at all.

"Okay. That's good. Keep your eyes on the book!" He shouted at me."And just smile a little."

I smiled as per instructed.

"No, no. Smaller!" He scolded.

I gave a smaller smile.

"Now Himchan, look at her as if you're entranced. Yes, that's right."

Numerous sounds of pictures being snapped are heard. My mouth started aching and I wondered how long I have to stay in this position.

"Okay. Now Himchan, move over to the table and bend over it."

Himchan walked over and placed both his hands on the table, leaning in towards me.

"Smile! Yeah, girl over there. Look up at him, but don't smile."

I looked up and fixed gaze with Himchan. I flinched at how close he was, along with the fact his eyes looked scary, and quickly look down.

"Yah! What are you doing? Look up!" The photographer shouted.

I sighed and obliged unwillingly. The time staring at Himchan was painfully long. He seemed like he had no problem, but judging how long he has been doing this, he should be a professional.

My mind wandered. How long has he been doing this? It's impossible if it's been more than a year. If he's that popular, I should have known him.

A nudge broke me out of my trance. I see Himchan giving me a glare and then he turned away without a word.

We changed clothes again and returned to the set.

"Now stand up, go to the centre and face each other. Himchan will push her fringe away gently."

I got a little nervous, and it must be obvious because the photographer kept on asking me to stop being so stiff. I could feel Himchan's cold fingers brush lightly against my skin as he pushed my fringe away, tucking them behind my ear.

"Relax! Loosen your body!" The photographer shouted, getting slightly annoyed.

I exhaled and tried thinking happier thoughts.

"Relax, Haejin."

I tried finding things to think about to help me relax, and somehow it found its way to Himchan. The old one.

That was when I caught a whiff of the scent coming from his hand. A warm feeling filled me on the inside.

"What is this?" Himchan asked as we were walking around the shopping centre.

He stopped at a rack filled with moisturizing cream.

"It's a moisturizer. It helps to give your skin moisture so it won't be dry."

His eyes sparkled in interest. He picked one up and opened the cap, taking in a deep breath.

"This smells nice," He smiled.

I rolled my eyes."Stop being a girl. Come on, we still need to get groceries. They boys will start complaining if we get home late."

"Can't you buy one for me?" Himchan asked.

"Himchan..."I started but he didn't let me.

He pouted."Please?"

I looked at him and he stared doing weird aegyos.

"Oh god, stop," I told him, unable to keep watching.

"Not until you buy it for me," He said, doing motions with his hands.

People started staring and laughing at what he was doing.

"Kim Himchan! People are staring!" I hissed, cheeks burning red with humiliation.

He pointed to the moisturizer in a childish manner. I sighed.

"Fine, take one quickly," I grumbled.

He grinned, looking around.

"Quickly!" I chided.

"Which one do you think I should take?" He asked.

"Take any!"

He gave me another look and I knew what was coming if I didn't answer his question. I looked around frantically and saw one in a pink glass bottle shaped as a diamond. I grabbed it and shoved it at him.

"Take this," I said and pulled him away.

He opened the cap and took a whiff."Mmm. It smells good! Here, smell this!"

He raised it so that I can smell it too. I took a quick breathe in, and it smelled like vanilla and pine wood.

He has been using it ever since that day."

"You still use the same moisturizer," I blurted out without thinking.

I realized what I just slipped and looked up at Himchan. He was staring down at me, his perfectly done eyebrow curving down into a slight V shape.

"Okay, done! That's good. You finally did well for once!" The photographer said.

I stepped back as Himchan was still judging me. I bit my lips as I turned and walked away. Now he must think I'm some kind of stalker!

"You did great today," A lady told me as I entered the dressing room."The photographer probably doesn't know you're new that's why he was so harsh."

The lady started wiping off my makeup; helping me take off my wig and giving me back my clothes to change into. As I came out of the changing room, I saw the lady who saw me at the fan meet pacing the room. She saw me and brightened.

"My savior." She walked over and gave me a big hug."Thank you so much for helping. You did a great job."

I smiled and bowed politely.

"Are you going anywhere? I'll have them send you where-"

"Oh no, there's no need!" I cut in.

"About rewarding you. Is there anything you want? Money?" She asked.

I kept quiet, finally remembering this. Maybe this is a chance for me.

"Can I get a date with Himchan?" I asked.

The lady's eyes widened in surprise."A date?"

I smiled sheepishly."Is that too much to ask? It's okay if he can't though."

She suddenly burst out in laughter."Oh, it's fine. A date with Himchan? That can be arranged. A dinner date?" She asked.

"No, a breakfast date."

This time she looked even more surprised."Breakfast? Why breakfast?"

I shrugged and gave her a smile, hoping she wouldn't question more. She took the hint and nodded slowly.

"That's okay too. Just give me your number and I'll call you whenever he's free."

"Will he be okay with this?" I asked.

"He will. If he doesn't, I'll make him." The lady smiled slyly.

As I gave her the number, she asked me what my name was and what I was doing.

"Who are you to Himchan?" I asked.

"Just his manager. I've been managing him since he started," She smiled.

"And when was that?"

"Four years ago. Didn't change much though," She chuckled.

"Ilhwa, it's time to go!" A man with a earpiece stuck in his ear called out to the lady.

She placed her hand gently on my arm and gave me a warm smile."So I'll see you soon. Get home safely."

I nodded and watched as she left the room. I followed after awhile, making my way home.

"Home?" I mumbled, starting to remember something.

Yongguk popped up and I gasped. Looking at my watch, it was already five.

I wonder how Yongguk would react to this.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n; sorry for the long wait! >.<