Chapter 1

6 Humans = 6 Changes (Sequel to 6 Genies = 6 Wishes) (Discontinued)

"Do you own this cafe?" I asked as I was led in by Yongguk.

I glanced around the room, the warmth from inside already giving me a cozy atmosphere. The walls and floor were made with fire red bricks, lined with wooden tables and leather chairs. A cashier stood in the middle of the room, filled with high technology equipments and glasses of cups stacked up high. The lighting around the room gave the place a soft, luminous glow with paintings of cakes and coffee lined the walls at irregular intervals.

"No, I just work here," He replied and pulled out a chair for me."What do you want?"

I sat down and frowned in thought."Just latte would be good."

Yongguk gave a smile, one that made my calm heart start racing, and walked into the kitchen. I took a deep breath, feeling a smile light up on my own mouth, giddy with excitement and happiness.

It's Yongguk. Four years, and I finally met Yongguk. He might not know me but what they hell, I missed his smile and his voice so much.

As I was still hyperventilating, Yongguk came out of the kitchen holding a cup of warm, steaming coffee in his hands. He placed it down gently in front of me before proceeding to take a seat opposite me.

"No customer?" I casually asked, trying to recover from extreme excitement.

He grinned and shrugged."I'm not expecting much since its say, close to midnight."

I paused, realizing my stupid and more than obvious question. I grinned sheepishly."Right. You close at midnight?"

He nodded, drumming his fingers on the table."It's nice here, isn't it?"

I agreed, taking a sip of my latte. His eyes were fixed on me as I gulped down the warm liquid. Feeling self conscious, I took smaller sips and avoided eye contact. After several seconds of nervous silence, I looked up and saw he still kept his gaze fixated on me. I took a big sip and jerked back in surprise.

"Hot!" I shouted, placing the cup down.

I heard Yongguk chuckle as he held out a napkin."Take smaller sips."

I looked up and saw a huge grin on his face, the one where his gums were actually showing. I felt a pang in my heart, the same ache which usually comes from missing the genies too much, and I had a strong urge to hug Yongguk right there and then. Why doesn't he remember me?

"Are you alright?" His voice snapped me back.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine." I accepted his napkin and scrunched it up in my palms.

"You seem troubled," He said calmly."Want to talk about it."

I stared at him, and he quickly shook his head, embarrassed.

"I mean, that is if you want to. If you're not comfortable it's alright if you don't. I'm just saying if you do, then I can provide a listening ear or maybe some advice. But of cou-" He stopped when he realized he was blabbering and blushed a shade of red, talking in a softer and more timid tone."Just, you know."

I couldn't help but smile at how adorable he is."You're becoming like Jongup."

His face contorted with surprise and confusion."Jongup?"

I paused for a moment. He doesn't know Jongup?

"Yeah, Jongup. You know the guy who lives with you?" I asked, now a little uncertain.

He frowned."No. I live by myself and I don't know anyone named Jongup."

I did a double take. Not only does he not remember me, but he's forgotten about Jongup. My heart started beating faster at this new found discovery.

"Youngjae? Zelo?" I tried.

But his face still held a puzzled look. He shook his head."I'm sorry, am I supposed to know these people?"

I gaped at him. All gone from his memories? But that can't be. The genies has been his family for like ever, he can't just forget them. Unless he really is just a lookalike?

"How about Himchan?" I asked, trying one last time. Maybe Himchan he knows. They were the closest back then.

His face lighted up, but not in excitement or anything, just in recognition. If not, I swear his aura turned a darker shade.

"Oh. That guy I know," He replied flatly.

I flinched at his cold reply."You do?"

"Yeah. Don't everybody?"

I searched his eyes and now instead of the warmth, it was now filled with pure hate and distaste.

"What do you mean? Is he popular or something?" I asked, more than confused.

"You should have heard of him though. Almost all girls would," He said, not getting to what I want.

"And why is that?" I tried asking again, hoping he'd get straight to the point.

"He's a model. For that famous men magazine, Zenith. Haven't you heard of him?"

"Magazine? Kim Himchan works as a model for a magazine?!

I felt shocked, surprised, amused and maybe even slightly amazed. I fixed my attention of a wide-eyed Yongguk and realize I just raised my voice too high.

"I'm sorry," I quickly said."I'm just...wow."

"Do you know him? You seem like you know him."

"Do you, have a picture of him. Or the magazine he works for by any chance?" I asked.

Yongguk smirked."What? Interested already?"

I gave him a look."No. I just want to confirm something."

"That he's as good as I make him sound?" He continued teasing.

"Yongguk." I gave him a hard stare.

He chuckled and got up, walking over to the magazine stand and taking one over. He pushed it towards me and pointed to the cover. "There he is."

I looked at where he was pointing and got even more shocked. Because what I saw was, true enough, Kim Himchan. Right smack in the middle of the cover, dressed in a pink suit which somehow looks extremely good on him.

There's something different though. Something different about him. I leaned in a little closer to inspect it and realize what it was. Everything. His posture, the way his hands was stuffed into his pockets, his eyes, the way his lips was kept in a straight line. It all seemed cold, emotionless, lifeless and most importantly, un-Himchan like. What happened to the hyper and naggy guy who oozed of confidence?

"This is Himchan?" I asked Yongguk, still keeping my eyes fixed on the guy on the magazine."Kim Himchan?"

"The one and only."

"Himchan," I whispered under my breath, feeling a strong nostalgia creeping up.

"Do you know him?" Yongguk asked.

"He looks familiar."

"That's what you said to me too," He stated.

I looked up at him. Yongguk. Himchan. Same faces. Same names. Personality wise, Yongguk is the same. What about Himchan? Maybe it's just an act for the magazine. Maybe he's trying to give off the cold and distant vibe. But do they really not remember each other.

"You don't seem to like him," I said, bringing up what I noticed.

"It's not that. It's just; I don't have such a good first impression of him."

"Why's that?" I asked.

"Let's say it started with an accident and ended there."

I urged him on, keeping silent. Yongguk sighed."He just came into our shop one day and ordered a drink. I was carrying a tray full of cups of coffee and he just banged into me. And he left, with his unharmed self and coffee without a sorry. I got a good scolding for the broken cups and ended up with some pretty bad scald on my arms too," He explained.

"Himchan can't be that bad," I said, unbelieving.

"Up to you to believe, but I don't have such a good liking towards his since that day. He came a few other times, paid us a huge amount and asked us to keep the change. We weren't poor. Just because he was rich doesn't mean he should be giving it away so casually. Spend it on donations or something, damn it."

I coward a little seeing Yongguk fired up. He noticed I was becoming a bit weary and smiled weakly.

"Sorry. I was just angry."

I nodded, understanding. I finished up my last sip and stood up."It's late already and you should be closing soon."

He nodded and led me towards the door."Haejin right?"

"Right." I followed him as he led me to the entrance."Thank you for the coffee."

He smiled, the tips of his lips curving up."You're welcomed back here anytime."

"Really?" I asked."I can come here again?"

He laughed."And why can't you?"

I blushed slightly, thinking I sounded a little desperate."So I'll see you soon?"

Yongguk smiled and nodded."Come back soon then."

I waved, taking one last look at his beautiful smile before turning around and walking away.

I felt happy. More happy then I have ever been before the genies left. It felt like a part of me was missing, but now getting to meet Yongguk, being able to hear his voice, see his face, admire his smile, it's like the missing piece is found. It's like returning to your hometown after a few years gone, or finding out you still had the special note your lover gave to you a few years back.

And then my mind wandered to the weird scenarios. Yongguk not knowing me neither the genies. Himchan's odd aura. Something's not right, and as much as I tell myself to just go on and get over it, another part of me wants to find out the truth, if there are any in the first place. Can it be their reincarnated, or had their memory erased as part of punishment? It that is so, maybe I'm still there. Maybe they still know each other, it's just locked up in one part of their mind unable to be freed.

I decided to stick to that though; because it was the only conclusion I has as of now.

Maybe tomorrow. I'll take some time to visit Yongguk again. He felt like the genie I used to know, but someone else too. He felt near, but yet so far. The feelings there, but I can't be too sure either.

I'll have to spend some time with him, get to know Himchan and Yongguk too. Maybe if I start things slow, things will get clearer.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n; please wait a little while for the poster, it's in the making now c: