Chapter 6

6 Humans = 6 Changes (Sequel to 6 Genies = 6 Wishes) (Discontinued)

“No wait!”

I pushed my legs further; trying to catch up with the bus whose doors had just closed. But as I reached the bus stop, the bus had already made its way to the next street and past the corner. I groaned in annoyance and looked at my watch. I’m already ten minutes late for the breakfast date with Himchan and judging by how I just missed the bus; I’ll have to add another ten to that. And I have a pretty good feeling this Himchan isn’t someone who likes to be kept waiting.

Tapping my feet impatiently, I craned my neck to see if the next bus would be coming anytime soon. I saw a few taxis pass by and bit my lips in thought. Do I take it? Do I not take it? I looked at my watch again and saw that another three minutes has passed by. Sighing, I went close to the road and stuck my hands out, flagging a taxi.

“The things I do,” I grumbled unhappily, the idea of having to spend triple the amount not exactly amusing me.

“Where to, miss?” The taxi driver asked.

“Taeyuk Hotel please,” I replied, giving him the address Himchan’s manager sent to me.

The taxi driver nodded and pulled off, joining the ongoing traffic in the busy streets of Seoul. My heart hammered in my chest, worried about how Himchan will react to my being late. The past diva didn’t like such a thing; I suppose the present one doesn’t either. Thank god it was already past the rush hour as the traffic seemed to be going smoothly. I reached the hotel in a little more than five minutes and hopped out after paying the taxi driver, rushing into the grand hotel. I paused, looking around to find for the restaurant and spotted it just at the corner. I was about to walk in when the waitress at the front desk stopped me.

“Do you have a reservation?” She asked politely.

“Yeah. I’m meeting someone actually. He should be here by now,” I explained, craning my neck to see if I can spot Himchan.

“Name?”

“My name? Or his name?” I questioned.

The waitress gave me a wary look and sighed before continuing.”His name.”

“Kim Himchan,” I said.

The waitress’s head snapped up in surprise, and then she gave me a once over, giving a subtle frown. I held back a scoff and looked down at what I was wearing. Sure it’s a little casual, but she didn’t have to judge.

“This way,” She finally replied with great hesitance. She walked away from the front desk and I followed her over to a corner seat which only had two chairs. A candlestick stood in the middle of the table, along with the usual cutleries set up neatly in front of each seat.

“Mr. Kim will be running slightly late,” The waitress said and walked away without another word.

“Slightly late, huh,” I whispered under my breath as I sat down. Of course how could I have forgotten? Kim Himchan didn’t like to be kept waiting, but he sure as hell loved to be waited on.

A waiter approached me and bowed.”Would you like anything to drink?”

“Just tea would do,” I replied and he bowed, turning to walk away before I remembered something.”Oh wait! Actually, can I have two breakfasts set?”

He nodded in reply.”Tea for the other too?”

“Yes. Thank you,” I said and he walked over to get my order done.

I looked around the room, noticing how everyone was dressed nicely and formerly. I looked down at my own attire and sighed. So maybe the waitress was right, in a sense. I am pretty underdressed. Just as I was drowning in my own thoughts of how I should have dressed better and maybe even put on more makeup, someone walked past my side and sat down in the chair opposite mine. I looked up, expecting to see Himchan and did a double take when it wasn’t him but someone else instead.

“Daehyun?” I exclaimed, my mouth opened wide in shock.

He grinned, his eyes crinkling up into an eye smile and lifted up a hand as greetings.”Hi. It’s nice to see you again, Haejin. What are you doing here?”

“I should be asking you the same thing,” I said, looking around as if that would help me decipher where he popped up from.

Daehyun shrugged.”I’m here to meet someone and I judging by how there is, there was, an empty seat, I’m thinking you’re meeting someone too.”

I nodded in reply.”Who’s that guy?”

I narrowed my eyes.”What makes you so sure he’s guy?”

Daehyun leaned out of his chair to the side, his eyes scanning my outfit.”Hmm. So maybe not a guy judging by how you’re dressed.”

I scoffed and opened my mouth to retaliate when a shadow fell upon the table we occupied, blocking out the warm orange glow of the light overhead. I lifted my head and saw Himchan’s cold face greeting us. He wasn’t looking at me though, his eyes transfixed on Daehyun. Daehyun too was staring up at Himchan, and judging by his confused expression that dimwit obviously doesn’t sense what’s happening right now. I kicked his leg under the table and he yelped in response, shooting me a glare. I jerked my head to the side, silently asking him to get off the seat. Luckily he seemed to get my message because his eyes widened in realization, is mouth parting to let out a silent ‘oh’ and he quickly got up.

“Sorry about that,” He said, directing it to Himchan.”I was just talking to my friend. Don’t worry; I warmed the seat for you.”

He smiled and waved goodbye to me before turning to go back to where he was supposed to be. Himchan’s jaw seemed tensed and I gulped in fear. This was not supposed to happen.

Without another word, he sat down quietly on the seat Daehyun once sat in and then focused his eyes on mine. I smiled nervously.

“I thought I’d be the one late but thank god I wasn’t, “I joked, trying to lighten the mood but with the ice prince here, it can’t be achieved so easily.

The waiter I recognized as the one who took my order was walking in our direction, two plates in is hands. I sat up straighter.

“Oh look, our order is here. I hope you didn’t mind, but I helped us order a breakfasts set,” I explained, working hard to keep the silence and awkwardness at bay. The waiter set the plates down in front of us. Himchan looked at the plate set out in front of him, his hands staying just as still as he is by his sides.

“Aren’t you going…eat?” I questioned cautiously, looking at him with worried eyes.”If it’s not to your liking, you can order something-“

“I don’t eat breakfast,” He said, the first time he spoke up.

I paused, at a loss of what to say.”But since you have the time now, why not? Are you-“

“I just don’t eat breakfast, alright,” He cut me off, his voice as cold and hard as his expression.

My heart ached at his words. The memory of his words in the letter he wrote before he left, telling me over and over again to take my breakfast even if I didn’t have time. And now here he is, be it the past or present Himchan, telling me that he doesn’t eat breakfast.

The size of his waist, his sunken cheekbones, the dark circles under his eyes. It’s all becoming so obvious to me now.

“But breakfast is the most important meal of the day, “I found myself reasoning with him.”You’d have no energy if you don’t get something into your system. And as such a busy model, I’m sure you need all the energy you can get.”

It was just for a split second where his eyes seemed to widen that few millimeters, where his eyebrows seem to raise just a little to give him a look of realization, of remembrance. But it was just like I said, for only a split second. After that, it was back to being cold and if his eyes can get any colder, I’m pretty sure it just did. He stared me down, challenging me with his eyes that seemed to hold a tinge of anger and annoyance in them. And then without a word he stood up, his chair being pushed behind him thoughtlessly.

“I didn’t come here to hear a lecture about breakfast and I believe you are in no position to tell me what to do. I don’t even know you, and I’m pretty sure I may never want to. Now, if you’d excuse me,” He said and walked off.

I kept my eyes fixed on the empty space he just previously occupied, and let out a breath I realized I was holding in. That was the longest Himchan has ever said to me since we met, and it wasn’t something very nice to hear.  I was still stuck in my thoughts, feeling the sudden weight on my shoulders get heavier and heavier each second.

“Hey,” A soft voice broke me out of my thoughts and I see Daehyun sitting in the chair yet again. Except this time his expression wasn’t one of amusement or playfulness, but one of worry and concern. I almost let out a laugh, whether it was because this was the Daehyun who played with girls and broke their sorry little hearts or it was because this was the Daehyun who always lent me his listening ear when I needed it the most.

“Are you okay?” He asked.”You seemed to have gotten yourself quite some attention back there.”

I followed his eyes and saw that most of the customers around me were looking at me with curious and judging eyes. I looked back to his own concerned ones and let out yet another sigh.

“I’m leaving now,” I told him, getting out of my own seat and walking out of the restaurant.

“Hey, hey, hey,” He ran after me.”You sure you’ll be alright?”

I looked into his eyes, and tried to figure out if this was the guy trying to charm a girl or the guy who genuinely wants to offer his help.

I can’t decide. Back then, it would have been so easy. I could read the genies like the back of my hands, and it was so easy to trust them. But now, now that their all different, it’s proving harder to do so.

“I’ll be fine,” I replied and gave a smile in reassurance. Daehyun watched me go without trying to stop me this time. Why would he? I was just another girl he met on an ordinary day. I’m no different. Whatever memory I had of him didn’t exist in his memory, and this applies to all the others I’ve met too. I pushed the glass doors of the hotel open and stepped out onto the busy streets.

“What happened to wanting to figure this all out?” I questioned myself in my head.”What happened to the faith you believed in, Haejin?”

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm back with a new chapter! This isn't as long as I thought it would, since it was five pages long on the word document -.- But yes, I hope you guys had a great time while I was gone (probably not that great though hahahaha) and I do hope you guys enjoy this update. While I was writing I realized I don't have an idea how this story is going to turn out but fear not, I will figure it out one way or another.

I'm predicting Youngjae and Zelo will be out soon so patience little ones. This story won't be as long as 6 Genies = 6 Wishes, because I don't want to make it too draggy. Which means once all genies are released, the story will probably be halfway done.

Okay, I shall not talk too much. 

And some news, I might be thinking of creating a new fanfic. It won't be too soon, since I want to give all my focus to this story but since I stopped Loser Of The Year: Me (sorry yet again to readers) and deleted my other story, I thought it time permits and if my lame brain does come out with a good enough idea and plot for a story, I might just create a new fanfic by the start of the new year. It won't be a B.A.P fic though, but about a group that has captured another piece of my heart during my long break.

Alright, I shall sign off now! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, although I highly doubt so :D