"Cliched, I Know" Act I

I Ship Us

This contains quite vulgar language. Proceed like how'd you approach your mother on her period.


Don’t get me started on my love life. The last working relationship I had was months ago. Now that I look back, I was a ing idiot for breaking off things with that y junior just because we ‘spent too much time in bed and not talking about our feelings’. Never knew I had a until my ex-boyfriend slapped me in the face.

It’s been hard for me ever since.

Not that I’m saying I’m unattractive or anything. I am the exact opposite. Girls swoon at a single smile, cougars melt at a wink and the occasional teacher even lets me off sometimes. So to speak, I have everything going for me in the looks department. My height needs a little work, but I make up for it by being the star player of the school’s prized rugby team. 

Oh, and - if you didn't catch the first paragraph - I'm gay. I am as gay as they come. Okay, maybe not, I don't actually let off a radiance of rainbows that cause tooth aches. I act like any hormonal teenage boy my age, I play video games, watch , do completely idiotic shenanigans with my best mates - the whole book of norms. It's just an 'extra' (in a way) that I prefer over s. 

To be honest, I am GLAD I'm gay. Before I had my epiphany, I did chased girls - quite a damn lot of them. And them handbag-toting, manipulative, skirt-wearing beings are hard. Guys are just so much easier. They're simple-minded and I can think through them. 

After I had the sudden realization - at the tender age of 17 if I must add - I decided to transfer to an all-boys school located somewhere far from Seoul. My parents obliged as they were still quite shocked with the news. 

So I got in, met this rascal named Minwoo, my room mate, and another two guys named Donghyun and Hyunseong. 

We stuck like a glue and I've been hanging out with them throughout all my school years. And throughout all of that, they had no idea that I was a homoual. All those my relationships were done secretly. It helped that most didn't last long and I got 'bored' easily. They knew none of this until I reached my junior year. 

"Guys, I'm gay," I told them simply during recess. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact of their insults, maybe a hit to the face from Minwoo. Knowing how dramatic the guy is, he'd probably start screeching at me how 'assaulted' he felt all those years being forced into a room with me. 

Minutes passed and my nose was still intact, pride undamaged. I risked a chance and cracked a glance. Hyunseong was smiling. Minwoo had this triumph look on his face. Only Donghyun looked annoyed. "Aha! You owe me 50, hyung," Minwoo chirped from his side of the table, a palm outstretched towards Donghyun.

The latter reluctantly slapped a 50 to Minwoo's palm. "Oh, you and your brain," he grunted.

I blinked. Once, twice. 

"You asshats had a bet on my uality?!" 

Donghyun shrugged. "It's just a bet, Jeongminnie, don't get your in a twist," he said through a mouthful of asparagus. 

"Since the day you got in," Minwoo added cheerily.

I looked to Hyunseong, the only nice one out of the three. He had both hands up in defense. "Hey, don't look at me. I tried my best to prevent it - but then a dozen others joined the bet and Minwoo said he'd split the cash if he won. Speaking of, you owe me 25."

"Bloody traitor," Donghyun muttered beside him. 

"A dozen others??!! Well, , guys, why didn't you just tell me about it? I could've made a ing musical about it and worn a frilly tutu - wait, you guys aren't... mad?"

"Why would we be mad?" Hyunseong asked, eyebrows tangled in confusion. 

Donghyun looked amused. "You didn't think we're homophobes, do you? It's called an all-boys school for a reason, little one."

"Yeah, Donghyun-hyung's right, it's hard to not find cooked spaghetti around here," Minwoo said. "Even Ding-Dong and Hyunseong here have been ing each other behind our backs."

A vein popped at Donghyun's forehead. "DIng-Dong?" 

I spat out my milk.

Ignoring us, Hyunseong looked at Minwoo, somewhat embarrassed. "W-what?! How'd you know? When did you know? How long have you known? Oh my God, did someone tell you? It was that face Key, wasn't it? I will karate his pretty little when I meet him at the dorm later."

Minwoo crossed his arms, a look of indifference on his face. "It wasn't Key-hyung. He's too busy with Jonghyun to even look at me these days," he started. "You two have been too painfully goddamn obvious. Donghyun is always eye-ing you."

"YAH!" 

"Y-you guys, too?" I wheezed out, beating a fist to my chest. 

Hyunseong shyly glance at the smirking Donghyun. "Yeah, we are."

"I don't buy it. You guys are the straightest guys I know. Hyunseong, you punched a bear just last week!" 

"Oh gosh, Jeongmin, they're gay, you're gay, it's a whole mess of gay. I'm not surprised if I find myself influenced by all this gayness and ing some other gay next week," Minwoo ranted.

I still didn't buy it. 

Donghyun looked to Hyunseong mischievously, waggling his eyebrows. "You hear that, babe? He doesn't believe us. We'll have to show him."

Then he promptly grabbed Hyunseong's face and shoved his tongue down the other's throat. Catcalls and wolf whistles flooded the cafeteria at their public display of affections.

I gaped. 

Minwoo placed a hand on my shoulder. "Toldja. Now give me 50 bucks."

 

“Traitors!” I yelled after my friends as they laughed their way out the doors.

“Better luck next time, Jeongminnie,” Donghyun cackled evilly as the metallic double doors of the gymnasium clanged closed, the loud noise resonating in the dome-like walls of the place.

Screaming out in frustration, I mindlessly grabbed a ball lying by my feet and flung it hard against the walls – only having it ricochet back to my face. “!” I cursed out loud, my voice bouncing off the walls. My nose is bleeding! My beautiful face is bleeding.  

“Dammitdammitdammitdammit,” I curse as if repeating it would help. 

I underestimate my own strength.

With my free hand, I twisted a bottom corner of my PE shirt and brought it up to my bleeding nose for the fabric to soak the blood up whilst I go search for some help.  I abandoned the balls. My face was much more worth than dingy balls. I didn’t want any of the other guys seeing me in this pitiful state so I took a peek before exiting the gym.

Thankfully, the school hallways were deserted. It was no wonder. Next period was already starting. I hastily walked to the nurse’s office, once ducking behind an oversized potted plant when I spotted K. Will, a close senior, whistling as he escalated the south stairs of Starship Academy of Performing Arts.

I nudged the door open with my left foot as my hands were occupied. “Hello?” I mumbled uncertainly into the seemingly barren room. Five simple single-sized beds were crammed into the limited space. A white cabinet covering one corner of the room, filled with all kinds of medication and stuff of the like, the other corner of the room hidden behind translucent-like drapes. I guessed that it was where the nurse’s desk and papers were situated.

“Is anyone here?” I called out again, louder this time. The blood was starting to dry – on my face no less so it was getting pretty uncomfortable.

I waited for some time.

After a few minutes, I sighed at the fact that I’d have to brave going back out there to search for help.

As I was turning around, I accidentally hit my hip against the bed post. A string of colourful words slipped out of my mouth as I hopped around in place on one foot. Hopping backwards, I then found myself falling face-down, tripping on my own feet.

“Well… can’t get any worse than a mouth full of concrete…”

“Uh… excuse me… are you okay?” a soft yet slightly deep voice beckoned out to me.

I raised my head slightly to have a look at the owner of the voice. What I found was this angel staring down at me with worried eyes.

The heavenly being had the most adorable expression. Perfectly plucked eyebrows furrowed as he examined my well-being, little button nose crinkled at the smell of blood and bottom lip bitten with white, pearly teeth out of nervousness. His skin; flawless and those two eyes; simply mesmerizing.

For a moment there, he got reeeeeeaaaaaaaaally close to my face to check on my nose. And for that one magical moment – and not to sound clichéd here eventhough it is – my heart literally skipped a beat and released a dozen butterflies to my stomach.

Not only is my nose now broken, my stomach’s all fluttery. I just mentally gagged at how female that sentence sound.

Sadly, he withdrew his face, which was still etched in worry, worry for me, and scrunched his nose. Cue a dozen more of those pests. “I think your nose is broken.”

I’m pretty sure I uttered something stupid in reply because right then his cheeks turned a faint pink, his eyes avoiding mine.

“Er – um – I-I’ll get you laid down, o-okay? And some medicine would do you good,” he managed to say as he hugged/hoisted me up to a bed, flushing even redder if I must say.

I could only nod dumbly and stare after his behind.

Wow, he has a fit bum. How could I have been so freaking blind throughout high school? Yes, he looks about only 2 to 3 years, tops, younger than me but with a face like that, I’d probably have spotted him whilst he was still in his middle years.

This random brunette is even turning me into a e.

He came back with a few pills in one hand and a glass of water in the other. “Here, take this,” he told me, handing me the pills to take yet still helping me with my drink. “You’ll get quite woozy and sleepy – but don’t worry, you’ll be okay.” My thoughts were hazy yet I remember myself telling him with name. I noticed that a yellow sash was tied around his upper arm. A freshman, I see.

So le heavenly being whom I want to bang is a freshman.

I now name thee Lee Freshman. And, daaaaamn, would Lee Freshman’s fit tush would look goodinglooking in an apron pressed against the kitchen counter as my di –

His hand hastily flew to my mouth, his face now blazing with embarrassment. “I – I th-th-think that’s e-e-nough n-now,” he stuttered cutely, cautiously moving his hand – which smelled of strawberries omg spaz – away few moments after.

Well, . So much for keeping my thoughts to myself.

Lee Freshman ultimately fails at keeping in giggles – something he’s doing right now. “Y-you said that out loud, Jeongmin-ssi.”

Instead of making an even bigger fool of myself, I only smiled dazedly at him. He really is too cute. Not to mention how his laughter sounds like fairies dancing on the night of a full moon. Again, mental mini gag. Meeting Kwangmin really brought out my feminine side, eh? Or was it the pills? His face is getting a bit blurry.

Unconsciously, I poked a finger to his cheek. It felt soft, like baby back ribs. Wait, no, soft like black pins. How are lethal pins considered soft, again?

Those pills really did me over.

“Heyyyyyyy,” I started, swaying a little in place. “What medicine didja gave me?”

“Only mild pain-kill – oh, .”

Ignoring the newfound fact that the innocent lovable stuttering freshman just seconds ago had the ability to curse, I narrowed my eyes at him in suspicion – well, tried to, between just meeting the love of my life and having just eaten mixed up pills, I only managed to stick out my tongue. “? Well, , ity, mc, , then, I only have 2 days left to live then, eh, mate? At least I managed to meet me soul mate, though not meeting you wou’d ‘ave been nicer as didn’t, I wouldn’t be diagnosed with terminal herpes now –”

“Calm down, I hit my toe against the side table,” he cut me off my rant, cheeks still a pink tint. “So, no, I am not the cause of your death.”

Silence ensued – for only half a minute that is.

“So, I’m high on medicine and I’m not dying in a dingy bed with my wife-to-be by my side. Happy days, mate.”

He grinned shyly. “So not only am I your ‘soul mate,’ I am also a wife?”

It took me quite an ample amount of time to process his words. So he did listened. And, , I just confessed to the angel turned le heavenly being whom I want to bang turned the love of my life I met just 15 minutes ago that I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

My wife-to-be giggled again, the merry sound bouncing off the walls of the room. “You said that out loud, too,” he enthused, seemingly playing along.

Not knowing what to say at such an awkward situation, I blurted, “Blame the pills.”

Even through my sorta drunken state, I could’ve sworn I saw his grin falter for a moment. His next few words were faint, somewhere along the lines off, “… so it’s the pills that were talking, hm…”

Maybe I heard wrong? I am hopped off pills here for God’s sakes. “Wassat?” I slurred, my wicked Irish accent minutes before now fading.

He shook his head, what I could now see was actually a forced smile on his face, and guided my head down onto a pillow. “You need your rest, sleep,” he gently instructed me.

Unwillingly, I felt my shoulders relax and my vision getting even fuzzier as my eyelids drooped shut.

I heard footsteps moving away from my bed and just managed to snatch a hand out to grab a bony wrist.

“Wait, don’t go.”

The last thing I remembered was the feel of something soft and wet on my forehead and the cup of someone’s hand against my cheek.

 And strawberries.


Yes, there is a part two - or act II as I called it. What? I wanted it to sound classy. 

I never knew this would get quite popular, so I just want to say thanks. Have my badly baked virtual cupcakes. 

I actually appreciate your comments more than you subscribing (not that I'm saying you to not click that glorious 'Subscribe to Story') because I could get your feedback. I'd like to know how my writing is progressing. 

And with that, I bid thee farewell. 

Till next time.