Do you know?

A Pirates Joke

"What do you think our relationship is Yeon? And don't say, a master to a slave, you've been here too long to know that," Yongguk spoke as your shuffled around his room.

He sat down on his bed, running a strong hand through the course of his matted hair, all from the sweat and grime of late-night working.

"I…I'm not sure Yongguk. We are friends aren't we? But I don’t believe that friends is the right word…" you trailed off.

Proceeding to his shirt, he tossed it aside and lay down on the bed, sinking into the mattress from exhaustion. Yongguk patted the space next to his chest, gesturing you to sit beside him. You obliged, putting down a stack of folded clothes. He had his eyes closed, his hand caressing your fingers in the quiet night where there had been just a sliver of the moon in between the curtained windows.

"Yeon-ah."

"Yes?"

"Do you…do you love me?"

"I…" you were completely caught off guard by such a statement. Of course, you loved Yongguk. You loved Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo as well.  You loved your favorite stable horse that rode you to the inn, you loved the feeling of warm water rushing down your back on cold winter days, you loved the bed you came home to after work to rest in. Did you love him the same way as those kinds of love?

Opening his eyes Yongguk sat up beside you, putting his arm around your shoulder.

"How do you feel when I do this?"

His arms moved lower, circling your waist and locking his fingers. Yongguk's bare chest touching your back, his smooth muscles adjusting just about your thin frame.

"Or this?"

One of his arms moved up while the other stayed rested on your waist, his free hand turning your chin ever-so-slowly to look at his face millimeters away.

"Or this?"

Yongguk slowly brought his hand away from your waist, tucking both underneath your jaw line. He planted a chaste kiss on your lips, pressing gently before pulling away. The look in his eyes in the dim candlelight was soft and loving, and you finally recognized it was how he looked at you all the time.

In the solitary moment where his lips stayed on yours, you closed your eyes and felt sheer bliss from his touch, an innocent gesture that became your first kiss.

 

"I love you Yeon."

 

---

 

"Yongguk I…I love you. But-"

"But?"

"I'm afraid."

"You are afraid to love me?"

"I'm afraid to love anyone, because I have never been in a position to deserve such a thing."

"You deserve everything in the world Yeon-ah. From the way you have been raised, from the beatings your have suffered, I had promised to erase it all. This is what my heart tells me to do. And I will, because you deserve me more than anyone else will."

Taking a deep breath, he kissed you again, filling your lips with all the hidden emotion for the past few years. He drew away only to lightly kiss your forehead.

"If you are worried about publicity, you need not.  Just remember that even though couples may express their love quite openly in this dammed town of pirates and pillagers, our love shall remain private within this household.  Himchan knows, but the others…keep it a secret for now."

Yongguk's body finally gave out, falling back onto the bed while still holding your hand.

"I know I am often busy, and I can't show you much affection.  Just remember my promise to protect you, and you will always feel the love I have for you in my heart."

"Sleep here with me."

"Sleep? Do you mean-"

"I only wish to lie beside you. Sleep."

Taking your waist again he drew you into bed, holding you in his arms as his chin rested on the crown of your head. "Yeon-ah, I love you. But remember, it's our secret."

 

 

---

 

 

"Eat," Zico commanded, returning to his desk.  Night fell upon the ship, the waters were calm sailing towards a destination you could not fathom. Sitting in Captain Zico's quarters dressed in a cream-colored nightgown, you refused to move, staring blankly at the plate in front of you.  

"Eat, why don't you?" his voice grew demanding when you didn't react.

"I didn't bring you upon this vessel to have you starve and die. Do you think I'd feel better about myself if I really killed you!? DO YOU!?"

Captain Zico hauled you up against the wall beside his bed, shaking the slim bones of your shoulders. He was breathing heavily upon your face, eyebrows furrowed in anger.

"I don't want to," you whispered defiantly, the tears coming to fill soft eyes.

"Don't…I cannot…Yeon," he faltered, watching every drop fall onto his arm, passing through a thin sheen of dirt that had grown over the past few days on your face. It was difficult, it was frightening. Every part of your body screamed in negligence. Silence hung over his quarter's to which the ocean could only echo in response.

"Please, eat. You'll look much prettier," he sighed, your hair and releasing you from his strong grasp.

"I won't hurt you. Eat, you'll feel better."

Picking slightly with chopsticks at the rice, you grabbed a piece, letting it fall into your mouth and chewing slowly. It tasted wonderful being only plain rice. There was an assortment of side dishes as well: pickled vegetables, slightly braised meat -where did he get that?- and some fruit.

"Better?"

You nodded, the  tears coming down your face once more. Who was this? Was this Captain Zico an illusion? There must have been a hidden motive calling you to his quarters tonight. It was not this, it could not have been.

"Why are you crying again?"

"Why must you be so kind? It is not in your nature, it is not like you. This is not the Captain I know," you stressed.

"You…you don't know me," he whispered in response.

"I never thought of making you cry. I'm…I'm just a selfish person you see. When I want something, I have to have it, no matter the circumstances."

"So, you kidnapped me to travel on your ship? For how long?"

"Until I can let you go from my heart."

"You don’t love me Captain Zico, this, this isn't love!" you accused.

"I agree with you, it's not loving, but wanting. Wanting someone so foolishly you kidnapped them and made them yours," Zico acknowledged, leaving the room. He slammed the door behind, leaving you alone once more.  Things were somehow different from small effort, with the food churning in the stomach you had left, sitting on a comfortable bed flickering in light without chains or restrictions.  Gathering the sheets up around your shoulders, you lay down , letting sleep come over your restless thoughts.

---

Later on in the night, you felt arms wrap around you from the back. A familiar scent of rum and sea salt curled up against your body, and you shuddered when rough lips touched the nape of your neck.  You felt his tall body curve faultlessly with yours, his chin resting on the crown of your head.

"Shh, it's just me. Go back to sleep," he yawned.

"But Captain-"

"There is nothing to fear. I only wish to lie beside you. Sleep."



 

 

 

 



(A/N: Hello everyone!! Recently I reached over 100 subbies!! ^^ thank you so much! I hope you will continue to read and look forward to the rest of the story. There will be more updates since it's the holiday break~ once again thank you!!

P.S Don't let your expectations be too high, but Yeon and Zico's relationship shall...develop soon keke)