I.O.U. A KISS [5]

I.O.U. A KISS

Silence was bordered throughout the living room. Jonghyun kept seated on the couch, humming an unfamiliar song. Oppa decided not to eat at the kitchen anymore; he sat next to Jonghyun on the couch, eyeing him while he kept munching, hands to a plate of chicken and sauce. And me? I squat down, resting my hand on the coffee table, my head leaning on my palm as I kept observing the two—not making any sound of argument but I could see an imaginary tension like some bolt of lightning in between them. I sighed.


“Is he your boyfriend?” Jinki asked after swallowing the food in his mouth.


“No.” I stated, voice sounding a little whiny. Then he turned to Jonghyun.


“You fancying my sister?” He asked, eyebrows furrowed.


“Well, watchu gonna do if I am? Punch me in my face this time?” Jonghyun mocked, their heads now a foot away.


“Shush. Will you two stop?” I cut them both before they exchanged curses with each other. “And Oppa, he’s not in to me, okay? He just lost his girlfriend, how could he—” Then Jonghyun glared at me, a look that says “What are you saying?”


“I-I mean, his girlfriend lost him, because Jonghyun dumped… her?” I squeaked at the last word, my face buried down the table, not used to Jonghyun glaring at me like that. Jinki’s frown turned into an evil grin, he seemed relaxed now, leaning his back unto the soft couch.


“Ah. I get it.” He said, nodding like a genius. “Look who’s heartbroken now.”


“Shut up, hyung.” Jonghyun shrugged his hand off. “Are you happy now?”


“Well I did warn you before, and what did I get? A punch on the face by none other than you, Kim Jonghyun.” Jinki looked up the ceiling, as if remembering something. “Now, I think you’re the one who needed a punch straight to the face, for not believing us.” He grinned. Then I remember one time, that was 2 months ago after Jinki came home in furry, hands flailing in the air, outraged after he saw himself in the mirror with a light, purple bruise on his face. He kept cussing words like ‘stupid dinosaur ugly-looking dog’ while he stomped his way to his room and BAM! came the door crushing shut. It was the first time I saw him mad without looking funny or weird.


“Well, what do you want me to do? Isn’t love about trusting each other? So I trusted her because she was freaking crying on my arms, god, people do make mistakes, okay?” He sighed.


“And…?” Jinki leaned his ear close, expecting words to come out of Jonghyun’s mouth.


“Sorry.” Jonghyun mumbled under his gritted teeth.


Jinki started to break into laughs, his eyes tearing, hands clutching his stomach as he attempted to stop himself from laughing any further. “Ha—Aigoo—Haha, seriously, Jonghyun.” He wiped some visible tears in his eyes, standing up from the couch. Jonghyun managed to throw a pillow directly to his but he doesn’t seem to mind it.


“Hyejin-ah, later, tell me everything that happened.” Oppa grinned. “I’ll just be out to get some lettuce for lunch later, ne? I won’t take long.”


Jinki took his coat and stared back at us. “Come, Jonghyun, you must go home now.” He said, sounding like a father.


“After I fed you some chicken, that’s how you’re going to repay me? What is this? ‘Eat-and-run’ but I’m the one being forced to run off? No way, pal. I’m staying till I feel like it.” He stuck his tongue out, crossing his arms like a spoiled kid.


Jinki frowned, “Why was he here in the first place anyway?”


“Well, I…” I spoke, “I saw him at the park, you know, before—I mean, after his girlfriend left him. Then he caught me and offered me a coffee treat, but I said I can’t because I needed to buy you a meal since, you know. And then I told him he can come if he ordered this expensive chicken for you, and I never thought he’d do it so… there.”


“Hmm.” He eyed Jonghyun who still has his arms crossed, then me, then back to Jonghyun, and up to look at our clock.


“You better not do anything to Hyejin or I’d punch you for real this time.” He pointed at Jonghyun who had his brow arched.


“Do I look like a or some here?”

 

“Hyejin, does he look like a to you?” Jinki nudged my arm. As I turned to look at Jonghyun who gave me the same expression.


“Yes.” I nodded, grinning. This feels actually good, you know—the feeling of winning over Jonghyun, thanks to my brother who seemed to help me win the victory this time.


“See.” Jinki grinned back at him as he stepped outside our house; his laughs clearly heard the time he was out the door.


Then silence enveloped the room for the second time as I sat there, waiting for Jonghyun to say something. “So…” I mumbled.


“So what?” He quickly made a retort.


“Tell me what happened between you and my Oppa.” I stated. I’m really curious to what happened to them long ago or maybe 2 months back. I already have an idea that Jonghyun caused that bruise on Jinki’s face.


He rolled his eyes before positioning himself on the couch comfortably. “He warned me…”


“About…?”


“About her.”


“Who?”


“HERRR” He hissed. Then I got it, I got the message that he was talking about that girl who French kissed another guy.


“So what was it about herrr?” I mocked, grinning at the helpless Kim Jonghyun.


“Can we not talk about her?” He slouched back to the couch, looking rather tired. “You know, I’d rather pick you than that punk anyway. If only Jinki told me earlier that he has a sister.” He smirked. He was teasing me again, that tone of his voice which I knew very well. Dammit, I feel like I’m blushing real mad right now.


“Hey, don’t get carried away, you’re blushing.” He snorted, laughing at my now reddened cheeks.


“Well it startled me since it sort of, for the first time, sounded like a compliment from you!” I defended myself from being caught that I might actually like him.


“So you’re saying that nothing good comes out from my mouth? Is that it? Huh?”


“Yah! No, it’s—well, to be honest, yes, most of the time. Because I always get humiliated by you!” I complained, I can’t believe I’m finally saying these things to him. “Buuuut, yea, I got used to it anyway.” I added.


“You’re too frank.” He stated.


“Oh I’m sorry, don’t get too -hurt.” I teased, fighting myself from laughing at his face the time I remember what Jinki muttered about him—about him looking like a dinosaur or a dog or something.


“I get it, just because I’m all like this you’re trying to win over me!” He said peevishly.


“Well I just saw you cry, Mr. Kim Jonghyun. Makes me feel like a winner already. Ha! I could’ve taken a shot of you, you know.”


“Why didn’t you then?” He asked.


“Would that be fair?” We both ginned, smiling back at each other. It was the first time I had this—I don’t know—good conversation with him? It feels different, like sort of tingly andand… if he keeps being like this then I don’t know If I can ever hold myself back from confessing to him, that I do like Kim Jonghyun and I wish he’d stay like that. Now, right now, I’m really looking forward to have more times like this with him. I bet this dude has a lot to say in his mind and I know someday I’d be the first to hear it.


“Yah! Look who’s erted now. Quit staring at me.” And then we both laughed.

 

A/N: Yup, see? No cliffhanger for this chapter. XD Sorry, I wasn't able to write in here clearly what happened to Jjong and Jinki, but soon I will. Thank you so much for reading! I love my subscribers! <3