I.O.U. A KISS [2]

I.O.U. A KISS

It was that very moment when Jonghyun sang, it made my stomach twist and my whole body shiver…

♫ After receiving that girl's phone call a while ago, my thoughts have become many. She said she was dumped by the person whom she had called her lover, the person she had been in love with. ♪

I just heard the most beautiful voice and I realized that they were all, indeed, right about him. I used to ignore him, this near-perfect guy that they were all talking about in campus. I used to ask myself why on earth am I the only person who doesn’t seem to like him? His blonde hair, those ear piercings, his smirk and his attitude, I mean, with all those traits, how could someone say that he’s what every girl has dreamed for? Seriously.

“Do you think they’ll win?” Yoonhee sounded worried, clasping her hands together, hoping that they’ll do.

“I don’t know,” Said Hyewon, “The other group’s frontman got something as well.”

All students gathered at the school’s gym, watching this year’s Battle of The Bands. Everyone cheered and hooted, whistling and screaming there heart out over some group of guys. All sorts of cameras and phones peeking out at the crowd of students, making us fail to see what in the world is happening up there.

♫ Beside that girl, forever by her side, after creating my place, I change into a guy from a friend, while hugging her tight, I'm going to tell her that I will care for her until her sadness disappears. ♪

My heart skipped a beat, whispering out of nowhere, “Oh my god, I swear I’d give him a kiss if they win.”

“Really?” Hyewon hooked her hand on my shoulder and shook me. I turned to look at her only to see her grinning mischievously.

“Wow. Don’t tell me you’ve finally fallen for the famous Kim Jonghyun?” Yoonhee arched her brow, arms folded, her smile identical to Hyewon’s.

“Sheesh,” I laughed, “I was just joking, you guys.” I said cooly, not so sure if they're buying it.

“I thought you said you don’t like him?”

“I bet Jonghyun would be glad to hear this one,” Spoke Yoonhee, giving Hyewon an “are-you-thinking-what-I’m-thinking?” kind of look.

“KIM JONGHYUN! IF YOU WIN, SOMEONE HERE WILL GIVE YOU A KISS!!!” They both shouted. Although I’m glad he didn’t heard it because a lot of students were shouting as well.

♫ In order for her to be able to build her trust in me by watching me, I'll become a respectable man; you are the one for me. ♪

“Y-yea… KIM JONGHYUN FIGHTING!!” I shouted. I was never the type to ride on someone’s joke but if I show them how completely embarrassed I am right now they might probably tease me, so I acted cool, I mean… I tried.

And we kept shouting till our throats hurt from too much voice friction. We jumped and made chants with the rest of our class―supporting our representatives for this year’s competition.

♫ One love is forgotten by another love, now, look at me, the person beside you... ♪

And then it finally came down to the last part of the programme…

“Congratulations to...” Both Hyewon and Yoonhee crossed their hands, eyes closed, whispering a wish that I obviously know what that would be.

“Again, congratulations to… KIM JONGHYUN AND THE REST OF THE BAND!” Everyone jumped and shouted, it started to rain confetti, and we started to hug each other and raise our hands for victory.

Their stood, Kim Jonghyun with the trophy… smiling.