I.O.U. A KISS [3]

I.O.U. A KISS

It’s yet another weekend to slouch off and I feel kind of relieved that it’s finally Saturday; Jonghyun has tortured me for the past few days, when will that guy ever stop? It’s not like I want him to really really stop and ignore me but… I don’t know. That loving smug of his and those pouty lips that come off just after he remember what he has ingeniously discovered. I often shrug the topic off, not minding what he’ll do or whatever threat he’ll come up for just like what he’s done to our teacher.

I jumped up from my bed, sighing and making way downstairs to grab my bicycle.

“Off to somewhere?” Oppa’s head popped out from the doorway wearing an apron on with his name “Jinki” embroidered in the middle. Our Appa works on a different country while our Umma works as a nurse―taking whole day’s shifts at the hospital. Only me and my brother’s left inside the house and he would often cook breakfast because Umma needed to go at such an early hour.

“Yea, I’m just going to… somewhere.” I said, not knowing where I’m headed, really.

“Well, while you’re at it, will you stop by at the mailbox to send this letter off? I’ll pay you back a cone of icecream.” He grinned, handing me a piece of envelope and dug it inside my pocket.

“You always give me icecream.” I stated, grinning back.

“Icecream makes you happy and it’s cheaper so… yea.” He nodded, feeling satisfied with his retort. “Oh, and take your breakfast before you go.”

“I don’t think I have an appetite for breakfast since I could tell it’s gonna come out burnt again.” I watched as he finally came into his senses, smelling the nasty smell of burnt eggs and bacon. His eyes widened in panic, making him look rather funny; I chuckled as he went running towards the kitchen saying the words “Oh no” consecutively.

I hopped on to my bike before he makes me eat his over fried eggs. I thought of maybe stopping by at the market to buy us some good grub for breakfast. He probably doesn’t know what to do right now, he’ll still be hungry by the time I’ll arrive, and his stomach yearns for a decent food.

After dropping the letter to the mailbox, something about a Mexicana chicken promo or something, I decided to take a moment at the park to watch the fishes at the pond. They’re pretty huge and scary but they amaze me in some way.

Just a few meters from the pond, I thought I saw someone that looks like Jonghyun, but he’s with some girl, both wearing sweat pants. I shook my head, probably just hallucinating. Why on earth am I seeing Kim Jonghyun?

Getting close to the couple near the pond, it seemed as if they were bickering over something. The guy that looked like Jonghyun was facing the tree; I could tell he’s pissed by how his fingers moved to his temples. The girl’s frantically wagging her arms up, looking a lot impatient, shouting at the guy who looked like he’s fighting himself from attempting to hit the girl. It felt like I was watching a real live drama, it amazes me a lot more than the huge fishes. But this is wrong; my Oppa would’ve blocked his hands to my eyes right now.

“Fine! Be that way!” The girl marched off, the guy who was facing the tree, still rubbing his temples while his other hand rolled to a fist. I thought I should just ignore what happened and go pass him to the pond.

“Stop.” I halted, hearing him say those words the time I came closer to the tree, he can’t possibly―

“Know what?” He breathed, I gulped.

“You’re sick, how could you even explain yourself and tell me that I was the one ly―” He turned and stopped. “―ing?” His voice lowered, finishing his sentence.

"I... uhm..." My eyes started to dart of at different directions, wondering what to do, where to go, how to escape.

"Hyejin?" He spoked, His eyes were on me, maybe trying to register the fact that I'm not the person he exactly wanted to yell at.

"I... I'm so sorry!" I blurted. Thinking of running away from him, I fell out of balance from my bike and it rolled towards him just when I pushed the pedal but clumsily moved the wrong way.

“Oof!” I blinked my eyes open, hearing the sound of rolling wheels descending; I looked up to find out that I landed on THE Kim Jonghyun. It was really him and I stood shock of what I’ve seen and the truth of what I’m seeing.

“Oh my god,” I whispered. I stood up, kneeling next to him in panic as I keep saying sorry to him too many times. This scene reminded me of my brother this morning, I thought it was karma or perhaps just one of the things I inherited―having the same clumsy-like attitude, I don’t know.

He stayed there, lying on the grass. I thought he’d probably curse at me for knocking him down but he laughed. He brought his arm up to block his eyes and he was laughing. It was a different laugh, I could tell. Not the kind of I’m-having-fun laugh, but more of an I-think-I’m going crazy kind of laugh.

I stood up and brushed some dirt and a few grass on me. His laughs were slowly disappearing, all I could ever hear by that time was the blow of a cold wind that passed through the grass and the trees.

“How would you feel.” He mumbled, giving out a low laugh.

“Huh?” I questioned. He didn’t looked at me, nor moved an inch.

“How would you feel if you see your own girl French kissing a guy, which is not you?” He took his arm off his eyes and kept looking at the skies.

I swear I saw some stain on his face; this would be the first time I'd saw Kim Jonghyun—No. Wait.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden realization, and it finally hit me, that he wasn’t just laughing, no wonder it sounded quite different from the word laugh. I asked myself if this is real…

Did Kim Jonghyun just cried?