Chapter 10

Then Came Jiyong

~ Chapter 10 ~

Seunghyun's Lie and Jiyong's Truth


 I smile as Seunghyun walks me outside the school. "I gotta go to football practice but I'll see you at the house, okay?"

I kiss him on the cheek and laugh. "Okay! See ya later." I watch as he walks away and I turn around and see Jiyong leaning on one of the arches below the school ceiling.

"So you forgave lover boy?" He askes with a frown.

"Yea...I did...Can we talk?" I ask as I walk beside him.

"Sure. We can talk on the way to your house." He says and both of us get in the car and drive off school campus.


"So....are you friends with me just to try to get revenge on Seunghyun?" I ask without make eye contact with him.

"Hm.....So thats what he told you.....bastard." Jiyong says calmly. 

"So...is it true?" I whisper."

"That depends...do you really believe its true or do you just want to so you and Seunghyun can live happily ever after?"

"Stop beating around the bush! Chaerin warned me about you breaking girl's hearts." I yell firmly at him.

"Do you want to know how it all started? With the original version this time?"

I stare at his face. He looks....sad and disappointed. ​"Yeah..."

He shifts the car over to the side of the road and lean his on the head rest trying to keep calm. "Tell me what Seunghyun told you first."

I look at my fingers while explaining what Seunghyun said. "He said you and him use to be close friends and that you dated this girl and broke her heart...he said he tried to help her get over you and they ended up dating and you got mad and hated him ever since. He also said that that you're using our friendship to get revenge on him....thats it."

Jiyong smiles sarcasticly and shakes his head. "Thats just like Seunghyun....always turning the story around so that hes always the hero and that I'm the bad guy.....I remember the day I first met that girl; her name was Hyori Lee....she was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. It was like love at first sight. Anyways, we ended up dating and I lavished her with gifts and I fell even more in love with her everyday. What I didn't know was that Seunghyun also had his eyes on her. He didn't seem interested when they both met and because was he was my best friend, I didn't suspect anything. Then one night I went over her house to surprise her and saw Seunghyun's car parked in the driveway....She came out and I questioned her about it......She just laughed in my face. She said that she was too good for me and that she needed a guy like Seunghyun. Seunghyun knew I loved that girl with my whole heart. That bastard was suppose to be my best friend...."

I stared at Jiyong for the longest. Something about his voice made me believe him. His story was heartbreaking. "Is this how you stared...breaking girls hearts?"

Jiyong frowned. "Yeah...Thats how it stared. Everytime I look at a girl....I see Hyori....You're the first girl I've seen in a long time that Hyori's face hasn't appeared on. Thats the big reason I keep you around. Maybe you can show me that some girls aren't like her...."

I grab Jiyong's hand and turn his face towards mine. "If this is the reason, I'll stay. I'd never do something that heartless. Shes stupid for letting a guy like you go...."

"Bom...just do me a favor. Don't fall in love with me. I couldn't stand breaking your heart...." He says as he looks me in the eye.

I look into his eyes and speak from my heart. "I'd never let you break my heart Jiyong. I'll do whatever it takes to mend your heart."

I watch as he leans forward and kisses me softly on my lips. My eyes close instantly and I kiss him back.


As I walked down the stairs with my suitcases I see Seunghyun come in the house. At first he smiles then his eyes meet my luggage and he frowns curiously. "Where are you going?"

I keep walking until I'm off the stairs. "Why did you lie to me?"

Seunghyun's expression changed and I knew he figured it out. "Bom-"

"Save it." I say as I walk towards the door.

Seunghyun grabs my arm and I turn my face towards him. "Okay so I lied! If I told the truth, you would have been mad. Why are you leaving?"

I loosen my arm away from his grip and stare at him. "You should have told me. I've never lied to you! Ever!...I don't know who you are anymore Seunghyun....I just need to figure out my feelings cause I don't think I can stay in the relationship much longer." 

He watches as I walked out the door. Honestly...im glad I get to go home.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQPtCZ1AoJaXiqGqtTaeeimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHhpCQrbGWevuJMFjhK35images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS0KvLf9o6e4XYkiqcDqP