Only Friends.

One Year Later

 

Sunny’s POV.

What should I do, what should I do? I couldn’t fall for him again. I need to restrain myself from thinking of him. I just need to think about Jaejoong oppa. Ugh, oppa! I need you here. Badly. Ugh! I’m really going crazy now that Donghae is in my Math class and to make it worst, he is now part of our group. God, please stop torturing me like this, I promise to be a good girl now. I whined loudly as someone tapped my shoulder. Ooh, I was still in the rooftop of our school and it’s getting late already.

I turned around to see who the person was. To my surprise, it’s D-Donghae. “What are you doing in here?” I asked with a cold tone again, like the one I used when he spoke to me earlier in the library. He pouted at what I said. 

“Sunny-ah! Can you please stop hating me now? I just want you to forgive me! That’s all. This guilt keeps on bugging me. I really just need your forgiveness. Please?” He turned so serious this time. He just wants my forgiveness?

“B-but Donghae, I have a boyfriend.” I mumbled under my breath. He smiled. Ugh, he heard it. I immediately covered my face in embarrassment. He laughed now and said, “Let’s be just friends. That’s all I want, Sunny. Friends. I kinda miss you, eh? Being a friend, huh.” I placed my hands away my face and gave a small smile.

“So, we are friends now?” Donghae asked cheerfully, using his aegyo. I wiggled my tongue on my cheek inside my mouth as he giggled at me.

“You still do that thing?” Donghae laughed. I laughed too and said, “And you still use that annoying aegyo of yours.”

“Hey! You use that kind of aegyo too!” Donghae smiled as I smiled back at him. “See? I missed that smile of yours.” He said as I immediately turned crimson red.

“Eh? I’m going home now, kay? See you tomorrow.” I was about to go down when I suddenly felt his hand on my wrist. “What are you doing?” I asked as I took his hand away from my wrist.

He said, “You are going home alone? Where’s your boyfriend? It’s late now, I’ll walk you home. Let’s go.” Before I could say a word, we already reached the campus grounds. He pulled me all the way from the rooftop to here. He’s quite fast, huh.

“So, will you please agree now? I’m just making it up to you.” He said, smiling from ear to ear. I just nodded and chuckled as we started walking to my home. For a while, there was a thick silence between us and I decided to break it. I just asked him, “How have you been? It’s been one.. year.” I didn’t know why those words came out from my mouth. I shook my head and mumbled, “Pabo, pabo, pabo!”

“I’m fine. Yeah, it’s been a year. By the way, you still do remember it huh? And you really remembered it.” Donghae said. He really never fails to make me laugh or smile.

“Hey you, don’t flatter yourself too much. It just popped out of my mind!” I said, doing a small pout and looked away from him. I can feel him smiling even though I’m not looking at him.

“You still have that cuteness that made me love you way back then.” He said. I stopped in my tracks then faced him, my face shocked. “Oppa! Please stop that cheesiness please? I may fall for you again!” I said, still with a shocked face. I was trying to fool him, just trying.

“Really? I know you are just fooling me. I know you, Sunny-ah.” He said.

“Oppa! You really know me well!” I said as I started walking fast, leaving him behind.

“Sunny, Sunny, Sunny~ I love you, I need you.” I heard him singing while running up to catch me. Little did I knew, a small smile that no one can notice crept in my face. I turned to face him as I stuck my tongue out and shouted, “Oppa, please stop!” I said with an annoyed voice but I was just joking, okay?

“Eh why are you affected? You still love me, do you? Kidding. That’s the latest song of Super Junior-H! What’s wrong about singing that huh?” He said as he smirked. We were like 1 meter away from each other so we are shouting while talking. Luckily, no one is around. I glared at him as I started running fast.

“You want to play, huh?” I can hear him shouting as I started running even faster. “You better run, run, run, run, run~” I could hear him singing SNSD’s song ‘Run Devil Run’. I was laughing the whole time I was running.

I stopped in my tracks when I reached my house. I was panting heavily, my hands on my knees. I slowly turned around to see no one was there. Where could Donghae be? He was just behind me right? It was dark now so I couldn’t see the surroundings very clearly too. Maybe he just didn’t catch up with me so he’s still not here.

Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder. At first, I was hesitating if I will turn around to see who the person is or not. I’m quite scared, eh? It’s dark now and I’m quite afraid of the dark. The person tapped me once again.  This time, I will now see who the person is. Maybe it is just Donghae.

I turned around and the person shouted, “GOT YOU~!” in a very scary voice. I started screaming at the top of my lungs saying, “A GHOST~AHH!!!” I couldn’t see who the person was but he was now walking near me. Oh ! I got a stick and I’m going near him just to hit him with the stick. I ran into him and instead of hitting him with a stick, I bumped him really hard causing me to fall all over him. I WAS ON TOP OF THE GHOST—OHMYGOSH! I still couldn’t see him.

Suddenly a deep voice from behind said as the street lights opened, “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING?” Yeah, I know that it is much brighter now but I still didn’t look on who the so called GHOST. Instead of looking at him, I looked at the person who spoke a while ago, and to my surprise—I saw HIM.

End of Sunny’s POV. 

--

Sorry for the long wait people and sorry for this short chapter. Comments! :D