First Day..

One Year Later

 

Sunny’s POV.

I heard a song playing over the radio. The lyrics said, “I wish we can go back to our first days. To the beautiful, happy and loving days. Those heartbreaking stories and vain arguments, just bury all of that now and promise that we won’t take them out again. No matter how many seasons pass and how many years go by, I hope that we won’t meet like today again.” When I heard those lines, a tear fell from my right eye and only one person entered my mind : Lee Donghae, my ex-boyfriend. It’s been a year and I already have a new boyfriend but—I can’t forget any single thing about him. I still remember his deep brown eyes, his brown hair, and his kissable lips that made me fall for him even more. I still do lo—my cell phone suddenly rang. Ugh, what a nice timing.

"Yoboseyo? Who are you and what do you want from me?” I said, irritated. The person on the other line laughed and I said, “What? Why are you laughing now?”

“Soonkyu-ah, it’s me. Don’t be mad at me. Did I disturb you on your sleep?” Oh, it’s Jaejoong oppa. He’s my current boyfriend. We’ve been going out for almost a year now. He is the one who comforted me the day Donghae and I broke up. I love Jaejoong as much as I love Donghae. B-but, I love them both. Ugh, whatever.

“Sunny, I’m sorry but I can’t give you a ride to school today. I feel sick and I’ll be absent for today. And I-I need to talk to you later after school. In person.”

His voice sounded so weak. “Oppa, you sounded so weak right now. Do you need me today? I can be absent also for today. I will just go directly to your house.” I sighed.

“A-are you sure?”

“Totally sure. You said you needed to talk to me in person, right? Just wait for me there. I’ll be there in less than one hour. Bye oppa. Saranghaeyo.”

“Saranghae Sunny-ah. Saranghae..” His voice slowly trailed off. I ended our conversation as I placed my mobile phone on the coffee table just beside my bed. The way he said those words is totally strange. I really wonder why is he acting so strange.

I got off my bed and directly went to the bathroom. I stepped on the dry and cold shower floor as I quickly undressed myself. I opened the shower knob as I let the cold water flow through my body. I pressed the soap at some parts of my body. Afterwards, I washed it off with the cold water. I got my towel and wrapped it on my petite body as I stepped out of the bathroom.  

I went inside my walk-in closet and started picking out on some clothes. I picked out a green tank top and shorts. I dressed myself and started fixing my hair. As I finished, I picked up my bag and directly went downstairs.

“Eh? Soonkyu-ah, you are not going to school?” I heard Umma said as I went down the long staircase. I shook my head and said, “Jaejoong oppa needs me.”

“Oh, okay. Be safe in driving then.” I gave my Umma a peck on the cheek as I went outside the house. I went inside my car and started driving my way to Jae’s house. After a few minutes, I arrived at a big house and I immediately parked my car in front of it. I went outside my car and started ringing the door bell.

“Miss Sunny. Mr. Jaejoong is waiting for you upstairs.” The house maid of the Kim family greeted me as she bowed her head. I bowed my head too as a sign of respect and went directly upstairs, to oppa’s room.

I knocked a few times and I heard sobs from the room. “I’m going in, okay?” I said as I slowly opened the door and saw my oppa crying.

“Oppa! Why are you crying? Is there something wrong?” I immediately ran up to him and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back and said nothing. He still continued on crying.

“Jaejoong, please speak to me. What’s the problem? Why are you crying? Please.” I said as he broke our hug. He wiped the tears on his cheeks and looked at my eyes. “I’ll be going to Taiwan for a month because my father told me so.” He said. I was speechless. I can’t live a day without Jaejoong by my side and suddenly he will disappear for a month? I’d rather die!

“W-what? Then I’ll go with you.” I said as my eyes became watery too. I know I’m such a drama queen but I really feel like crying. I know you understand my feeling. I remember the day that Donghae and I broke up, it’s also the same time that Jaejoong stepped into my life. From that day on, I madly fell in love with him even though Donghae is still tattooed on my mind. And from that day also, I realized that I can’t live without Jaejoong. He made me happy and contented.

“No Sunny. You can’t. It’s just a month. I will always call you, I promise.”

“B-But..” I was cut off by oppa. He planted a soft kiss on my lips and whispered, “I’ll be back, I promise. You know that I love you.”

“I love you more, oppa.” I said as I hugged him, not wanting to let him go. But still, I need to.  I closed my eyes, controlling my tears. “When is your flight?” I opened my eyes as I saw Jae pouted. “Actually, it’s today. 2 hours from now.” I panicked as I hit his arms.

“You should go now. You shouldn’t be late. You are such a pabo!” He laughed at my reaction as he slightly nodded. He gave an apologetic look. “I need to go now. Bye Sunny. See you in a month.” I hugged him for the last time as I bid goodbye to him. I leaved his room and went downstairs. I sighed heavily before I went outside the house.

--

“I miss oppa already.” I told my best friend, Tiffany as I sipped on my strawberry juice.

“He isn’t calling you?” Tiffany munched on her food and faced me. I smiled at her and said, “We just talked a few minutes ago. But I still miss him.”

“You are really obsessed with Jaejoong, huh?” Tiffany glared at me as I hit her arm playfully. “It’s as if you are not obsessed with your Siwon oppa?” I smirked.

“Okay, okay. Fine, you win. But for this time only.”

“Then you should treat me an ice cream later! Please?” I used some of my aegyo as she finally agreed. I know she can’t resist my aegyo, no one can resist it. Huh, I’m the aegyo queen, that’s my title.

“Hey. Did you know that there is a new transferee in our class? I heard he’s cool and handsome. I’m so excited to meet him.” Tiffany said, with sparkling eyes.

“Fany! You already have a boyfriend.” She pouted. “Speaking of, Siwon is coming here.” Tiffany smiled widely as she waved at her boyfriend. As soon as Siwon reached our table, he immediately sat beside Tiffany and wrapped his arms around her. Aww, I wish Jaejoong is here too. “I’ll go now. I’m becoming jealous. I really wish oppa is here.” I chuckled a bit as I started getting my things.

“Relax, Sunny. There are so many fish in the sea.” Siwon said. I giggled at him and waved goodbye at the lovey-dovey couple. I started walking. I should just go to the garden. I made my way to the school’s garden as I sat below a tree. There are so many couples here. While me, I’m all alone. Ugh, I got up and just went to the classroom. On my way there, I suddenly bumped into a person and unfortunately, I fell on top of him.

“Oh, I’m sorry miss. Are you hurt? I’ll bring you to the clinic if you want to.” He said with a concerned tone as I examined his whole face. He is so familiar but I can’t remember him because I still can’t see his eyes. He’s wearing sunglasses. I stood up and fixed my clothes. He did the same thing as he handed me my things that fell on the floor. He really looks familiar. Is h-he Donghae? “Than—“ Before I could say a word, he immediately left me. And no, I don’t think he’s Donghae. Maybe it’s just a look-alike. Yeah, he is just a look-alike.

End of POV.

---

Donghae’s POV.

I bumped into someone here in school a while ago and she really looks like my ex-girlfriend who I loved dearly. I just can’t get over her. I know I have hurt her because I leaved her without any explanation but I have a reason. I just didn’t have the guts to say it to her at that moment. A-and I can conclude that I still love her. My feelings for her never changed since the day that we met, till now. It’s been a year since we broke up and I wonder how she is right now. One year has passed just like that.

Anyways, it’s my first day in this school today. I just came home yesterday from America. I studied there for one year and clarified some matters about my family. And now I am back in Korea. My goal is to find my one true love, which is Lee Sunny. I need to find her again and be with her for the rest of my life. I need to explain everything to her and I need to tell her that I still love her..

End of POV.

--

sorry for the LAME chapter. :)