Chapter 3

Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Kris... I think....I..."

And that's when the door was open forcefully by Victoria. Kris turned and frowned. Damn it Victoria! Don't ruin my office door. When Victoria saw what was happening, she snicker and said "Getting in touch with your inner gay today? I don't care as long as you do your job. Anyway, I want to pass this to you. Chanyeol had emailed this to me today and asked me to give this to Luhan." Luhan brightened up at that while Kris just scowled. Victoria put the document on the table. Kris looked at it as if it was offensive.

"Ok, later losers! I've got to kick some other people asses today."

When Victoria left, Kris looked back at his wrist and cast a questioning glanced at his partner. Luhan looked confuse at first but then realised that he was still holding on Kris' wrist.

"No, not getting with my inner gay alright. I just want to show you these!" He immediately let go of Kris' wrist to shove five pictures to his face. He examined the pictures. It's a picture of a book, the same book. All of them were taken from five different places. But there was something about that book that makes it stand out. The fact that it was upside down and from the side, there was a tag. A library tag.

"Wait, they all borrowed the same book! That's our link! There's only one local library. Maybe we can get our information tomorrow." Kris looked at his watch, which indicate it was already 8 PM. Luhan was already half-way through putting his coat on. He frowned when he heard Kris said tomorrow.

"But Kris, why can't we just call Yoona? She have connection, maybe she can help us meet the librarian." Kris pinched the bridge of his nose. Honestly, is he really that dumb?

"Luhan, understand this. I don't want to call Yoona. You should know that by now." Kris went to sit at the sofa. "Oh come on! I'm sure she's harmless! I know she may be a bit creepy, a bit obsessive but she is still resourceful. For the sake of humanity...." Luhan flooped down beside the emo face man.

"Luhan! Don't even try to make me feel guilty. And we haven't finish reviewing the reports and just so you remember, Chanyeol left you a love letter. Does it seem funny to you that he conveniently sends that email when you've been pestering me all day wanting to email him?" Kris suspiciously looked at Luhan who was actively avoiding his gaze. Kris was about to give his deathly recitation of dishonouring the code of partnership when Luhan suddenly stood up. Oh no! He's going to lecture me about the code of partnership! Abort! Abort!

"Oh!! Look at the time! I'm starving really. Why don't I go and buy us some dinner since we're gonna stay back anyway. You want Starbuck? Of course you do! Why don't you rest and I'll go!" Luhan rushed out, leaving Kris on the sofa, fuming.

________________________________________________________________________

 

Kris was reviewing the reports in his office, trying to find any information that he could've missed. Kris may not compare to Luhan's intellectual, but he is sharp and experienced.

 

Kris had joined the department two years ago. Most of his partner left him saying he was hard to work with (except with Yoona, Kris left her). Then after a year, Luhan joined and Victoria forced asked Kris to take him in. It was horrible at first, their personality clashed and Victoria was ready to break them apart (literally). But when they solved their first case together, Kris and Luhan found out that they’re actually compatible with each other. (And they found out that they both are terrified of Victoria but who isn’t right?). Their colleagues were surprised that they last this long. Actually they were surprised that a vibrant person li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter