Only One Sentence

The Forbidden Fruit Tastes Best

                Days were passing slowly. Still, I had plenty of reasons to be happy. Going to and back from school with Yoochun became some kind of a routine. We were spending more and more time with each other and never seemed to be getting tired of one another. I hoped he felt nearly as great as I did in his company.

                It was a beautiful, sunny Saturday when I thought for the first time that I would go visit Yoochun at his home. I thought about making lunch and spending even more time together. Even though Jihwa told me it was too early to go there, I was stubborn and started realizing my plan at once. All in all, you have only three choices in life: to give up, to give in or to give it all you’ve got. I always choose the third option, so why should I change it now?

                I woke up early so as to buy everything I need. I decided to make a few things that wouldn’t need heating up later: sigumchi namul (which is seasoned spinach with sesame), kimbap with different fillings, jang jorim (which is soy sauce braised beef) and kong namul (soybean sprouts with sesame seeds again). I will add rice and bori cha (roasted barley tea), and that would be all. I had quite a lot to do, but I somehow managed to do it before noon. I packed all the food and wrote a note to my mom that I was leaving and I didn’t know when I was going to be back; however, I don’t think she will even notice my absence… She always goes straight to bed, not bothering checking me up.

                With my heart beating fast, I pressed the doorbell button. After a few seconds I heard some rattling. The lock clicked and I saw surprised face of mr Park Yoochun. He blinked a few times and looked me up and down. It was the first time he saw me in something different than a uniform (thank God it was sunny and I could wear a thick sweater). I cleared my throat to let him know that I noticed his eyes inspecting me.

- Ermmm – Yoochun could apparently think. – Sanghwa-ah, what are you doing here?

- Hello, sir! I thought I would make and eat lunch with you. What do you think? – I smiled widely at him.

- You, what…? – Yoochun was completely speechless.

                 Suddenly, my heart froze when I heard someone’s foorsteps. Yoochun told me he was living alone. Is this someone his girlfriend…? Oh please, no. I won’t bear it. I stared blankly into the corridor, expecting the worst.

- Hyung, who is it?

I gave a sigh of relief when I saw a tall handsome guy, leaning out of the doorframe. He smirked seeing me standing at the doorstep.

- Hyung, where are your good manners? Take her inside – said this tall guy.

- Changmin, go away, ok? – Yoochun seemed a bit irritated.

- No, I won’t – he stated plainly, walking up to both of us. – Omo! You have food! Sorry, hyung…

                   The guy called Changmin pushed Yoochun away and pulled me inside. Soon I was standing in the living room, being observed by the four guys. I felt like a monkey in a zoo to be honest. I didn’t know whether I should smile, say hi or just run away the furthest I can. Fortunately, Yoochun came to his senses and stood beside me, knitting his eyebrows. This was the longest silence I’ve ever had in my life I can tell you. Why does time always crawl in such situations? I don’t understand it.

- Yoochun-ah, introduce her – said one of the guys with quite a deep voice.

- She… She is one of my students. It’s Park Sanghwa – said Yoochun hesitantly.

- Oh, so you’re this famous girl Yoochun hyung told us about – exclaimed Changmin, still smirking: I think he enjoyed a lot this awkward situation.

- Changmin, please – Yoochun closed his eyes as if he was praying for patience. – Sanghwa-ah, they are my friends. It’s Yunho (it was the one who asked Yoochun to introduce me), Jaejoong, Junsu and Changmin.

- Nice meeting you – I bowed low. – I guess I came in a wrong moment. Take this, songsaengnim and share it with your friends. And sorry for disturbance – I handed Yoochun food, taking a step back so as to leave them.

- Please, stay – said Junsu happily. – You’ve made all this food. It would be inappropriate to eat it without you, right Yoochun?

                    Everyone turned their eyes to him. Yoochun contorted his lips as he felt this invisible pressure from his friends, who were eyeing him now threateningly. He sighed but nodded and shifted his eyes to me.

- He’s right, Sanghwa-ah. Stay.

- Really? Can I? – I couldn’t hide my happiness and I didn’t even bother trying to hide it.

- Yeah, you can – Yoochun chuckled seeing my childish side. - Sit down; I’m going to get the plates for all this delicious stuff that you’ve brought.

                    I sat as he had told me. I still felt eyes of the other four, which made me extremely flustered. Jaejoong looked at his friends with reproof and then said to me with a warm voice.

- Don’t worry, Sanghwa-ah. We don’t bite – he chuckled seeing my doubtful face. – Seriously, we don’t bite. So you’re a student of Yoochun, huh… How does he cope with a new school? We’re a bit worried about him, you see.

- He’s doing just fine. He’s already everyone’s favourite – I said, smiling lightly. – You don’t have to worry, I’ll keep an eye on him for you.

- Really? That’s good to hear.

- What are you guys talking about? Don’t lead her astray! – Yoochun walked in, holding plates in his hands.

- Sanghwa-ah promised to look after you when we can’t – said Yunho. – She’s just as lovely as you described her.

- So you were talking about me huh – I laughed, looking at embarrassed Yoochun.

- Yeah… We’re neighbours after all. Well, guys, let’s eat before things get even more dangerous for me, ok?

                    Everyone burst out laughing. Yoochun’s friends were just as awesome as he himself. All of them were easy-going and had a fantastic sense of humour (especially Changmin who had a sarcastic one, very similar to mine).  We spent the entire day together talking about various things. I played a lot of tricks on Junsu with Yoochun and Changmin. Junsu didn’t mind to be the victim as long as he was everyone’s favourite teddy bear. As the guys bid their goodbyes and Yoochun walked them to the door, I started cleaning up all the mess. I couldn’t believe what had happened actually. I spent Saturday with my teacher and his friends, who didn’t mind that I was 10 years younger (they actually said I behave as if I were an adult). Yoochun returned and leant on the doorframe, watching me silently.

- Leave it be – he said finally. – Come on, I’ll show you something.

                     I gave him a nod and followed him to another room. I gasped when I saw a big beautiful white piano in the middle of the room. Yoochun smiled as he saw my admiration for the instrument. He sat down at the piano and stretched his fingers. After a short hesitation, I joined him on the seat.  Yoochun cleared his throat and finally pressed the piano keys. The melody he was playing was calming. I closed my eyes, letting music feed my senses. Suddenly, I heard a quiet deep voice singing. I opened my eyes to see Yoochun singing a soothing lullaby.

After the after glow sets,
I’m going towards you,
Following the lights which turn on one by one

I’ll embrace you,
Before the cold wind makes your shoulders flinch

I love you,
The foolish you,
You’re so precious to me

                    I smiled seeing him like this. I felt as if I knew about something the others didn’t. As Yoochun finished the lullaby, I clapped my hands quietly.

- It was truly beautiful. Maybe you should have been an idol, not a teacher – I turned my head to face him. – You deny people such music! They have a right to get to know your talent!

                    Yoochun remained silent for a moment.  Suddenly, he took a deep breath and looked straight into my eyes. I felt shivers down my spine as he never looked at me this way. It seemed that he was tired of something but I didn’t know of what. Finally, Yoochun said only one sentence. One sentence that made me the happiest girl on the earth.

- You’re the only crowd I need, Sanghwa-ah.


Mmm yeah. That's the 3rd part. I hope the situation with Yoochun is not too quickly. I just felt that it is the right thing to put right there. It doesn't mean that they are actually together ;) And I hope you'll like this chapter as well :)