Chapter Seven

Part Time Princess

I blankly stare at my desk. There a box lies. Peacefully lies there. Like it didn't knew it's gonna ruin someone else's life. Inside that box, one's life would be imprisoned. With that box, are the chains that would be binding me forever. That box will kill me. I layed my back, stared at the ceiling. If it was another person, would they be happy if they knew that they're gonna marry the prince? Why was I born in this household?

I hugged my pillow, which has a picture of Yunho of TVXQ. I specially made this pillow to feel that I sleep beside Yunho. But it doesn't make me feel any comfort, right now. I guess nothing will ever be my comfort.

I love this family. I love my parents, I love my Oppa but when I knew I would be married to that bastard. I was having second thoughts.

I cried myself to sleep. I know it wouldn't change anything but I still let everything out. Just to make me feel a little better.

"YAH! BANG MINAH! WILL YOU WAKE UP? YOU'LL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!"

I was awaken by my father's loud voice. I changed into my uniform and head outside to eat my breakfast.

"Yah! Minah! What happened to your face?"

"Were you crying yourself to sleep?"

"Oh! My poor princess!" My father came to me and wrapped me inside a warm hug. "Appa!" I tighten the hug but my mother came in and break our hug. "That's why your daughter is such a cry baby! It's because you are too soft for her!" Mother was scolding my fatherm it is true that father had showered too much love for us, especially me, since I am a girl.

"I'll be going!" I slipped my shoes on. Getting ready to go to school. "Yah! Ugly! You'll go to school looking like that?" I just ignored Yongguk Oppa's omsult to me and went to school.

Ahyoung and Hyeri were busy with there faces that they didn't even noticed me. I layed my head on my desk. I sighed. "Why? Why?" I cried.

"Yah! Minah, did you forget that we have a quiz today?" Sojin asked me. Now, I remembered. It didn't even slipped onto my mind, since I was busy dealing that bastard. I started hitting my head on my desk. "I'm doomed. I'm doomed."

The class started with the distribution of our last week's quiz. I mostly got the wrong answer, leaving me with 25 points. We then proceeded to our quiz. Everything seemed foreign to me. I don't even remember I had ever encountered these words. Everything is a jargon, a puzzle that I'll never solve.

I stood up and went to my locker. Our locker were placed at the back of the classroom. I opened my locker to place my books there. I've felt my phone vibrate, I pulled it out of my jacket. It was a message from my mother.

 

UMMA♡

You will be fetch by the Palace staffs after your class. Your training will start. Be a good girl, Minah

 

I placed my head inside my locker. "Please, eat my alive."

"Yah! Minah! Don't kill yourself. I've got a lower score than you."

"Don't be sad, let's just eat tteokbokki later? Huh? What do you say, Minah?"

Spending time with them, will I be able to do that after I become the saejabin? If it was only about the score or grade, I would be able to recover from it. Infact, it is a matter that I can't tell anyone.

Another class ended, I still have time to reject that marriage. But even if I refuse

I understand, Minah, that you don't want to get married yet. It's because you are still young, but I ask you to respect the Daewang's wish. No one is allowed to break the Daewang's wish.

It's hard to say no to Queen Seohyun. It's hard to refuse such things. It was something no one can break, but can I take that risk? And sacrifice my life to someone else?

"What do you think if someone would get married at the age of 17?" My friends looked so suprise by my sudden question. "Why are you asking that? Are? Ey! That's impossible. You are not even dating anyone!" Ahyoung playfully hitted my shoulder. "It's just... just a thought that I am having, I was just curious"

"Marrying at this age, 17. Let's calculate it the average Korean age span, 70. In total, you will spend 53 years of your life if you are married at this age." Sojin explained to me. If it's Sojin, you would really hear alot of reasoning and rationale. Sojin is a good friend of mine that helps to dumb down some explanation.

"I ..." I stood up realizing that being married to that jerk for an estimated 53 years, can I endure it. Would I be alive? "Yah! Minah, you are getting weirder and weirder, everyday." Hyeri's words brpught me back to our conversation. "Uh... yeah. I realized that, too!" I agreed with her. It's so unlikely of me to zone out. "I think our Minah is worried about her class standing." Ahyoung was teasing me. She was being obvious about it. "It's not like your mom would be even surprise with ypur grade?"

"What if, the things you thought that only exist in shoujo mangas, existed in real life?"

"That would be absurd!"

"It's extremely impossible, but it would be .. ahh, it won't happen"

"Minah, you should stop hanging around with Ahyoung and Hyeri."

I laughed at them. "Thank you, you guys!" I huddled them into a hug. A really tight hug. I might not be able to do it soon.

"Minah, did you forget? You are incharge of getting the art supplies at the Film and Arts Building" A classmate of us reminded me. "Was it today?" I asked. "If it was tomorrow, I wouldn't have said it to you. You should go now! Hurry! That's our next class!" I hurriedly ran. Not because I was in a hurry but I didm't want to bump onto that Jerk. I was walking over the bridge that connects our building and Film and Arts Building.

I saw the jerk fast approaching. I don't think he saw me, so I hurriedly hid myselft on a corner wall. I was about to check if that jerk was still around. "Don't think I didn't see you."

"W-what are you doing? You are following me now?" I asked nervously. I didn't even bother hiding it.

"Why would I follow such an ugly, human being?"

"Tsk!" I glared at him. I saw him clenched his jaw. He was annoyed at how I looked at him. "You, jerk! You are so dead!"

I positioned myself to kick him on his face. One... two... three....

"Ah!"

I slipped on the floor. I just humiliated myself again. The prince then looked at me. He smiled. Not because of me, well it was because I was so stupid.

"You didn't even touched me. Or gave me any harm" he was laughing as he left. I stood up and shouted at him. "You jerk! I hate you!"