Chapter Six

Part Time Princess

As I stormed out. Away from that jerk prince, I wiped these tears I was trying to hold in. "Did I even planned these things?" I sighed and ruffled my hair in frustration. "It's like the world is punishing me. It's like God is punishing me." I started to stomp me feet, like a little kid that I am. "Is it wrong not to like that arrogant Jerk?" I just closed my eyes. Trying to think about my family. It's not like I even have a choice.

Should I go back to the prince and apologize? I bit my lip, feeling embarassed. Why did I even did that? "No! Minah, it is not wrong. He was the wrong one." I nodded, agreeing with myself. "But what should I do? I need to meet the elders" I hitted myself. Punishing myself for being stupid. "Why do I even do things to embarass my self" I pouted as I walk in circle. Like I was thinking, I can't even think straight.

"Bang Minah-ssi?" I looked up as I heard my name. I immediately bowed when I saw the Queen. "Queen Taeyeon, It's an honor to see you" I was still bowing. I read somewhere that commoners aren't allowed to look at the royalties when they are around. "Minah-ssi, you could stop bowing" I could feel Queen Taeyeon's hands. Reaching me. She was trying to help me stand. I stopped her. "Queen Taeyeon, I read somewhere that we, commoner, were not allowede to see the royalties eye to eye." I heard her laugh. "Where did you read that?" She asked, full of curiousity. Full of amusement. "I... I read it on the internet." I heard her laugh again, which sounds sincere, not forced. I stood up and looked onto her face. She was really pretty. It seems like she was a doll that came to life. She smiled at me. "It is not true." She placed her hands on my shoulder. "Please take care of my son, and our people" i could see sadness in her eyes. I wonder why. I wanted to ask but is far too rude. Since, I am a stranger. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a stranger, lurking around in the palace. Feeling all important.

"Come on now, let's go and meet the elders" I nodded. Agreeing, since I can't do anything about it. That is the only thing why I went here, to meet the elders.

I am now seated in front of the jerk. With the elders. I can't help but squirm. I think I am even sweating. I want to hide my nervousness but I guess it was showing.

"I know that this is hard for you." Queen Dowager Seohyun looked down, like she was feeling all the burden that I was feeling. Even at an old age, Queen Dowager Seohyun is full of grace and compassion. "But the palace needs it's ruler. Without an heir, it would be a disaster." She closed her eyes. Like she envisioned a dark South Korea. I gulped. Feeling all the hardship I would face. I bowed before I said "I know, Queen Seohyun, I might not be born in a royal family but I will do my best to become a princess that everyone can look up to." I bit my lips. I am still nervous. I held onto my skirt. I don't even know if I said the right things.

The king laughed, maybe. "What a nice princess." He cleared his throat, to change the mood of the conversation. "I'm sorry if it was all of a sudden. Both of you are still young, but the sudden death of my father, the King" The King looked at his wife, Queen Taeyeon, before continuing. "And I on the other hand is not in a good condition. That's why the marriage, needs to push through as soon as possible." The King has a lot to say. I could sense it but the jerk here has to ruin everything.

"But Ahba-mama! You don't need to reveal that everything to her!" He pointed to me. Like he is accusing me things I had never done. Tsk, this Jerk "A complete stranger" He was glaring at me. His glare is the scariest thing I had ever felt. I just lowered my gaze. Not trying to look at any of them. "She—"

"Will you stop it Byunghun-gun?" Queen Taeyeon Stopped her son. You could feel her anger from her tone. The King looked uncomfortable. His breathing seemed abnormal. "Is that how you will treat your future wife?" The king said. Having difficulting in saying every word. "Junha, just don't say anything."

I could see Byunghun's body shaking. Shaking in anger. What did I even do to make him this angry? I wanted to cry. I was all confused to. It's not just him who is having a hard time.

"I'm sorry about that Minah." I could feel that the Queen was so sorry about her son's attitude. "I don't know what has gotten onto him." Queen Seohyun looked so disappointed with her grandson as she kept on shaking her head.

"It's because he wants to marry someone else" the Queens were both shocked by the King's statement. It was like hearing it for the first time. As I heard it, I felt a sting. I just looked down. I already knew it but I still felt disappointed.

The meeting ended earlier as expected. I tried to roam around the palace, since I never got the chance to look around. This is where I am gonna live anyways. That meeting was the longest talk I had ever been in. It was short, in terms of the time but it felt like forever being there. All the tension made everything difficult. "Tsk! That jerk!" I kicked a small stone. Pretending it was Byunghun. The Almighty Jerk. Wonder where he got that haughty attitude of his. His parents were really nice, especially the Queen. I smiled as I remember them. My lips formed a frown as I remembered that jerk.

"I don't even like you. Tsk!" I was making face to the flowers. Like they were the jerk I hated my whole life. "You, don't like me?"

"Huh?" I looked up to see a guy in front of me. "I wasn't talking about you" in front of me, the guy looked all confused. He looks familiar. "Ah! I thought you already hate me." He smiled in relief. "Why would I hate a guy that I never saw?" I smiled back at him. "But you looked familiar, though" my forehead formed lines from being confuse.

"I am your classmate." He reminded me. "The transfer student. I seat behind you" This guy smiles alot. And he has the aura of a prince. He should've been the prince, instead of that jerk.

"Ah!" I nodded as I remembered him. "But what are you doing here?"

"Just visiting the palace, since I had been living on a foreign country." He looked around. Sniffing the fresh air. Enjoying the nature, the culture. I smiled again. He is cute. I also did what he did. Just enjoy thw moment, Minah, don't think about the jerk.

"But what are you doing here...uhm?" He tilted his head. Like he was remembering my name. I saw that he was having a hard time remembering my name. But since, I haven't had a time to introduce myself to him, now wouldn't be a bad idea right?

"Bang Minah" I said to him. "My name is Bang Minah" I said again. Before asking him "And you are?"

"Donghae, Lee Donghae." He bowed 90 degrees which made me laugh "nice to meet you, Minah-ssi" I also bowed 90 degrees. "But, really what are you doing here?" He asked again. Full of curiousity.

"Just, just" I smiled. Hiding my true reasons. "Visiting, like you"

 

------------------------------------------

I realized that I wrote Lady Taeyeon on the first chapter and while here I wrote Queen Taeyeon. Just to make things clear, it wasn't a mistake. In the first chapter, Taeyeon wasn't the Queen yet but right now she is the reigning Queen.

Hope you like it guys!

Comments are well appreciated! :3 Have a nice day

- B