Chapter Five

Part Time Princess

"Yah! Should we eat tteokbokki after school?" Ahyoung was aking Hyeri. I heard Hyeri disagreeing. "Shouldn't we control what we eat?" I heard Hyeri sigh. "Look at my tummy." She was rubbing her tummy. "I am getting fat. You too Ahyoung! How can the prince notice us now?" She layed her head onto her table.

"But he will never notice us, even if we starve ourselves to death!" Ahyoung protested. "Ah.. that's right" Hyeri agreed. Which is really, really something impossible to happen.

"Yah! Lee Hyeri!" I stood up and checked Hyeri's temperature. Maybe she is sick. She and Ahyoung never agreed to anything. They would always bicker to each other. "Are you sick? Where does it hurt? Should we bring you to the hospital?"

"Yah! Bang Minah! What has gotten onto you? Let's just eat huh?" Ahyoung is now smiling at me. "I know you love eating so much!"

It is true that I love eating. I love eating more than anything. I love it as I love my parents. I love it as I love fashion designing. Even so..

I sighed. "I can't." I looked down. "I wish I could." Why does this world gone mad? Everything had turned upside down.

"Maybe you are the sick one, Minah-chi" Ahyoung hugged me from behind. "Are you okay? Huh?"

 

"I—"

 

"Everyone!" Sojin came in. She is our class representative. "Listen carefully, okay?" She cleared . "We have a new classmate! Whoohoooo!"

 

Everyone clapped and cheered, well except for me. I don't even have an energy to do anything. Why does it have to be me? Of all people?

 

"Hello, Everyone! My name is Lee Donghae" I looked up and saw a guy. He has this prince like aura in him. Well, he looks nice. "Everyone be nice to him? Okay?" Sojin asked us politely. The guy would be sitted behind me since that is the only empty seat. Once he was seated, Hyeri, who sits beside him, jumps onto his lap. "Since you don't have any books, let us share mine." Hyeri is now giggling non-stop. I see her enjoying the moment while transfer student is really really uncomfortable. "Yah! Lee Hyeri, stop it!" Sojin hitted Hyeri's shoulders. "Hyericules is her nickname. You should keep that in mind, Donghae-yah" Sojin reminded him. I saw him nodded, like he was keeping it on his mental notes.

 

Sojin dragged Hyeri back to her seat. Ahyoung, who sits infront of Hyeri, laughs at Hyeri. They are again bickering. "Donghae is mine, uh?" Hyeri threatened Ahyoung. "Then the prince should be mine!" Ahyoung announced. "Yah. You two should stop with your delusions" Sojin reminded them. "Who are we to even own the prince. Who does the prince even belong to?"

 

"Bang Minah" I heard my name. And I saw everyone shocked. Who wouldn't? I am never called by anyone, well aside from that displine coordinator. "Yes?" I stood up. "I already excused you from your school, schedule. We should get going" said the guy, he is the same guy who went at our house yesterday.

"Uh.. but I forgot to bring my—"

"You don't need to worry. We already have everything you need."

 

I sighed as I stood up. Bringing all my things. I could sense everyone so shock. I am still shock about everything. "The world really had gone mad" I whispered. Wishing people could hear it, wishing they can't. How did I even end up in this situation?

 

"Umma! Appa! There is NO WAY! NO WAY! I would marry that bastard!" I protested.

"Minah! Watch your words. He is not a bastard. He is a prince!" My father reminded me. Mother kept on hitting my arms. "Do you think the prince wants to marry you? Huh? Who are you? Huh?"

"And besides, he has already proposed to his girlfriend. Why would he marry me? Huh?"

"What are you talking about? The palace already said that you will marry the prince. You should bring the engagement ring to the palace"

"I guess he had gone crazy. Since his girlfriend rejected him."

"Yah, Minah what are you talking about?"

"He has a girlfriend. And she is totally a beauty. I saw him proposing to her but she rejected him. She came from a wealthy family, and she is quite popular too. She is from the dance department of our school and she's a ballet dancer who has a bright future. What am I compared to her?"

"Who is who? This story is so twisted, I can't even get a hold of it!"

"Yah, Bang Yongguk! Stay out of this talk."

"But.... uh.. yeah!"

"Minah, think about it" Mother calmly asked me.

"What? Should I marry him for money? Huh?" I asked. I know I shouldn't say or ask things like this. I am kinda loosing it. Then I saw all the red tag on our things. "I .... I will marry him. Don't worry." I dragged myself back to my room and locked myself inside.

 

Is this the palace? I never thought that this place was this big. I was brought here so that I could formaly meet the palace elders and... that JERKHUN! I should act so nice. And respectful. I saw my reflection in front of an elevator. Elevator? They have this things inside the palace?

"Are you that stupid?"

Without even looking I know that that unwanted comment came from jerkhun! "Did I said that out loud? Aish" I mentally cursed myself. "This is embarassing" I told myself.

"Who do—" I stopped myself from saying unnecessary words that would turn into badmouthing the high and almighty handsome Prince Jerkhun.

"Minah? Bang Minah?" I saw a guy who could pass as a grandfather. He looks like he is on his late 60's . "Oh! It is you!"

"Ah, you know me?"

"Yes! You had never changed. You are still cute. When you were little your grandpa would bring you to the palace." He was smiling. Telling those memories like they were formed yesterday.

"I don't remember it but I guess this was fate?" I bit my lower lip. I think I said something unnecessary, again.

"Oh! I will leave you two. I need to head to my work" I bowed to him and said my goodbye. I was smiling as I looked at his slowing fading back.

"You think this was fate?" Jerkhun was smirking. "Don't make me laugh! This is no way. No way, your fate!" He shook his head. "I will never marry you. There is no way, I'm gonna marry you" He kept saying. As if it could change anything. As if those were the magic words that the fairy god mother or the wizard had been waiting for.

"There is no way, in my life I had imagined marrying a jerk like you. But what can I do? There is no way to get out of this situation. We are just both stuck into a situation that we had never imagined. And there is no way out. Did you ever thought, I wanted this?" I asked him. My eyes started to feel wet. I don't want to cry, but my eyes won't listen. Don't cry. Don't cry I keep on telling my eyes. "There is no way, I ever fantasized about you. There is no way I am going to love you. stupid jerk!" I stormed out before that jerk could see my tears.