It started with a lie (Sooyoung, Seohyun) Part 4

Drabbles of my thought

As the saying goes, fire is not something that can be wrapped up by paper. Therefore, it wasn’t soon before their relationship came under the scrutiny of Seohyun’s dad. Like all rich and famous people, he was completely against the idea of them dating. Even the thought of it disgusted him so much, he threaten to have Sooyoung thrown behind bars if she were to ever see Seohyun again.

Knowing that her dad was a man of his words, Seohyun stayed away from Sooyoung, in fear of implicating her. Forcing herself to cut off all contacts with Sooyoung, Seohyun locked herself up in the room, refusing to see or speak to anyone. Her face was awash with tears almost all of the time and she grew thinner as the days went past.

The sounds of rattling pebbles on her balcony window roused her from her disturbed sleep and Seohyun hurriedly threw on a jacket before heading out to the balcony. Looking down, she was pleasantly surprised to see Sooyoung holding up a card with the words, Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair, or if thou wilt not, I will just climb the vine. The words on the card brought a smile to her face, and she finally managed a laugh, after living on nothing but tears for weeks. 

Watching Sooyoung climb up hand over hand on the vine made Seohyun realized how important Sooyoung was to her. Each time Sooyoung lost her grip and slipped, Seohyun could feel a part of her lurch together in fear and anxiety. The moment Sooyoung clambered over the railing and landed on the balcony, Seohyun felt her heart settle down at last, and she heaved a sigh of relief.

Before she could protest at the unexpected visit, Seohyun felt Sooyoung’s arms circle around her waist, pulling her in close. Resting her head on Sooyoung’s shoulder, Seohyun clung on as tightly as she could, in fear of losing her again. The moonlight basked over the both of them, bringing warmth and filling the room with a nostalgic feeling. Looking down at the figure in her embrace, Sooyoung smiled before reaching down to caress Seohyun’s cheeks. Lifting her chin, Sooyoung could feel the warmth of Seohyun’s breath brushing the top of her lips and she stared lovingly into those soft hazel eyes before closing in the last inch between them.

The moment their lips touched, Seohyun found herself leaning in towards Sooyoung, yielding in the strength of the kiss. Parting her lips slightly, she tightened the grasp she had on Sooyoung, allowing her to engulf her entirely, never wanting to let go. Overwhelmed by the feeling of serenity and love, Seohyun held on as tight as she could, hoping that this night would never end.

==========================================================================================================================

 Morning dawned eventually and rays of sunlight streamed in casually through the seams of the curtains, bringing light to the dully lit room. Soft knockings sounded on the door, echoing around the room. Finding no response, the door eventually opened, and a single searching eye peeped out from behind the crack.

Realizing that the room was empty, the door was thrown open hurriedly and the figure of a cleaner appeared at the entrance of the room. Heading into the room for her daily cleaning routine, she was surprised to find a well made bed and a note half buried under the table lamp. Opening the note in a flash of curiosity, she quickly scanned through the contents and ran out of the room to seek for help almost instantaneously.

Crashing hard into Seohyun’s dad along the way, she apologized profusely before handing over the note to him with trembling fingers. Knowing how things will unfold, she bowed as low as she possibly could and scuttled off in a hurry, not wanting to be there when he blows his top. Hiding safely in the other side of the walkway, she watched him open up the note and reading the contents that were on it. Turning a deep shade of purple, he let out a roar of fury and tossed the note onto the ground before stomping off into his room. The sound of his roar attracted the attention of the maids nearby and they gathered around the note wanting to know what had happened. Picking up the note, one of them read softly to the crowd “Dear dad, I am sorry for leaving like this. Don’t bother looking for me for I have brought shame to our family’s name by loving the one person you did not approve of. Before I go, I just want to tell you that I love you and that I am sorry for leaving like this. Your unfilial daughter, Seo Joo Hyun.“