It started with a lie (Sooyoung, Seohyun) Part 3

Drabbles of my thought

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months like a flash of light, soon it was the time for them to spend their 1st anniversary together. Wanting to wow Seohyun with an anniversary that she will remember for life, Sooyoung cracked her head and came up with many ridiculous ideas before finally settling on one. Crafting the idea into an actual workable plan had taken her a long time and Sooyoung was glad she had started months in advance.

Looking at the dress hanging from the cupboard’s door, Sooyoung smiled to herself and visualized the plan in her head again. It had taken her weeks to secure a reservation for the honeymoon suite in the Park Hyatt Hotel and forever to perfect the piano piece she had specially learnt for the of the surprise. Hugging the dress close to her body, Sooyoung happily twirled around on a foot and fell behind onto the bed. Landing on a sleeping Hyoyeon, she felt a leg connect hard onto her sending her crashing onto the floor. Rubbing at the bruise that was rapidly forming on her , she glared at Hyoyeon before laughing and dancing around the room again.  

That day finally came and Sooyoung found herself outside Seohyun’s house even before dawn had broken. Looking at the time displayed on the dashboard, she tapped her fingers impatiently on the steering wheel and wished that the time could move faster.

By the time Seohyun had woken up and arrived downstairs, she found Sooyoung fast asleep in the backseat of the car. A deck of cards laid scattered around the floor mat behind and loud snoring sounds could be heard above the music that blasted in the speakers. Taking off her jacket, she gently covered Sooyoung up as best as she could and lowered the volume of the music to allow her to sleep more comfortably. Brushing back the fringe that hung over Sooyoung’s face, she smiled and flipped open a book that she had found on the dashboard.

Stirring from the little nap she had unconsciously taken, Sooyoung glanced at the watch on her wrist before jolting up from the backseat of the car. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she glanced around and sighed in relief when she noticed Seohyun at the front of the car. Taking off the jacket that Seohyun had placed around her, she silently positioned herself behind the passenger’s seat. Counting off to 3, she dangled the jacket before Seohyun’s eyes and wrapped her up in it. Securing the jacket with her arms, she hugged the back of the passenger’s seat tightly and propped her head forward to look at Seohyun with a grin on her face.

Lowering the book in her hands, Seohyun sniffled a little before smiling weakly in reply. Her nose looked reddish and dark circles had started to form around her eyes. Her face was pale and she felt hot to the touch. Ensuring Sooyoung that she was fine; she pulled the jacket tighter around herself and told her to start the car.

Arriving at the lobby of Park Hyatt Hotel, Sooyoung watched on in concern as Seohyun grew paler. Her forehead felt hot and clammy to the touch and it was pretty obvious that she was running a fever. Checking in to their room, Sooyoung tucked Seohyun under the covers and told her to rest at once. Apologizing profusely for falling sick on their anniversary, Seohyun shivered under the duvet and sniffled before looking at Sooyoung with a guilty expression on her face. Expecting Sooyoung to be disappointed with the outcome, she was surprised when Sooyoung hopped into the empty space beside her and snuggled under the covers.

Wrapping her arms around Seohyun, Sooyoung hugged her tightly from the back, hoping to warm her up and stop her from shivering further. Resting her chin on the crook of Seohyun shoulder, she smiled and shushed her before whispering softly into her ears “Its ok. Today may be our first anniversary but it will not be our last. So…in order for us to enjoy the rest of the upcoming anniversaries, you have to rest and make yourself healthy again.” Pulling her in closer, Sooyoung gently pecked Seohyun on the side of her cheek and ordered her to close her eyes.

In the next two days, Sooyoung was kept busy running errands to and fro the hotel room. One minute she would be feeding her porridge bought from the nearby stalls and the next minute, she would be running off to buy better flu and fever medications. In the room, she would be rushing about ensuring that Seohyun always had a cup of water within her reach and when she was finally free, she would stay by the side of the bed, holding onto Seohyun's hand while she moaned and shivered under the thick duvets.

Seohyun finally got better on the third and was able to sit up on bed by herself. Glancing around the area for Sooyoung, she found her in a deep slumber on the other side of the bed and smiled at their firmly latched on hands. Gently removing her hands from within the grasp of Sooyoung's, Seohyun pulled the duvets and properly covered her before walking slowly towards the toilet. Nearly tripping over Sooyoung backpack, she saw a pile of sheet music sticking out from the ped compartment and decided to take a closer look. Flipping open the file, she saw the circles around the various notes and signs on the music score and realized that this was the surprise Sooyoung had originally planned for her.

Tears welled in her eyes at the thought of Sooyoung learning a piano piece specially for her and she was shocked when a familiar looking sleeve dangled before her eyes. A voice chirped out from beside her and Sooyoung's face appeared into view "You can use this to dry your tears, but try not to blow your nose on this okay??" Laughing at the familiarity of the pick up line, Seohyun pulled Sooyoung tightly into her embrace, thanking her for everything she had done for her.

Pulling apart after spending a long time in each other's arms, Sooyoung smiled as she tugged on Seohyun's arms. "Even though I can't play you the song now, I could still sing it for you. Wanna hear it?" Nodding her head, Seohyun leant back onto the couch they were on and rested her head on Sooyoung's shoulder. The intro blasted from the phone's speaker and Seohyun smiled at the song Sooyoung had chosen. Clearing , Sooyoung started singing.

Firehouse - I live my life for you.

You know you're everything to me and I could never see
The two of us apart
And you know I give myself to you and no matter what you do
I promise you my heart

I've built my world around you and I want you to know
I need you like I've never needed anyone before
I live my life for you
I want to be by your side in everything that you do
And if there's only one thing you can believe is true
I live my life for you

I dedicate my life to you, you know that I would die for you
But our love would last forever
And I will always be with you and there is nothing we can't do
As long as we're together

I just can't live without you and I want you to know
I need you like I've never needed anyone before

I live my life for you
I want to be by your side in everything that you do
And if there's only one thing you can believe is true
I live my life for you

I've built my world around you and I want you to know
I need you like I've never needed anyone before
I live my life for you
I want to be by your side in everything that you do
And if there's only one thing you can believe is true
I live my life for you


I live my life for you.
 
Ending the song, Sooyoung smiled and stared into Seohyun's eyes. Leaning in, she wrapped her arms around Seohyun's waist before pulling her in closer. Everything felt magical the minute their lips connected. Amongst the dizziness and clinging on for life, Sooyoung felt something changed inside of her, never to be reversed again. Breathing in unison, she softly uttered the words she had never once said before to anyone, "I love you and I always will."