The Gift.

Our Promises

Sunhae POV

I felt weird. I maybe look like an idiot right now. The worst is, I didn't seem to remember the person in front of me. He said that his name was Key. Key oppa. and the pretty girl beside him is Yoona unnie. I was so sad that they aren't my parents.

So, where are my parents? Did I even have one? Did I have a best friend? Did I used to be happy all the time?

Key oppa said I've been sleeping for a week. That's quite a long time, isn't it?

I like Key oppa and Yoona Unnie much. They look perfect at each other. Key oppa is cute, and nags all the time, while Yoona Unnie is calm, beautiful, and caring.

One day, a beautiful lady came over to see me. She's gorgeous! But her face is sad. She my hair with love and kissed my forehead.



Since that day, she always stays by my side. I really like this lady, but I don't even know her. I was too scared to ask.

"Ahjumma.. I'm sorry if I'm kind of rude, but who are you?" I asked her one day.

She only cried, too difficult to answer my question.

Yoona Unnie caressed my cheek. "She's your real mom, honey. And from now on, she will always here to stay with you." I gasped.

"Umma?" I jumped down from the bed and caress her cheeks.

"Umma? Waah, my Umma is so beautiful.."  I said in amazement. I hugged her and she hugged me back tightly. She's so warm and calming.

"Who is my appa?"

"Your appa already passed away, honey."

I pulled away and sobbed.

"How could I?" I buried my face in my palms. Yoona Unnie caressed my back.

"I'm such a bad daughter. I didn't even know my Umma or Appa!!!"

"It's not your fault honey." Umma wiped my tears. "You just lost your memories. But I'm sure your memories will come back to normal someday."

I nodded. "But why can't I remember a single thing about my own mother? Family comes first, doesn't it?"

"We understand, honey. But there's nothing we can do about it."

"But we can try. We'll take you to some places and see if you remember something." Yoona Unnie said.

"Waah... Yoona Unnie is going to take me somewhere!" I giggled in happiness. "Umma, Yoona Unnie is going to take me somewhere!"

Umma giggled. "I heard, honey. Go on. Here, wear your hoodie and beanie!"

I nodded and wear them.

"Ready?" Yoona unnie asked.

"Mhm!" I grabbed her hand.


We walked through the streets and parks.

"Yoona unnie! Is it just me or, am I a really tall girl?" I looked at her who has almost same height as me. Only, she was taller.

She smiled.

"That's because--"

"Look! It's Key oppa!" I cut her. "Let's go surprise him, unnie!!"

I ran and hugged him from behind.

"Key oppa!!!" I smiled cutely.

"Hi there sweety, woah, you came here with Yoona?"

"Mhm! We were looking for something!"

"Looking for what?" He asked curiously.

"My memories, of course! I wanted to come back like the old me which, I don't know and I couldn't imagine how was it like. I just want to live normal! Umma said I can't go to school! I want to go to school! I want to have a best friend!"

"Whoa, hold it right there! You wanna have a best friend?"

"Yep!" I smiled. It should be fun to have a best friend.

"But, don't you already have one? I mean... two?"

"Who?" I asked curiously.

Key oppa pulled Yoona unnie to his side.

"Us!" They said.


I blinked couple of times. They frowned.

"You don't like us to be your best friend?" Key pouted.

"A-aniyo oppa!! You guys are awesome and I love you. But, you two look good together. I don't want to be a nuisance." I stuttered.

"What do you mean, honey?" Yoona unnie asked me.

"It's just that... you two are perfect together, even without me. I'm afraid if I'm going to be a someone 'between' your relationship."

I could see them blushing and I giggled.

"Yah!" He punched my arm lightly.

"Mianhae oppa. I just thought that I'm not good enough to be your best friend. I need someone who needs someone to be his or her best friend and I'm gonna look for that person."

"Girl, you watch drama too much." He giggled.

I pouted.

"Okay, if that's what you want, then." He grabbed my hand and put something in it. Something cold and feels like metal.

"ooh it's beautiful." I grinned looking at the necklace.

It looks familiar, like, I've seen it before.

"First of all, that was yours."

"Was it?" the necklace was a simple heart shaped. It says 'Jjong' on the back of it.

"Oppa, who's Jjong?" I asked without looking at him. My eyes still glued on the necklace.

There's something about this necklace.

"That is what you're gonna find out."

 

"Do I know him?"

"You knew him very well, Sunhae-ah. More than anyone else." Key oppa smiled.

"Oh. So he's my best friend? I want to meet him!"

"I'm afraid we can't grant that." Yoona Unnie said

"Why?"

"Because we don't know where he is. We searched for him for weeks but nada. He's really gone."

"But I really want to meet him" I frowned.

 

"Oppa, please?" I begged.

"Oh, sure, we'll find him for you." Key oppa forced a smile. I know I'm being such a crybaby, but I guess that's me.

"Thank you oppa!" I hugged him.

 

--------

 

Key POV

 

It's been a week but we can't still find Jonghyun.

Sunhae has discharged from the hospital. She was really happy to have herself back home.

She looks more brighter now. Her smile never left her angelic face.

 

Since what she said that day, Yoona and I have been awkward at each other. She kept looking away when my eyes accidentally bump into hers. This feeling is undescribeable, you know why? I felt my heart beating faster every time I see her. I always waiting for her presence at the campus, and I always feel relieved when she has already arrived and sat next to me. But still, I couldn't talk properly at her even if I tried. I always stuttered and being clumsy in front of her. Gosh, what is wrong with me?!

 

Hmm.. so here am I walking outside the gate, looking at the sky.

Jjong, My dearest Kim Jonghyun, where are you?

She really needs you.

She always smile to herself every night before she goes to sleep. That necklace. it's seems bothering her life so much. I shouldn't have gave it to her. She sometimes talk to it as if it's really HIM, Kim Jonghyun.

Jonghyun! I swear I'm gonna find you! I'm sorry for what I said earlier. Did you really have to leave? Did you mad at me for calling you selfish? I miss you, dinosaur.

Are you still thinking of me and Sunhae right now? Do you still love her?

 


End of Chapter 36

Thank you for your support chingu-deul!!!! saranghaeyo <333