♥ Chapter 6 ♥

♥ Daydream ♥

Beanie sat down, leaned her back against the wall and plugged her earphones in. With such a delightful feeling, she turned her favorite song on and hummed along.

“Warrior~~~ hoo!”, excitedly Beanie turned the volume louder so she didn’t realize that JunHong was there right behind her. But he didn’t care whether he was noticed or not. He just sat at another corner silently and rested his mind in peace. Who the hell would want to be annoyed by her?

And if someone should open their mouth first, it must be him. This was his private resting area, how dare she came here every day and made it hers? Even though there wasn’t any sign said “JunHong’s zone” but she was the very first student to come to this place. Why it was always her in everything?

She suddenly straightened her back up and prepared to do something. Clearing , she started her favorite rap part, “Simjange ullineun nae… … Aish, I always can do this! What’s wrong with me today?”.

Beanie pressed the ‘pause’ button and rewound the song, pressed play at that line again. “Simjange ullineun nae mari…”, she also messed it up this time. As her habit was to listen to this song, especially this LTE rap whenever she felt happy, Beanie didn’t know why she failed making it today.

JunHong opened one of his eyes, feeling uncomfortable with the noise. But his sister’s announcement was recalled in his mind: “If JunHong is found to bully Beanie, he will be expelled from school!”, he shuddered. Didn’t want to be involved in any more problems, he held in his sulk.

Shrugged all of the negative thoughts away, Beanie replayed, “Simjange ullineun… AISH JINJA! WHY CAN’T I JUST DO IT LIKE OFTEN?”.

“Ah you’re really annoying!”, JunHong couldn’t stand it anymore, he had to open his mouth, “Simjange ullineun nae mari nimalgwa dareuni hwaganani deureo samadi jansori… See? It’s easy! Why can’t you just do it for once?”. After grumbling her for ruining his nap, he just went back to sleep again.

Beanie dropped her jaw. Not only he knew that song, but also he could rap that part well. She had never thought they would have the same taste of music as well as his great rapping skill. Admirable, that was what the impression of him left in her at that moment.

“Do you… Do you want to… listen to music together with me?”, hesitantly she asked the blonde curly hair guy crossing his arms taking a nap on the other side of the veranda, with a monstrous mask covered loosely in front of his mouth.

“No!”, Beanie heard someone replying her, but she wasn’t sure if that was him as the mask cover his lips so she didn’t see they moved. Plus, that voice sounded expressionless like a robot voice, she thought it was in her imagination. What’s more, he didn’t open his eyes or make a single movement. To make sure, she asked again.

“I said NO!”, JunHong made it clear this time, gave her a sharp glance to warn that if she asked ever again, she wouldn’t see tomorrow.

Was scared by his cold look, Beanie rolled herself to her lap, leaned her head on her own hands, listened to the music and closed her eyes, trying to ignore him. “I just want to be friendly with you…”, she cooed. Her words weren’t meant to be heard by JunHong but the wind felt pity for her, so it helped her by passing them to his ears.

 JunHong opened his eyes, tentatively looked to her direction. Thinking for a while, he shifted towards her, and snatched one of the earphones out, “What song are you listening to?”, he plugged it into his ear and made a guess.

“When our eyes meet, please don’t avoid me
I know everything, you can’t hesitate, say it
You know that I like you too
I’ll wait, will you hug me?”

“Hmmm… SECRET’s Hesitant?”, he just picked out a song title that appeared in his mind.

Got her head up and look at him, Beanie smiled, “Oh you know this song too…”

“Not much. I don’t like love songs though”, coldly he replied.

When I call you I use my sweet voice
Text messages are filled with love
But why are you like that?
When we meet you act coldly”

JunHong was shivered by the cheesy lyrics. “Can’t you just change the song?”, he asked but didn’t wait for her allowance, he grabbed the music player from her hands and switched the music. Like sister, like brother. As HyunAe had never waited for Beanie’s agreement, her brother hadn’t either. “Oh this song is good… What the hell you do…”, he sang along and nodded to the rhythm.

“Yah be careful with my music player!”, Beanie took it back before he would drop it or accidentally throw it away.

JunHong rolled his eyes and criticized, “Why are you like that? If it’s broken, I’ll just buy you another!”

Beanie threw him a glance at his attitude acting like an imperious rich boy, “Don’t think that everything can be bought by money. This music player is very precious to me. My father bought it for me the last time we met and since then, I haven’t seen him…”. Her voice got weaker and softer as she felt sad with the painful truth that she had been living without a father.

“Yours too?”, JunHong took off the earphone to listen to her story more clearly and to talk to her without being disturbed by the music.

“What do you mean mine too?”, Beanie turned off the music player.

“My father doesn’t live with me either. He had gone since long ago…”, his voice trailed off as he also didn’t want to talk about that.

Suddenly both of them felt a frisson of sympathetic spreading in between. They exchanged look in the eyes then smiled sheepishly. Finally, they could be friends.

This was the first time Beanie shared the story about her father for a friend, especially a new friend, a guy and also the one who used to want to kick her out of school several hours ago. But strangely, he could understand that clearly as he was also in the same situation.

JunHong had never let anyone know how he thought about the absence of his father in his life. He didn’t want to show off his soft heart as well as his weak side. That was why he always acted coldly in order not to be too emotional. But when Beanie asked, he just couldn’t hide.

The bell rang broke their gaze at each other. Beanie immediately stood up and walked back to class while JunHong was still sitting there thinking, “Today they weren’t look alike anymore… That’s weird!”

He caught up with her right away and accompanied her to their class. The other students started talking behind their backs and gossiping around.

“They were fighting just several hours ago…”

“Will this foreigner student be his next girlfriend?”

“Ah… That can’t be! I’m going crazy now. How can they go with each other like that?”

“JunHong oppa is mine!”

“Who the hell is she huh?”

“Just ignore them!”, JunHong whispered to Beanie when she was a bit agitated by the rumors. And the students in their class were the ones that were surprised the most seeing them getting along with each other. No one knew what had happened.