Chen

EXO Mafia Collection

CHEN | kidnapping | pg

 

Jongdae’s leaning against a brick wall when he sees him. Eyebrows lift as he spots the man matching the description Wu Fan gave him. Gave him. Not Zitao. That meant Wu Fan wanted this one alive.

He convincingly creates an accident of bumping shoulders with the man in question, causing him to drop his bundle of envelopes to the ground. The man hisses in surprise and bends to retrieve them while Jongdae springs his trap.

“Let me help you with that,” Jongdae crouches, a dazzling smile gracing his flawless face. The man smiles weakly in return and nods before looking down, a patch of red burning on each of his cheeks. “I’m terribly sorry.”

“It’s all right.” The man extends a shy hand and Jongdae revels how smoothly this is going. “Joonmyeon.”

“Chen.” He shakes the offered hand gladly and even uses it to help pull Joonmyeon to his feet. The other man takes inventory of all his notes and nods to himself. Jongdae flits his hand to rest on Joonmyeon’s shoulder, squeezing tenderly. “Let me make it up to you?”

“Oh, no, it’s quite all right -- ”

“Please? My clumsiness is going to get me in trouble someday if I don’t make amends properly.” Jongdae rubs small circles into Joonmyeon’s shoulder.

“Well… Yes, I suppose.” The other cracks another shy smile and allows Jongdae to lead him down the cobblestone street.

They share small talk on the way to the café, Jongdae lying through his teeth the entire time about his profession and hobbies and knowing all too well that Joonmyeon is spouting the same kind of untruths as he.

“The café’s three blocks that way, isn’t it?” Joonmyeon observes, nodding towards town square. Jongdae’s face lights up with another convincing smile as he takes Joonmyeon’s wrist and continues walking in the opposite direction.

“There’s a new place down this way. Don’t you trust me?”

Joonmyeon is about to open his mouth in response when his back forcefully meets the brick wall of a dingy alleyway. Jongdae is holding him by the collar and trust suddenly smells a lot like ether.

//

When Joonmyeon wakes up, his eyes blink to adjust to the single light bulb glaring at him from above. He tries to get up - his arms are bound with rope. He tries to call out - his mouth is gagged with a strip of cloth.

“He’s awake.” A languid brunette says from the far wall. A tall, intimidating blond stands from the desk under the light and strides towards him. Joonmyeon can feel his pulse quicken in fear and distaste as he realized where he was.

“You’re too trusting, Joonmyeon.” Jongdae purrs from the shadows.