.part four.

Someday [One-Shot]

"Lu han? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be practicing?" Lee Soo Man asked with a frown drawing onto his lips as one of his popular idols entered his office.

 

Lu han bowed to show respect before speaking, "Seongsaeng-nim*, I wanted to talk to you about the latest evaluation for the trainees."

 

"What about it?" Soo Man asked, pulling open a folder, taking out the list of trainees who had passed the evaluation.

 

Lu han hesitated. He hadn't been nervous until now. This is what mattered, his next few words, "One of my friends, who is a trainee. She should have passed but she didn't. I heard news from her friend of what happened in the evulation room."

 

"Ah..." Soo Man nodded with a sigh in recognition of who he was speaking about, "_____. I was expecting her to pass as well, but she seemed to have made a mistake in her performance and it all went downhill with that."

 

"Yes." Lu han nodded. "But there was more. She didn't just mess up. Her friend told me that some of the evulators began doing... other things during her performance. They weren't paying attention, all most as if they didn't even care."

 

"Lu han..." Soo Man leaned forward on his arms, clasping his hands together. "What are you trying to say?"

 

"I'm saying..." Lu han took a deep breath. "That she was sabotoged. I don't know for sure... but during all the other evulations they were fine. So why did they act that way when _____ performed? It isn't fair, seongsaeng-nim."

 

Soo Man was quiet for a moment, digesting his news.

 

"You know this is a risky thing you are saying." Soo Man raised an eyebrow. "You are implying my evuluators are not doing there job."

 

Lu han hesitantly nodded, "Neh..."

 

Soo Man pursed his lips, "Lu han what if this was you? What if you saying this... meant that you had to be re-evaluated? What are you are saying would mean everyone who did pass would have to be re-evaluated."

 

Lu han was silent, he looked down. He knew what he was saying.

 

And if it was him, as Soo Man was saying, he wouldn't care. He would rather than you pass fairly than him unfairly.

 

"I know what I'm saying." Lu han eventually responded, still not meeting Soo Man's eyes.

 

Soo Man abruptly chuckled, causing Lu han to look back up, and leaned back in his seat. "Alright, Lu han. I'll believe you since I know how well EXO-M is doing right now. And of course, all of you are like my own children. I shall respect your words and heed your wishes."

 

Lu han's eyes widened, "W-What do you mean?"

 

Soo Man smiled, "I will give ______ another chance to audition. If she passes, I will put her into a group to train for debut. But if she fails..." he raised an eyebrow, "I will think of your decision to come here nothing more as an affection towards a trainee and you will be put on suspension and her no longer a trainee." 

 

Lu han smiled widely, he had no doubt you would pass. "THANK YOU!" He bowed deeply.

 

Soo Man weakly smiled, "I hope you are right to put so much trust in her."

 

Lu han took a breath of relief and smiled softly, "She'll pass, seongsaeng-nim. I know she will."

 

*Seongsaeng-nim : Teacher (what the SM artists call Lee Soo Man)

Picture is not mine! Credit to owner :)