Chapter 002 – Worst Nightmare

Thousand Years

Chapter 002 – Worst Nightmare

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RbcR_KSRB8

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this...

 

Months had passed and Seul Mi already forgotten about Jongup. It was painful, indeed… but she was thankful her bestfriend helped her in life.

 

How can she move on with life if there’s no one who supports, loves and cares for her?

 

Well, Yongguk is an exception.

He’d been a neighbor,

A friend,

A lover…

 

 

 

…and a father.

 

Yongguk had filled the responsibility Jongup had left empty. And Seul Mi cannot deny the fact that she had completely fallen for him.

 

 

 

 

-flashback-

“Congratulations Ms. Ahn, it’s a baby girl!” the OB-Gyn happily announced and they all looked at the screen.

Seul Mi can feel hot tears flowing down her cheeks.

Tears of joy… Tears of happiness… Tears of hope.

Yongguk is holding the other hand of Seul Mi and he flashed his gummy smile at her before kissing her temple.

 

The couple bowed at Dr. Shin and they happily went out of the hospital and Yongguk drove towards the Mall.

“Bang, what are we doing here?” she looked around as he parked his car.

“Oh are you tired already? I just wanted to shop some baby stuffs if that’s fine.” He caressed her face and smiled softly.

“Aniya, it’s fine…” Seul Mi’s lips then curved up to a smile and nodded.

 

She really felt the overflowing happiness Yongguk ‘s feelibg as they were shopping for clothes, toys and baby bottles.

Sigh. Seul Mi, you’re indeed very lucky with Bang Yongguk. She chuckled because of Yongguk’s dorkiness as he tried to put the small hat for baby girls and other stuffs.

 

-end of flashback-

 

 

 

 

 

Seul Mi run her fingers through her huge tummy slowly and she grinned widely. Baby Seol Jeong.

That’s the name they decided to give to their future child. Yes, they got it from Jongup and Seul Mi’s name but she wanted to be reminded that she is his child. Still.

It’s a candy to her ear whenever Yongguk call out her baby’s name while sticking his ear onto her tummy.

That’s his daily routine.

Morning, afternoon, after work, evening and even when Seul Mi’s asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

-flashback-

And one, and two, and three…”

All pregnant ladies moved their body carefully. And of them is Seul Mi. She decided to take these kind of exercises for pregnant woman. Because she found out that it was good for a soon to be mom like her and it calms both mind and body, providing  the physical and emotional stress relief your body needs throughout the experience of pregnancy.

 

The other women will look at her and squeal every single time… for Yongguk is beside her, guiding her. They thought she’s such a romantic and caring guy and could wish a husband like him, a man like him.

 

Even though Seul Mi said she’ll be okay alone, Mr. Bang here won’t just really let her.

 

“Careful babe…” he mumbled as he held her by the waist and moved by what the instructor is doing.

 

-end of flashback-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yongguk is talking with his friends while buying vitamins for Seul Mi. They just accidentally meet up and as usual, they knew Himchan is going to buy a .

 

“How’s your girlfriend?” Youngjae asked while all of their stuffs are being checked by the cashier.

“She’s good as usual, her due date may be 3 days or soon.”

 

“You should’ve been always by her side. You never know when the baby wants to come out.” Youngjae added.

 

The cashier raised an eyebrow at Himchan who handed her a with the money and just winked.

“Hyung, when will you change?” Zelo rolled his eyes that earned a glare from the older.

“Oh anyways, Bang, do you even have plans on marrying her? I mean, you two will be having a very pretty angel.” Himchan took the plastic and gave Yongguk his.

“I’m planning to ask her after her labor.” All of his friends cooed and he laughed.

“Well, goodluck hyung.We’re just here behind you to—“

“—Push you. No, just kidding hyung.” Zelo joked.

“…Oh and we’ll be going now. Drive safely.” Daehyun continues and Yongguk nodded at them before returning to their house.

 

 

The next day…

 

Yongguk and Seul Mi is walking hand-in-hand towards a fruit market before going to the hospital. He’ll be checking in Seul Mi to the hospital so when it’s her time to labor, they won’t be having a problem.

 

 

 

 

Yongguk’s wallet fell and he needs to pick it up, Seul Mi crossed the road first.

“Babe, wait up!” he quickly grabbed the wallet and as he stand up straight, he heard a loud screeching sound and a crash.

 

 

 

 

 

The sight infront of  him wants him to jump on a building.

Seul Mi, his pregnant girlfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

His lady is lying down on the ground and her white skirt is covered with blood and it’s flowing through her legs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Seul Mi!” he ran towards her and held her by his arms. He sobbed loudly and he looked up to see who is the dumb jerk that bumped his car to a pregnant woman.

 

 

Jongup.

 

 

His eyes were wide in shock and he wanted to approach Seul Mi but he was afraid.

Not because Yongguk might kill him, but because  this is the first time he saw her since the day he left her hopeless.

 

She kept it.

 

 

She kept the baby…

 

 

THEIR baby.

 

Yongguk’s blood was boiling but he needed to keep calm and carried Seul Mi to his car and drive her fast to the hospital.

He doesn’t care if he’s already reaching over the limit of speed. He just wanted her to be saved. He slipped his hand onto hers and intertwined her fingers.

 

“Stay Strong Seul Mi, Stay Strong…” he was sobbing and breathing heavily.  He then made it to the hospital.

 

*****

 

 

It’s a complete chaos at the hospital; Doctors & Nurses are running, people are screaming for help and wheels screeching makes deafening sounds.

 

Yongguk’s scoffing loudly while burying his face onto his palm. While his friends, Zelo, Youngjae and Himchan is comforting him. Daehyun is resting his back onto the wall with his mask on.

 

After a few minutes, the OR’s light turned off and the door opened, with the nurses & the doctor coming out of the room. Yongguk quickly stood up and asked the doctor about Seul Mi’s condition. Himchan from behind, calmed him down.

 

The doctor looked down and sighed.

“We had a very hard time on taking out the baby and fortunately, it was successful. She will be on the incubator and you can visit her.”

 

“How about my girlfriend, doc?” he asked with a sad smile.

“She… She didn’t make it. I’m so sorry Mr. Bang.”

Yongguk then pulled the doctor by the collar and starts yelling at him.

 

“You bastard! Why didn’t you save my girlfriend, why did you let her die?!” he was stopped by all of his friends together with male nurses and the doctor bowed again, “I’m truly sorry for your loss.” Then he left.

And the atmosphere was filled with silence and sorrow.

 

 

****

Yongguk slowly took small steps inside the room where his girlfriend is lying down. He then took a seat on the stool beside her bed, as he held her hand, he started talking.

 

“Seul Mi, my baby, didn’t you know our baby angel is very precious? She looks really a lot like you. But she got Jongup’s eyes and probably his smile.” Tears started to form on his eyes and he looked down a bit to bite his lips.

“You should really see her, you know, your heart will jump in joy if you did.” Yongguk cannot help but sobbed hard as he sees his lover’s lifeless body.

 

“…Why did you leave me? I thought we’re going to raise this family together?”

 

Meanwhile, as Yongguk is crying over Seul Mi’s death, Jongup is watching over the open door. He was crying too. He just killed the mother of his child.

 

“I’m sorry Seul Mi, please forgive me.” Jongup then heard a slight cough from behind and turned around.

 

He held his hands up to his chest and soon it was handcuffed.  He wanted it this way, he wanted to be jailed then live in guilt and pure hunger for his daughter’s love while seeing Yongguk taking care of her. He already saw his child.

She got his lips and eyes. That’s enough, already enough to see her for the first and one last time.

 

Yongguk’s sorrow suddenly cut off by a tap on his shoulder. Zelo’s smile reminds him that it’s time to let go.

 

It’s time to let her go…

 

 

****

 

Few months later…

 

Yongguk is walking on the quiet and peaceful beach while carrying 6months old baby Seol Jeong. He made funny faces just to make her laugh. He then pulled his IPad as he took a sit on the sand.

 

He played the video message for the 77th time.

 

“Annyeong baby Seol Jeong! Umma here~

Umma’s pretty right? Kk~ But I bet you are prettier that your dad might swap me with you.”

 

At the vid, Yongguk then popped out beside Seul Mi’s side and hugged her. “No way..” he muttered.

 

“As you watch this, my little angel, I just want you to know how much I’m happy that you came into my life. You’re the biggest and most precious gift God had given me. I hope you grow up well and forgive everyone that had hurt you. Remember, umma and appa loves you soooo much!” When Seul Mi turned to Yongguk, he gave her a surprise kiss.

Seol Jeong-ah, find a guy who is more handsome and sweeter than you appa n—“

“Hey, I heard that!”

 

The video message ended and Yongguk kept the smile on his face, he looked at Seol Jeong and she was smiling.

 

“I miss you, Seul Mi…”

 

A wind blew that hit his face.

 

“…and I love you… for a thousand more.”

 

 

*******************

Aweee, a tragic ending. Makes me crey crey. LolOTL

And forgive me readers for updating soooooooooo late. Mianmian.

For my Runaway readers and subbers, just wait a little more longer because I became busier.

But I already finished writing it so all I have to do is encode, so yeah.

Happy New Year guys! <3