Chapter 001 – Avoiding the responsibility…

Thousand Years

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXa_-mWar0

Chapter 001 – Avoiding the responsibility…

 

Seul Mi is sitting on a bench near the park where her boyfriend told her they will meet and see each other again. She heaved a deep long sigh before she look away from her wrist watch. She had been thinking of an important thing since last night he had called her. When her boyfriend told her he will be coming back home to Gangnam-Gu from Busan. He had been there for business work and that’s a thing she needs to accept and learn to face.

Before he can go back to Busan again after two days, she needs to tell Jongup, she needs to tell him…

 

 

“Seul Mi, baby!” a voice calling out her name made her come back to reality and quickly stood to her feet with a sad smile on her face.

“Jongup~” she mumbled softly as he gave her a warm embrace. She didn’t hesitate to hug him back just as tight. They both pulled away and stared at each other’s eyes, smiling.

 

“I missed you my baby…” he said before he pecked her lips and handed her the fresh bouquet of Rosemary which is Seul Mi’s favorite flower.

“I missed you more.” Seul Mi said as she smelled the scent of the flowers.

 

The couple took their seats and started talking to each other. Jongup kept on running his fingers through his girlfriend’s soft hair while his other hand got its fingers intertwined to hers.

 

After a few minutes of talking, Seul Mi let out a deep sigh that Jongup noticed. He truly knew that when Seul Mi will sigh like that, there’s something wrong or   something Seul Mi wants him to know.

Jongup gave her hand a gentle squeeze before asking her, “Baby, is there something wrong?” As he finished his sentence, Seul Mi mentally panicked. She needs to tell him now, it’s now or never…

 

Seul Mi looked at Jongup who’s wearing a worried face.

“I…” she started and Jongup just waiting for an answer.

“O-oppa, I’m pregnant…” she finally was able to say. She finally told him. And now, she’s just waiting for his response.

 

Jongup stared at his girlfriend, his pregnant girlfriend, the girl she loves that is now carrying his child. Their child.

He remembered the days they made love and some of it, he didn’t wear protection.

‘What am I supposed to do?’ he thought. He doesn’t know what to say, he opened his mouth but nothing comes out.

“Oppa, ottoke?” Seul Mi asked as he holds onto Jongup’s arm. He glanced at her and stood up after a split second.

Seul Mi stood up as well and clung onto his arms.

“S-sorry, but … I cannot accept that child.” A tear dropped from Seul Mi’s eye as she heard that 7 painful words.

 

That’s it, \

She knew it…

She was afraid to tell it to him because there might be a chance for not to take the responsibility… his responsibility.

 

And she was right.

 

“B-but why?” she cried.

“Sorry Seul Mi, but… I’m not ready. I can’t… I’m – I’m truly sorry.” With that, he suddenly left her, crying.

He doesn’t know why he’s leaving but his legs bringing him to depart.

 

Seul Mi fell on her knees and dropped the bouquet. She held onto the bench and cried her heart out. She doesn’t even care if people notice and talk about her. She’s just sobbing there, absorbing the pain that her boyfriend rejected their future child.

 

The sun rays are hitting her face but it was abruptly blocked by a figure.

Seul Mi slowly looked up at the person who is offering her a handkerchief and she hugged him hastily.

 

Bang Yongguk.

Her Bestfriend