Complementary Differences - Chapter 30

Complementary Differences

“Kevin.” Kibum panted breathlessly, and the younger male jerked at the call. “Why did you leave that note?”

His voice was almost threatening, almost as if he didn’t want Kevin to leave.

“It’s best for us four.” Kevin replied as cheerfully as he could, the way he rehearsed it. He knew he would be found, somehow he just had nowhere else to go.

“Why?” Micha probed, stepping closer towards Kevin, almost interrogating. “What do you mean best for us four?”

Kevin shook his head, a hand moving up to his face swiftly. Even in the dark state of the playground, the other three knew he was crying.

“Kibummie, come clean.” Aemin ordered, quickly moving forward to hug Kevin’s trembling body. “You better come clean right now!”

“Micha is my sister!” Kibum yelled at Kevin, feeling the stress build up on him. He didn’t even know why he yelled, he just felt annoyed with the pressing questions (asked and unasked) of the two very important people in his life. “And Kevin’s my lover. I’m gay, okay?!”

Kevin stiffened in Aemin’s embrace, while Micha held her breath.

Letting go of Kevin due to noticing the older boy’s signal, Kibum took Aemin’s place and rocked him from side to side, leaning down for a swift kiss. “I didn’t mean to hide it from you, but every time I want to tell you, something just pops out.”

Micha looked at Aemin confusedly before turning back to Kibum. “B-But…so you all thought I would react negatively if I knew the two of you were in love?! What kind of logic is that!?”

“I remember when we were still living together, you said princes always go with princesses.” Kibum mumbled pointedly. “And both Aemin-noona and I know how bad your temper is. If you were against it, who knew what kind of antics you would come up with.”

“But you called Micha a guest on the first day.” Kevin sniffed, looking at Aemin for an answer.

“Kibum and Micha don’t address each other as siblings because they are both more attached to their mothers.” Aemin explained. “Kibum only treated Micha well because she was a nice girl and she wasn’t the reason his father had another wife.”

“You didn’t even care about me when Micha appeared.” Kevin pouted, whispering in case Micha heard his jealous words.

“I haven’t seen Micha in years, and because she hasn’t been in this part of Korea for so long, I thought I should help her adapt.” Kibum ruffled Kevin’s hair and hugged him tighter.

“You made Kevin dislike me!” Micha pointed a finger at Kibum accusingly, sulking.

“No!” The couple chorused, with Kibum shaking his head firmly. “Kevin’s too nice to dislike you.”

“No, Micha’s too nice for me to dislike.” The younger boy corrected.

“Whatever, the main point is that Kevin doesn’t dislike you.”

Aemin shook her head. “Okay, kids.”

“We’re not kids!”

“Okay, okay.” Aemin chuckled. “Let’s go home and settle this, okay?”

-

Micha dragged her luggage out of Kibum’s room, to the confusion of the other three people in the house.

“What?” Micha asked with a sweet smile, before bouncing back into Kibum’s room to take more of her things out.

“What are you doing?” Aemin asked with an amused smile.

“I won’t let you move out, it’s too dangerous out there.” Kibum frowned instantly, gaining a whack on his head. “Hey! Disrespectful-“

“Princess~!” Micha sang with a giggle. “I’m going to sleep in Kevin’s room.”

Kevin widened his eyes in utmost horror. “B-But t-there’s only o-one b-bed!”

“Silly.” Micha laughed, along with Aemin who quickly caught on. “I like your room, so I want it. Micha wants, Micha gets it.”

Kevin and Kibum looked at each other, still perplexed.

Aemin cleared at the moment, keeping her smile and ordering the maids to pack Kevin’s belongings into Kibum’s room within half an hour. In the meantime, they could go watch television together or something.

“I still don’t get it.” Kevin blinked.

“Me neither.” Kibum shrugged, sighing Micha’s behaviour as…well, Micha’s behaviour.

-

The couple was dense till bedtime, when Kevin was about to walk into his original room and Micha pushed him out of his own room.

“This room belongs to me, Kev!” Micha giggled. “I hope you don’t mind me calling you Kev, since well, everyone calls you Kev.”

“I don’t mind but…this is…”

“My room.” Micha emphasised with a cheeky glint obvious in her eyes. “Your room is next door.”

“That’s not my room…that’s…Kibummie-hyung’s room?” Kevin scratched his head.

Micha sighed, shaking her head with a small smile. “Didn’t Aemin-unni tell the maids to put your belongings in oppa’s room? Doesn’t it mean you’re staying in the same room as him?”

Kevin paused for a moment, seeing the wide smile that Micha couldn’t suppress.

He thinks he finally knows what’s happening.

-

“I…” Kevin walked into Kibum’s room (also his right now) awkwardly, words stopping at the tip of his tongue. Blushing at the scene he sees, he quickly turned around to face the door, drawing circles with his feet on the floor as if erasing the memory. “I didn’t mean to-”

“I realised.” Kibum laughed at Kevin’s reaction and hugged him from the back. “When I open the closet and see a bunch of your clothes, I realised what the two girls planned.”

Kevin squeaked in Kibum’s embrace, probably unused to the hug after spending some time apart.

“Why are you so embarrassed? Haven’t you seen all of me?” Kibum teased lowly, taking small steps backwards and pulling Kevin along with him as he fell back on the bed. “Do you need me to refresh your memory?”

Kevin blushed harder, covering his face quickly with his hands and struggling out of Kibum’s tight grip.

Helping the younger into a more comfortable position on bed, Kibum leaned down and gently pressed both their lips together. Kevin’s eyes fluttered close, hands instinctively grabbing Kibum’s shoulders limply, melting into the kiss he hadn’t tasted for a long time (or at least it felt like it).

Kibum slid his hands under Kevin’s shirt, smiling as he heard the younger mewl softly. Nuzzling the younger’s nose as he pulled away, he hovered over Kevin’s ears and breathed heavily.

“I missed you.”

-

Wowowowowow! It was actually just a question, but I didn't realise you guys would all freak out XD So all right, just in case you guys continue being all fidgety, I'm not ending this so soon :)
(No, the next chapter isn't lololol)
Anyway, Micha's identity is finally known, I bet you guys don't want her to die now :3!

Thank you to the 33 commentors and 95 subscribers <3, and everyone else who is reading my lacking work, thank you!