Introductions

Just Listen

This girl is actually following me. She hasn't turned me away.

She lags behind, not saying a word. Not that I'd be able to hear her anyways, I feel her tap my shoulder. I turn to face her, her lips part, but, I hear nothing. Instead I read her lips to make out what she is saying. I get out my notebook and write.

Could you please talk a bit slower? Sorry, I just can't understand you when you talk too fast.

I could have sworn a faint smile came across her face. But it must be my imagination as she has done nothing of the sort since I met her. I see her sigh and she starts talking again. "Where do you live, and, why are you being so nice?" I smile and start walking again. "Just over here, and, just because." I eye her and see gaping open. She runs to stop me in my tracks. "You just talked! I thought you couldn't hear." I take out my notebook once more and write in my horrible handwriting.

I wasn't born deaf, so I remember how to say a few things without any problem. But not so much other things. Don't think I'll be talking much though, I am very limited.

I see her sigh and start walking again.

I never knew someone could be so.....innocent...

She stops infront of a building and turns around to look at me, waiting for me to catch up instead of admiring her from afar. Though she doesn't know that was what I was doing. "Do you live here?" She asks, pointing to a door. I nod and start to walk infront of her. She follows and nearly trips, she grabs onto my jacket and looks up. She says sorry and straightens herself up again. I don't blame her, for one these steps aren't very safe, adn neither is the neighborhood. And two, she just met me, I can understand her distance, that's something I understand very well.

I go up and unlock the door, a slip of paper falls out, I reach down to grab it anad quickly put it in my pocket after glancing at it. The girl only looks at my with a confused face, I shrug and walk into the house. She follows quickly in and goes to the couch. My home isn't the best, it's a very simple apartment with only a couch, coffee table, and bed. Other than that it is empty. The girl stands around akwardly, I motion to the kitchen and walk in, she follows. I grab two glasses from the pantry and fill them with water. She sits across from me and takes a sip. We stay like this for a while, not speaking, not moving. Just getting used to each others presence.

"Is there a bathroom where I could wash up?" She doesn't meet my gaze, maybe a bit embarassed since she just got here? I motion to a room at the end of the hall, I watch her leave and before she shuts the door I see her say 'Thank you'.

I wait for her to get out, I set up the couch with my extra pillows and blanket. Leaving the good bed sheets on my bed for her to sleep. She walks out of the bathroom, her hair wet, wearing the same clothes she had on before. She looks at the couch then at me as I go into my room to get her something to wear. I go back into the livingroom and give her the shirt and pants, she quietly goes to change.

She exits once again and sits on the couch, but, before she lays down, I stop her. "Where am I going to sleep?" I point to my room and follow her into the room. She walks in and sits on the bed, when I go to leave she quickly gets up and taps my shoulder. I turn around to face her. "Thank you Kris, really." As she turns to go back to the bed, my hand shoots out and grabs her wrist, she looks bad with a terrified expression. "What is your name?" I ask, letting her go. She puts her hands through her hair and smiles, just a little bit. "Hae Jin. Park Hae Jin." She walks into the room and shuts the door, leaving me right where I was.

Well then goodnight, Park Hae Jin. Sleep well.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys! :D Kinda a slow chapter (in my opinion XD) Anyways I hope you guys like it so far! If you do then comment, and subscribe! :D