Home

Just Listen

Your Prov:

My life couldn't be any more ordinary and simple than it is now. I'm average, normal, nothing about me is special. Maybe that's why I'm so alone. My mom and dad left me when I was twelve, sine then I've been living in the park, the library, any place that I could call "home". But, that wasn't the word for any of those places, it never could be...

It's a nice day today, the sun is shining and the birds are singing, as I walk to work I see a man, sitting on a bench infront of a coffee shop. I don't know why, but, this man out of all others' has caught my attention, something I don't really give. He just sits there and drinks his coffee all the while I'm at work, I close up shop and he is still there, waiting. I push the keys into my bag and start walking, I don't know where too but I keep walking. Until, I hear footsteps behind me, I start walking faster and faster, so does the noise behind me. I grab my bag and take it off my shoulder, as I turn around, ready to swing the bag. I stop.

The man is standing there with a smile on his face, yet, he seems lost and confused. He starts walking to me as I start to back away, he stops when I stop, and goes when I go. "Who are you and what do you want?" I ask. He only gives a sad expression and motions to his ears and another motion. He's deaf. I only stand and wait for him to do something, once he reaches towards his pocket, I become very rigid.

He pulls out a notepad and scribbles down on it, once done he hands it to me, I look down at the unfamiliar chinese characters, I only was able to return a confused look. He then takes the notepad again and starts writing again, this time when he hands it back it is not in chinese but korean.

My name is Kris, I'm sorry if I startled you, that was not my intention.

I looked at him and saw his apologetic expression on his face. I could only smile and nod. "It's alright, you did nothing wrong." He apparently understood me as he smiled very brightly. I gave him back the note pad and watch him scribble something else down before handing it back.

You don't have a home do you?

I only sighed and shook my head as I gave him back the notepad. I started walking away when a pair of strong hands grabbed my wrist. I looked back and saw Kris had a pleading look on his face. Quickly he wrote something down and handed it to me.

Come with me, I know where you'll be warm, and safe. Where you'll feel at home...