[nineteen]

Catch Taemin If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin had his face buried in his arms, sprawled in his seat. No matter how hard he thought, there was only one possible conclusion. He was crazy. Or it could be the cause of love deprivation, Taemin had actually seen it as a legit medical condition on TV before. But then again, that wasn’t enough to explain the extreme spark that went through his body last night.

 

His heart had raced. It had raced like crazy.

 

Deep inside, Taemin knew the real honest answer. But it was hard. Acknowledging his feelings was one thing, accepting it was another.

 

Taemin knocked his head down hard onto the desk, when someone tapped his shoulder. He raised his head and found a group of girls towering around him. Without waiting for Taemin to speak, one of the girls shyly handed Taemin a colourful object. Taemin unconsciously received it, and saw a hand-made Christmas card looking pretty with pompoms and gold glitter. Taemin should’ve flashed the girl his feet-knocker smile, but lamentably he wasn’t in his own state.

 

“Uh, thanks.” Taemin uttered. 

 

“You’re welcome." The girl smiled. "Um, Taemin-ah, what are you doing on Christmas day? I mean, you’re probably going to be busy… Right?”

 

“Huh?" Taemin blinked. "…Oh, uh right.”

 

“Ah, well. She’s really lucky.The girl's smile faltered but she nodded as if she'd already expected Taemin's answer. "Anyways, merry Christmas!” 

 

It was only when the girls giggled back to their own corner that Taemin realized that he had absolutely no plans for Christmas, which was only two days away. The Taemin last year would have been meticulously organizing his schedule of dates around this time, but with Jiyeon, Jongin, Soojung and Chanyeol all systematically complicating his life, this year had gone by without Taemin being able to show off his male hormones. Taemin sulked in his seat, but brightened up only a second later. He had Jongin after all, the world’s representitave of an ultimate solo. Taemin hastily stuck the card into his uniform pocket and dashed out the classroom.

 

To see his Jongin.

 

The students of Jongin’s class actually had the decency to have decorated a Christmas tree in their room. The dying tree had cheap tinsels wrapped around it, and someone had cut out a construction board star which hung lowly to the side as if to fall off any minute.

 

Taemin’s eyebrows soared, the kids needed a break ASAP. Taemin searched the room and quickly hid behind the door. Jongin was by the windows, and he was talking with Soojung. Soojung was laughing hysterically, and Taemin could see through the act that she was putting on. Lightly slapping Jongin’s arms to make small skinship, it was all part of Jung Soojung’s typical strategem. Jongin said something back and laughed too, making Taemin want to spew out the breakfast he had that morning.

 

“What is that girl up to..?!”

 

Unable to gather up the courage to step inside, Taemin desperately clawed at the door when somebody approached him from behind.

 

“I don’t like her.” 

 

Taemin turned around and found Sulli standing right behind him. And she had whispered into his ears, except the volume exceeded the regular decibel of what people usually understood as “whispering”.

 

“Ah!!! Oh my god, will you stop that!?!” Taemin scream-whispered, and Sulli shrugged. 

 

Whatever the case Taemin wasn’t going to risk having Sulli out in the open, and he hastily pulled her behind the doors with him. Continuing to spy(?) on the two, Taemin gritted his teeth.

 

“That is really asking for it.”

 

“She’s really pretty, but there’s something about her that I don’t like.” Sulli declared again.

 

“…Damn it, what the hell are they saying?" Ignoring Sulli, Taemin squinched his eyes as he tried to read their moving lips. "I can’t hear them at all. Can you?”

 

“Nope.” Sulli replied.

 

“Hey, this is your class, go inside and eavesdrop.” Taemin ordered.

 

“Should I go up to them and ask?” asked Sulli, cocking her head. 

 

“NO!" Taemin gaped. "Just stride in their casually and tell me what they’re saying!”

 

Seeing that Taemin wasn’t going to take a refusal so easily, Sulli frowned and sauntered into the classroom.

 

Trying to hide his existence at best, Taemin nervously watched Sulli who walked directly towards Jongin and Soojung. And to his dismay, Sulli did exactly what Taemin feared she’d do.

 

“What are you guys talking about?” She chirped, walking right in between Jongin and Soojung. 

 

“Oh, it’s nothing important.” Jongin smiled as he replied.

 

Soojung waited patiently for Sulli to continue on her way, but Sulli stood ground and stared right back at her. Taemin could tell that Soojung was suppressing her temper pretty well, she probably would have had slapped the girl across her face if Jongin hadn’t been there. Finally Soojung lost her patience and snapped.

 

“Well? Aren’t you leaving?”

 

“To where?" Sulli replied.  "This is my class.”

 

“……”

 

 

Taemin should’ve known to expect nothing good when trusting Choi Sulli, but there was nothing else he could do. He turned around, unable to watch. He was in the middle of hitting his head against the door in despair when he saw Chanyeol walking down the hall from the other side. 

 

“What are you doing?” Shooting Taemin a glance, Chanyeol asked skeptically when he came nearer.

 

“I’m… standing. Duh.”

 

All the smart comebacks Taemin had saved in his head for Chanyeol dissolved at his tongue when he saw band-aids placed here and there on the boy’s face. Chanyeol had meant to help him when he got himself involved in the fight after all.

 

“Nic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter