Prompt Number 1

GTOP Writing Fest

Prompter: paula1988

Object/Word Prompts: Just like the first time we saw her
Place: Bus stop
Action: Seunghyun and his friend Jiyong used to sometimes see a young girl waiting at the bus stop without looking at them. They both fight to ask the girl out. TOP wins but he’s scared of asking her out so one day he goes up to her to talk to her. 3 years later they go to the same bus shop where they first meet and tell her something?
Dislikes: being shy and scared,
Other Notes: Make the other members of Big Bang have a cameo in it as well.

Author of story: obsidiansapphire

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Dear Prompter, so I'm an idiot... I wrote a story based on your prompt, but then I realized that you meant for Seunghyun to end up with the girl, so I wrote a completely different story which will be posted here along with the first one. Hopefully, you will like at least one of these. Sorry...

Story One:

The bus smelt like piss, but then again, so had every other bus Seunghyun had ever been on. It made him wonder if there was a special team of people hired by whomever was in charge of public transportation to go around and regularly urinate in the seats. Maybe it was a scent that was specially manufactured and bottled in some laboratory by a rich man with an odd . It didn’t really matter where the smell came from because the fact was that it was AWFUL.

At least Youngbae was a good bus driver, so he didn’t have to fear for his life on the hectic city streets.

He was only able to tolerate the long bus ride from the corner of his street to the office where he worked thirty minutes away by catching whiffs of the apple scented perfume of the girl two seats ahead him.  On the days that she wasn’t around, sometimes mysteriously disappearing for weeks at a time, he had to rely on the heady cologne that rolled off his best friend, leaning in too closely when the bus rounded corners just to be nearer to the more pleasant air.

Jiyong shot him a dirty look and pushed him away.

“What?” Seunghyun asked with an innocent frown.

“I am not an air fresher.”

“Of course you’re not,” Seunghyun agreed in a placating manner. “You’re not tree shaped or anything.”  The lady across the aisle gave them a funny look, and Seunghyun shrugged in response as if to say ‘He’s crazy. Aren’t I a good person for humoring him?’ The lady huffed and pointedly turned to wrap her hand around the arm of the noticeably younger man beside her. Seunghyun wasn’t even surprised to see Seungri with a new woman anymore. It happened at least three times a week.

“Jiyong-ah, I think you scared off the pretty ahjumma.”

You are the weirdo burrowing into my neck.”

“I’m not a meerkat; I do not burrow. Clearly, I am just inspecting your collar for lint like the helpful person that I am.”

 Jiyong hid a laugh behind his hand, but Seunghyun could still feel it. “Inspecting with your nose?”

Seunghyun took one last deep breath, inhaling the delicious scent that was fresh and airy and uniquely Jiyong, attempting to quietly as much in as he could in the hopes of staving off the pungent public restroom odor that slid off the plastic bus seats around them.

“Fine. Show up to work looking like a hobo with lint all over you,” he replied petulantly as he sat up in his seat. He folded his arms across his chest and pouted. Let it be known that it was a very manly pout.

“Aish. Now you’re going to ignore me the whole way there? Really?” Jiyong quirked a brow and mumbled to himself as he retrieved a piece of candy from his pocket. “He’s just like a child. I swear. Isn’t he supposed to be the hyung?”

“What was that?”

Avoiding the dark tone, Jiyong held out the Hershey’s Kiss as a peace offering. Instantly, Seunghyun brightened. He tore off the foil and popped the chocolate into his mouth. As he let it melt against his tongue, savoring the rich and creamy flavor like a criminal (Strictly speaking, eating candy did break the laws of his diet so he was kind of committing a crime. Jiyong had always been a bad influence), he rolled the wrapper into a ball secretively.

“What’s that?” He pointed over Jiyong’s body and out the window. Jiyong’s eyes narrowed while he stared, trying to find what Seunghyun was pointing to. Taking advantage of his friend’s preoccupation, Seunghyun smirked evilly and dropped the balled candy wrapper down the front of his friend’s shirt.

Jiyong closed his auburn eyes and lightly banged his head against the glass. “I need new friends. Mature friends. Friends that won’t sniff me in public and toss garbage down my clothes.”

Seunghyun ruffled his hair affectionately, easily avoiding the hand that swiftly batted him away. He’d been friends with Jiyong for as long as he could remember. No matter what the younger man said, Seunghyun knew he didn’t mean it. He decided to change the topic to something that would be of more interest than his poor friendship skills.

“Do you think she will be there today?”

Jiyong would know who he meant. Seunghyun had seen the curiosity lurking in the backs of his eyes. He had been able to hear the unasked questions hidden in Jiyong’s voice. He didn’t miss the way that his friend would often stare out the window of their shared office down toward the bus stop just to catch a glimpse of the mysterious girl that refused to so much as acknowledge their existence.

Seunghyun wasn’t sure why, but the girl annoyed him. They’d never so much as greeted each other before; she never given them so much as a fleeting glance. It didn’t make any sense; however, the fact that Jiyong was so obviously intrigued by her bothered him immensely. If he didn’t know any better, he might have believed himself to be jealous.

“She’s there every day.” Jiyong rolled his eyes like it was a joke and didn’t mean anything to him at all. Unfortunately, Seunghyun knew it did.

“Are you going to talk to her today?”

“No. Why would I?” Jiyong looked confused.

Sighing at the injustice of life, Seunghyun took it upon himself to state what they both were already aware of. It had to be said eventually anyway. “Because you like her.”

If anything, Jiyong appeared even more befuddled. His forehead was wrinkled, and his eyes were scrunched together. He replied slowly like he was talking to a foreigner that didn’t speak the same language.

“No. I don’t. I thought that you did?”

“WHAT?” That was the single stupidest thing Seunghyun had ever heard. It was apparent to just about everyone that had ever seen them together that he liked Jiyong. Even if he was just beginning to admit it to himself, he knew that all of his actions-- all the too long touches, too close glances, too obviously flirtatious pick up lines that were written off as cheesy jokes—all of these things pointed to the way that he felt. It was frustrating that not only was Jiyong making it plain as day that he was oblivious to it all, but he even went so far as to think Seunghyun was interested in someone else.

Someone that Seunghyun knew Jiyong liked.

Was Jiyong pretending because he actually did know how Seunghyun felt and he just didn’t want to hurt his feelings by admitting to having a crush on the nameless girl? Well that was dumb. Seunghyun might act childishly sometimes, but he was in fact a grown up. He didn’t need Jiyong to sacrifice his potential happiness just for him.

“I don’t believe you.”

“But-”

“Let’s make a bet,” he interrupted. When Jiyong simply gaped at him in response, he continued on. “Whoever guesses the correct gender of the next person to enter the bus has to ask the mystery girl out for coffee tonight.”

“That’s unnecessary. You can ask her out.”

“No! We’re doing this! Man or woman?”

Jiyong scowled and stared at his hands as he fiddled with his cufflinks. “Man.”

“Okay,” he sighed in relief or exasperation. He wasn’t really sure which. “Okay, then I pick woman. Now we just have to wait and see.”

Jiyong didn’t answer; he gazed out the window in silence, chewing at his bottom lip in a way that captivated Seunghyun’s attention. Leaning forward to capture that swollen and abused lip between his own teeth would be so easy. They were already so close in their seat that he could feel Jiyong’s body heat flushed against his right side from shoulder to kneecap. He could slide over, maybe pretend to smell him like he’d been doing earlier, draw his mouth over that long pale neck and finally see if it tasted as good as it smelled. Trace his tongue over that jaw line that had been driving him crazy for years. -

His thoughts were abruptly cut off when Jiyong turned his head, elbowing him in the side and glancing toward the now opening door. Seunghyun felt his face heat up tellingly but forced himself to calm down. He swore that he’d be happy for Jiyong and the bus stop girl. Seunghyun would support their love even if their family and friends did not. Maybe he could be the best man at the wedding. That would undoubtedly , on many levels, but Jiyong would be happy. Hell, maybe he’d even be named the godfather of their children.

The thought was remarkably unpleasant. Only the image of little Jiyongs running around stopped the surly curve of his mouth.

The breath caught in his throat as he stared straight forward. Would it be a man or a woman? Would he lose his chance forever with Jiyong today? A bead of sweat trickled down his spine.

“It’s a…A…. Seunghyun, what do you think?”

Seunghyun blinked owlishly, tilting his head from side to side for a better angle. The person that entered the bus first had dark red hair, cut short and spiky but shaved on one side with long bangs that covered the majority of his/her face. A very baggy grey shirt stretched across broad shoulders and fell down to mid thigh. The person was tall and leggy. Black skin tight jeans hugged at the person’s hips but really didn’t give anything away.

It wasn’t that he was trying to be rude. Seunghyun fully respected people’s individuality. The person that entered the bus could be male or female or both or neither. He didn’t care because it wasn’t any of his business. But it did hinder the bet.

“Let’s just look at the next person.” He glanced to his left to see Jiyong nod in agreement.

A little old lady walked slowly up the stairs and sat right in the front of the bus.

Relief washed over Seunghyun like a wave. He wouldn’t lose Jiyong to the girl. He didn’t realize that he was smiling goofily until he felt Jiyong flick his forehead with a sad pout.

“I thought you weren’t interested…”

Seunghyun didn’t have time to respond as the bus screeched to a halt. Jiyong hastily stood and brushed past him. Confused, he grabbed both of their briefcases (his friend had forgotten his in his seat like usual).

Jiyong was standing with his arms crossed, tapping his foot impatiently. “Just get it over with,” he growled when Seunghyun handed him his case. Glancing around, Seunghyun saw the girl sitting exactly where she always was. Her back was pressed up against the uncomfortable bench. Her long dark hair was pulled up and away from her face with a pink headband. She was typing away on her cell phone furiously, not looking up once as people passed her by.

Seunghyun really didn’t want to ask her out at all, he just hadn’t wanted Jiyong to do so. But a bet was a bet. Unhappily, he shoved his hands in his pockets and shuffled forward. He slid into the empty seat beside the girl. The whole time his mind was more preoccupied with why Jiyong was suddenly acting moody than on the task he was supposed to complete.

A cool breeze blew through the air and he caught a whiff of apple perfume. He was surprised. He’d never seen the girl that sat two seats in front of them on the bus sometimes. Now that he thought about, he realized that she could have left the bus and sat on the bench before he and Jiyong had even stood up. Often, they were caught up in some story or joke and it took them a few minutes to get off.

Clearing his throat, he tried to get her attention. “Hey.”

Her phone dinged and she ignored him.

“Excuse me.”

Nothing.

“I said-”

“Good morning, babydoll.” A dark haired man with eyes squeezed into crescents leaned down and placed a kiss on the girl’s cheek. He blushed as he noticed Seunghyun sitting there and shook his head to indicate that now was not the time to ask. She put her phone down and smiled brilliantly up at him.

Feeling immensely pleased, Seunghyun backed away from the happy couple. He laughed as he took his briefcase from a visibly upset Jiyong. “It seems I don’t have a date tonight.”

“What do you mean?” Jiyong asked suspiciously. Seunghyun hoped what he was about to do wouldn’t blow up in his face. He was terrified, but if he’d learned anything it was that he needed to take the initiative or he could lose Jiyong to someone else.

“Mystery girl is Daesung’s mysterious girlfriend.” He took a deep breath and tried to act nonchalant even though he was burning up inside. “Anyway, I was looking forward to a date tonight. Would you go with me?”

Jiyong’s face turned bright pink but didn’t betray any emotion. “Seunghyun, are you asking me out?”

“Not if you’re going to make this difficult.”

Jiyong flicked him on the forehead again before smiling up at him brilliantly and slipping something into his hand. “Pick me up at seven.”

As Jiyong walked toward their office building, Seunghyun opened his palm. He chuckled while placing the Hershey Kiss in his pocket.

*****

“It’s just like the first time we saw her. Three years and she still can’t find somewhere better to wait?”

“Yah, don’t be rude. Maybe we should give her a trophy or flowers.”

Seunghyun frowned. Why did his boyfriend want to give the pretty girl that smelled like apples flowers? Could it be possible that after all this time, Jiyong had been hiding a secret crush on her just like Seunghyun had initially thought.

“I know what you’re thinking, pabo. Stop being stupid.” Jiyong leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on Seunghyun’s bottom lip. “We only admitted our feelings because we were both jealous of her. I just feel like I owe her for the happiness I have with you.”

“I think Daesung shows her plenty of appreciation, especially with the baby on the way. Let’s go home and you can show me how happy you are.” He winked suggestively and nuzzled into Jiyong’s neck. The familiar fragrance filled his lungs, but he wasn’t as greedy anymore. After all, his clothes now carried Jiyong’s scent everywhere he went, his skin now tingled in Jiyong’s warmth.

“Still searching for lint? Choi Seunghyun: my own personal lint roller.” Jiyong teased as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend.

Seunghyun sighed in content, tasting Jiyong’s throat until he felt a shiver run through the younger man. “And you’re Kwon Jiyong: my own personal air freshener.”

They both laughed. Seungri whistled as he walked by with a woman clinging to him. The bus pulled up to the curb and they exchanged greetings with Youngbae before settling into their seats.

It still smelt like piss, but Seunghyun didn’t mind as much with Jiyong’s head resting on his shoulder. He winked out the window to Daesung and the girl with the apple perfume.

The End

 

Story Two:

Seunghyun stared at his best friend in disbelief. No wait, Seunghyun stared at his EX-best friend in disbelief. He spit out the blood pooling on his tongue and swiped a hand over his mouth while sending the darkest look his midnight colored eyes could manage toward Jiyong.

“I cannot believe that you just did that. Are you really giving up our entire friendship for this? For a girl that you don’t even know?”

Jiyong glared back defiantly, head raised high and bruised fists clenched to his sides. His pride always got the better of him. It used to be something that Seunghyun admired about the younger man, but at that moment it only served to aggravate him further. Saying goodbye to all the memories he’d created with Jiyong in the past ten years (which turned out to be just about everything because of how intricately their lives had become intertwined), Seunghyun raised his fist. Jiyong easily blocked it, he had known that he would, and Seunghyun brought his knee up viscously.

Jiyong doubled over, gasping for air, but still glaring up at Seunghyun. It was probably more painful to know that he’d caused that pain on his friend’s face than it was to be kneed in the stomach. It certainly felt that way at least.

Turning his back on someone that he’d considered family, Seunghyun shook his head at the stupidity of the whole situation and made his way over to the cause of their fight. The girl was beautiful, that much was true, but that was also the only thing he knew about her. Even though they had seen her at the bus stop every day for months, she never acknowledged them. She had shoulder length raven colored hair. Her lips were ruby red and her cheeks were always rosy pink. She hardly ever smiled, but she didn’t seem sad, just unaware of everything around her. Like she was in her own little world.

“Is this seat taken?” The girl nodded even as Seunghyun was already sliding onto the bench beside her. “I’m Seunghyun.” They sat in silence for so long that Seunghyun was beginning to grow even more annoyed. “It’s rude to ignore people.”

The girl sighed as if his presence was interrupting something terribly important. “Summi.”

“One word? I just lost my best friend because of you, and the only response you give is your name. Definitely not worth it.”

“If you lost your best friend, you should probably call the police instead of talking to me. I’m not a detective.” Summi rolled her eyes.

Seunghyun scoffed at her. Who the hell did she think she was? It wasn’t a joke. “What I’m saying is that you owe me. Big time.”

“Will you leave me alone then?”

Seunghyun shrugged, playing with the cut on his tongue to avoid the thoughts of whether or not Jiyong was okay. He hoped he hadn’t hurt him too badly…

“What do you want?”

“One date. I know a place that’s not far from here. My friends Seungri and Daesung own it.”

She huffed in annoyance but nodded anyway. Seunghyun was pleased that he’d be done with the unpleasant girl after one meal even if she was turning out to be more intersting than he'd thought she'd be.

*****

Three Years Later

“Summi, why are we waiting here? I could have brought the car.” Seunghyun complained because it was hot out and he was sweating. It was gross. If he’d wanted to be a sticky, smelling mess, then he wouldn’t have skipped his morning jog.

His girlfriend rolled her eyes at his childishness. Sometimes she really didn’t know why she put up with him. Then he’d look at her and smile with those irresistable dimples and she’d forget all thoughts of leaving him until the next time he was acting dumb. She looked around quickly and when she saw what she’d been waiting for she stood up.

“I want you to tell me why you talked to me that day three years ago. You’ve always avoided the question and now I want to know.” She had already pieced the story together on her own, but she needed him to say it in order for her plan to work.

Seunghyun scowled, looking like he’d rather continue sitting on the hot metal bench of the bus stop for the rest of his life than answer her question. But she was his girlfriend and it was their anniversary. He ran a hand through his hair and stared down at the cracks in the sidewalk.

“I had a best friend before. He was really more of a brother. We’d see you sitting here every day, but you never even noticed us. On that day we were messing around. He said that he wanted to ask you out. Without thinking, I laughed and said that you’d never agree. I was only joking when I said that I’d be able to win you over and he didn’t have a chance in hell. I don’t know how I’d never realized that he had a crush on you. That his feelings were serious. He punched me and it pissed me off, so I fought back. It was just so…infuriating to know that some nameless girl was more important to him than our friendship. To get back at him, I asked you out. It sounds awful, but I’m really glad I did.” Seunghyun took her hand in his hand smiled at her sadly. “I miss him, but I’m glad that I met you. I love you.”

Summi blushed darkly. It always embarrassed her when her normally immature boyfriend went into these sentimental moods. She met his eyes and placed a tender kiss on his lips. “I love you too. I’ll be waiting for you at home. Happy anniversary.” She ran a hand down his cheek and left with a wink.

Puzzled, Seunghyun turned around. His mouth fell open in shock.

“Man, you are so mushy now.” Jiyong stuck his tongue out playfully. Seunghyun blinked, immobile like a statue. Jiyong shrugged and carefully sat beside him on the bench. They sat together in companionable silence until Seunghyun finally found his voice.

“I’m sorry, Ji. I-”

“It’s okay. I’m just glad that you’re happy. Besides, it turns out that she wasn’t my type.” He waved at someone standing behind Seunghyun and a man with a black Mohawk stepped around the bench. “Seunghyun, this is my boyfriend, Youngbae.”