Deadline Reminder

GTOP Writing Fest

Just a reminder that stories on due on October 31. Thanks to the lovely authors that have claimed prompts! And of course, thanks to the also lovely prompters! There are still five prompts left if anyone is interested. I will take whatever ones nobody else claims so that everyone will have their prompt answered. Should I write for my own prompts? I don't know if it would be acceptable. That seems odd, but now I would really like to read them...

Anyway, here is a drabble because I feel like I should post something worth reading if I'm going to update. Loosely inspired by the past seven hours of my life. If only I got a sweet guy at the end...

******

Mashed peas and runny carrots painted abstract patterns on the normally pristine walls. The distinct scent of something rotten seeped into the air of every room in the apartment. It was... decidedly unpleasant to put it mildly.

"Jiyong, I'm back!"

Toeing off his shoes and carefully sliding on his slippers, Seunghyun set his shopping bags down on the coffee table with a confused frown.

There were multi-colored building blocks dotting the carpet like little plastic land mines. Seunghyun had his own large toy collection, so he couldn't really complain if his boyfriend had decided to begin one, but to leave them on the floor like that? Jiyong ed if Seunghyun left any new additions to his collection on the kitchen counter for more ten minutes. Why would Jiyong leave them on the living room floor?

And for that matter, since when did Jiyong play with toy blocks meant for small children?

"Babe? Where are you?"

Silence was his only response. He quickly put the milk in the refrigerator, glad that he'd remembered to pick it up after filming without having to be reminded. See, Jiyong? He could be an adult once in awhile too. He frowned at the food dripping down the walls on his way out of the kitchen. Maybe there'd been another blender explosion. Jiyong should really stop trying to cook.

Curious and excited he picked up his shopping bag from the coffee table and began his search for his boyfriend.

In the game room? He peered into the empty space. "Ji?"

Maybe Jiyong was hiding. He was into some weird stuff. Smirking, Seunghyun tiptoed into the room and came up to the back of the couch. "Gotcha!" he yelled as he jumped around it. Only to be met with the sight of a vacant seat. Huh. His ears burned in embarrassment because of his exclamation in the quiet room.

He pulled up the cushions, but Jiyong wasn't under there either. Or behind the door or the arcade games. Or under the pool table.

"Where'd that little snake go?" he muttered to himself as he moved to continue the search in their bedroom.

"We both know there's nothing little about my snake, Hyunnie," Jiyong said with a mischievous smile tugging at his lips.

Seunghyun's mouth dropped open as he took in the sight. His boyfriend was laying on the bed, curled on his side with his hand resting protectively on the stomach of a little bundle beside him. A tiny baby boy that he was sure he'd never seen before was sleeping as content as could be in the mddle of his bed, surrounded by a border of pillows and stuffed toys and Jiyong.

"That explains why it looks like an army of toddlers invaded our apartment, I guess. But where did you get a kid?" At least he only sounded a little bit freaked out. Seunghyun was proud of his acting abilities.

"Shh!" Jiyong chastised him as the baby sturred. He ran his hand over the baby's hair tenderly with an adoring look on his face that Seunghyun hadn't witnessed before. "One of the makeup noona's needed a babysitter for the day, and I volunteered. This little man is Lee Daewon."

"Oh," was Seunghyun's brilliant reply. His brain was still sort of malfunctioning from the cuteness of Jiyong with a child. "Come over here for a second so I can show you something."

Jiyong rolled his eyes but immediately dropped carefully off the bed and arranged pillows to fill in the space that he'd vacated. Seunghyun suppressed a smile. Ji might act annoyed, but he couldn't ever turn down a surprise. He bounced over and held out his hands expectantly.

Scoffing, Seunghyun held the bag behind his back. "Is that any way to ask for something?"

Jiyong smiled sweetly at him, doing his best impression of puppy eyes. Which didn't work. Nope. Not at all.

"Here, here. Just stop doing that already."

With greedy hands and a gleeful smile, Jiyong took the bag and peered into it curiously. He looked from the bag to Seunghyun's face, then to the bag and back multiple times before speaking. "Does this mean what I think it does?"

"I just thought that we've been together for eight years now and...we're not getting any younger. Maybe it's time for our family to grow. If you want, of course, because I'm not trying to press-"

"CHOI SEUNGHYUN!" Jiyong shouted. The next thing he knew, he was being squeezed in a tight hug, all of his breath leaving him in a rush. Jiyong pressed feather soft kisses into every piece of skin that he could reach.

"So, is that a yes?"

Jiyong chuckled and Seunghyun loved the way that he could feel it bounce around in his own chest. "Yeah! Of course it is, stupid!"

The baby on the bed began to whimper. Jiyong laughed loudly, his smile almost blinding in it's beauty, as he sauntered to the door with the bag in his hand.

"I'm going to see how these nursery decorations look in the game room. You take care of Daewonnie for a minute, okay? Think of it as practice!"

The infant in question began screaming as soon as Jiyong left the room and Seunghyun groaned. What had he gotten himself into?