Reminder for Prompts

GTOP Writing Fest

Hey everyone! I just wanted to remind you guys that prompts are due on Friday. So far, only one prompt has been submitted :( 

Remember, just because you submit a prompt doesn't mean that you have to write a story. An example of a prompt can be found in the foreword. Please try to participate :) Anyway, here's a drabble for you.

--------------------

The wind howled like a ghost through the empty house. He wasn't scared exactly. Just uneasy. Thunderstorms always made him nervous.

Probably because his father had died during one.

He wished for the hundredth time that his mother was home, but it was a futile prayer. She worked the late shift which meant she wouldn't be back until seven in the morning. Jiyong was on his own. Again. If only Seunghyun hadn't moved to the other side of town. Everything was so much easier when he lived next door.

Sighing, he rested his head against the back of the couch and tried to count the stitches on the seam of the leather couch that he trailed his fingers over repetitively. He always lost track when he got up to thirty as his mind began to wander to the way the streetlights caused the barren trees outside the windows to cast spindly shadows over the walls. Gnarled hands that reached for him through the glass. He closed his eyes in an attempt to banish the image from his mind.

Think of something happy! Kittens and puppies. Music.

He let out a startled yelp when he felt the cushion sink next to him.

"Calm down. It's just me." Seunghyun's deep voice instantly drowned out the noise of the storm.

"How'd you get in?" Jiyong tried to pretend that he wasn't smiling like an idiot, but he was. He felt safe when Seunghyun was by his side. The storm raging against the windows didn't matter anymore, not as long as Seunghyun sat next to him on the couch with his calming, sturdy presence.

"The key under the flower plot with those purple things in it."

Seunghyun held onto his hand and the television like it was normal. Like he hadn't had to drive an hour across the city just to sit here with Jiyong.

Jiyong smiled, suddenly sleepy and happy and content and a million other things. He rested his head against Seunghyun's shoulder, his eyes drifted closed almost instantly. "Thanks, hyung."

Warm lips pressed against his face gently. Seunghyun squeezed his hand once and laced their fingers together before turning back to the television. "There's nowhere else I'd rather be."

Jiyong fell asleep with a smile on his face.