Chapter 1

Change of Heart

As Aiko was in her bedroom listening to her music while doing homework she heard the front door open and then slammed shut, it was her drunk father he would come home every night drunk and high. He was a drug addict and alcoholic, Aiko mother lefted her father and her at the age of 7 for another man that she fall in love with her father couldn't take the emotion pain so he resolved to drinking and drugs and blame Aiko for her mother leaving. Everynight he would go into the living room and call Aiko down she would always listen to her father in hope she wouldn't get beaten but her hopes were long gone and tonight was just the same as any other night, "AIKO GET DOWN HERE NOW!" he would shout while trying not to stumble over, she would slowly make her way down with a trembling body. Once in the living room in slight of her father he would smile and tell her it was her fault her mother left while beating her with his belt, hands or feet, he would rotate beween slapping her with his belt, kicking her or hitting her. 

Each morning after the beating of each night she would wash herself in pain as her whold body stung, she would wear long clothes that covered her body so no one could see the  marks left. She would go to school each morning to get away from her drunk father who was asleep all morning when he wakes up he goes and drinks again, school was the only way that she could get away from her father but school wasn't easy for her as well she's a straight A student but has no friends and is bullied. Her ex friends that she thought she could trust were just using her they found out she secrets and they bullied her using the information they got from her.

 She also had a part time job as school finished at 2 so this was another escape from her father, she wanted to same up enough money so she could move away from her father and from anyone that knew her, she wanted to start up a new life replacing all the bad memories with new memories. However at her job she had a admirer his name was Jay he tried to confess to her but due to her father she couldn't trust men so she gave up on them shortly after the beating started so she ignored him, he wasn't anything special so why should she pay any interest to him she would also say that to the female co-worker that asked about him. 

By the end of January she had enough money to get a plane ticket to anywhere she wanted she packed her things in a suitbag and the things for the plane ride in her shoulder bag, at the time her father was asleep on the sofa so she slowly and quietly went downstairs with her bag and money and slowly opened the door. Suddenly her father grabbed her hair and pulled her back "where do you think your going" he whispered as he pulled her hair, she whined in pain thats when he looked at the bags he smirked "Your not going anywhere" he pulled her back and she landed on the floor "think you can get away from me I DON'T THINK SO" he shouted as he started kicking her, when he stopped Aiko pulled out a pocket knife she brought not to long ago and stabbed him in the foot. He screamed in pain and collapsed in pain she rushed up, grabbed her things and rushed through the door leaving her father in pain.

She got a bus to the nearest airport and got a ticket to South Korea it was far away from here and she could have the new start she wanted, she paid for the ticket but she had to wait a hour for broading time. When she broaded the plane she sat down and looked out the window she couldn't believe she was actually doing this, she had dreamed about this but never thought she would actually do it, when the plane took off and was in the air she looked out the window to see all the city she then said to herself "finally a new start".