We Meet Again

What Can You Teach Me?

I finally updated I know hahah took me awhile because of computer issues but I hope you like it! Tittle gives it away but oh well~ Enjoy ^^

                                                                                                                                                                               

   Ch:7

 
 Night had fallen by the time he calmed down and we made it back to the church. It started snowing and with how shaken up we were from the recent events, we thought it best to stay some place warm for the night. The priest welcomed us with a smile and retrieved a few blankets. There was another man already asleep on the pew we used the night before so we settled with one closer to the back. 
 
 Junhong started to smile a little more now that we had shelter for the night and he could get some decent sleep. We didn't have the chance to try to make some money today, meaning no shower for tonight. Our plan was to pick ourselves up and start fresh, we had done it plenty of times before so we knew we would rise above this.  
 
 Now that we were back and I wasn't as distressed as I had been the night before, I had the mind set to think of what to do. I took off my coat for us to use tonight, so that he wouldn't have to worry about staying warm through out the night and folded it for our pillow. I placed it on the polished wooden surface and sat down, laying my head back against it. 
 
 He laid down and instead of using the make shift pillow, he rested his head on my lap. I smoothed out his hair and patted his back softly until he fell asleep soundly. I avoided the thoughts of what happened to our home and the child, concentrating on other things. I found myself thinking of the men who helped us before, at the store. I couldn't remember their names now even though it had only been a day. I wondered what they would do if they knew what had happened to us and if they knew of any way to help. 
 
 Did they know of a shelter we didn't know of yet? Or maybe even give us a ride to another city to start new there. It calmed my nerves even though I knew there was a slim chance we would ever meet again. A part of me wished we did though, even if it was just me daydreaming of something that could be better. 
 
 I gently lifted Junhong's head and set it down on my coat. I tucked in the blanket around him, being sure to bring it up to his neck.  It left his feet uncovered and I couldn't help but smile at that; at least he kept his shoes on so he wouldn't get too cold. I laid down in my spot and brought the itchy blanket up to my chin. I drifted off to sleep thinking positive of our future from here on out.
 
 I awoke to Junhong shaking me, his voice was harsh from the day before. We packed up our things and left after we said our thanks to the priest. We walked aimlessly at first, trying to decide where to do our performance today. The main city park was out of the question, not many people were going to be around there for a while.
 
 We settled with the small rest area in the middle of the open outside mall. It was a little crowded with some other performers, but there was plenty of people around to get noticed by at least some. We didn't have any cardboard or anything for him to dance on so we chose a spot with smooth granite as a floor. The polished stone had just enough slickness to allow a flow to his moves.  
 
 I helped him remove his book bag from his shoulders and took off my own. I dug through my bag for some sort of container and pulled out a cracked, square tupperware that held some toiletries. I dumped the contents into the main pouch of the bag and set the plastic cube on the ground a few feet in front of where Junhong was standing. 
 
 I wasn't the greatest at beat boxing but I learned enough from Junhong to hold my own. He stretched out his body as I cleared my throat, doing a few excersises to stretch my vocal cords. He nodded at me when he was ready and I my lips to moisten them before I started. The beat I let out was simple at first, warming up before I started making it more complicated. Junhong nodded to the beat tapping the air to the count before he bounced on the balls of his feet, moving to cross them over in a rhythmic pattern. 
 
 He kicked out as he fell back, landing on his palms and falling into a six-step. His body flowed smoothly with my beat, kicking up into a one-handed freeze and holding it as I belted out a three octave note. We fell back into the beat, our sync nothing less than perfect. 
 
 A small crowd began to form around us, I fought to keep my concentration when I saw a few people dropping change and a few bills into the container. We finished the short routine, greeted by a gentle banter of applause. Junhong smiled brightly as he threw an arm over my shoulder. I ruffled up his hair as I pressed our heads together letting out a laugh. 
 
 'How about you rap for them? Show off your skills a little.' I said with a wink. He nodded as he smiled confidently, the single dimple indenting on his cheek. I my lips again, wishing for a sip of water before I started a completely different beat. He nodded again to the beat before letting words flow out of him, his hand gestures moving along with the lyrics. 
 
You see us standing here, yeah we stay strong
 
No way you can bring us down, we'll do this all day long
 
See the fight in our eyes? Yeah it'll make you shake
 
So much fear inside, ya feel your legs quake?
 
That's the power I hold, controllin' with my flow
 
Can't even take a breath, with how ya smother me
 
This talent won't transfer, so get up off of me
 
I may be young, but yeah I know pain
 
My speed'll make ya head spin
 
But that's how I make my gain
 
See these scars? They ain't nothin' 
 
Medals from my wars, ya see i'm still truckin'?
 
With my bro Kae, this is our life day by day
 
 We gave each other a high five and nodded our thanks to the slowly growing crowd, the money container filling up quickly. We heard a beat start up and looked around trying to locate the sound. A familiar deep voice rumbled past the crowd as he pushed through to come up to us. His same companion from before close behind, hand up to his mouth as he let out a steady rhythm.
 
Ya call that power? Then why I'm still standin'?
 
Ya see I ain't shakin'. My heart ain't even poundin'
 
Think you've had it hard, but you're just toy soldiers
 
Life may be messed up but wait 'til you get older
 
Yeah we've been in your shoes, we've walked that road before
 
That's just a warm up, bet you ain't even sore
 
We've had to fight for our lives, yeah we bare scars too
 
Phantoms of the past will rise, 
 
Make you jump when they yell BOO!
 
Now don't stand there in shock, we ain't here to mock
 
We've helped you before, remember back in da store?
 
No worries kid, can't ya hear the message I send?
 
Even if it's brief i'm telling ya can call me yo friend
 
 The one removed his hand from his mouth and wrapped his arm around the deep voiced one's shoulder. He crossed his ankles as he leaned against him, shooting us a smile as he held up his fingers in the form of a 'V'. The other crossed his arms and gave us a smile, mostly gums, as he nodded his approval of the applause surrounding us. Junhong and I stood staring in shock for a second before clapping our hands too. 
 
 I looked over at the now over flowing container and rushed to pick it up. Junhong popped up next to me stuffing his pockets with the hand outs that where still being shoved our way. When the crowd finally dispersed we dumped the spoils into my open pack, grabbing a handful before turning to the two men. 'That was awesome! I don't think we've ever made this much before!' I said hauling my back pack over my shoulders and clenching my coat to my chest with a gummy smile of my own spread across my face. 
 
 'Yeah man that was so nice! You really know what you're doing! I hope I can get that good one day!' Junhong said, his pack slung over a shoulder loosely, hand gripping the strap. The one with the jet black hair laughed lightly. 'Well it took Gukkie a while to get like that but we used to do something similar to you guys not too long ago.' He said slapping the other across his back. 
 
 The other smacked him at the back of head instantly. 'You know I don't like that nickname 'Channie', he said with a growl as his top lip curled up. His 'smile' softened at the whine of his partner before he looked back our way. 'We mean it though kids, we knew what position you were in the moment we met you. At least the gist of it anyway. We've actually been trying to find you, then we heard what happened and....well here we are. Just consider our offer of friendship ok? We have a roof to keep you dry and a warm meal for your bellies if you'd like to come stay with us. Just say the word.' He nodded slowly with a gentle smile, his recovered companion leaning against him again.
 
 'In case you don't remember, i'm Kim Himchan and this is Bang Yongguk. His nickname is only for me though so don't think about it.' His comment earning him another smack.  'Don't mind him, he's always like this. You'll get used to it, honestly I can't get through the day without at least some of his stupidity. Weird I know.' Yongguk said scratching at the back of his neck. 
 
 Junhong smiled brightly at them before grabbing my shoulders, turning me away before leaning in close to my ear. 'Jinnie....maybe we should take them up on the offer? I mean I know we don't trust people easily but there's something about them. I don't know I just feel comfortable, you know I feel that around you. It's just my gut feeling but let's go for it.' he whispered.
 
 I let out a long sigh and pressed my forehead against his, my lips in a sideways pout as I thought. 'Well...I feel like we should too so if it's what you want then why not?' I said, smiling when he pecked my temple, throwing his fists in the air. I pushed against his side with my fist playfully before turning to our new found friends. 'Alright, we agreed to take our chances and join you. If it's not to much of a burden.' I added quickly raising my hands up to my chest, palms out.
 
 'Not at all, i'm sure you'll love it.' Yongguk said with a smile, pushing his hands in his jean pockets. He nodded his head behind him,' the truck is this way, let's get you boys home.' His smile grew wider when Himchan draped his arms over my shoulders, his head resting on top of my own. 'I'm so excited! Wait until you meet the other guys!' I ducked my head away his blinking towards Yongguk.
 
 He sighed as he walked up to us, gripping Himchan's ear and ripping him away from me. 'He's really touchy, you'll get used to that too.' He said, rolling his eyes at Himchan's complaints before letting him go. I felt weight on the top of my head again, looking up to see Junhong taking the position of the previous man. He was sticking his tongue out in their direction, I looked to see a pouting Himchan. Yongguk letting out a deep chuckle as he dragged him away.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
 
I wrote the lyrics myself and yes I know they are kind of lame but I spent forever trying to find a good rap song that I didn't have to edit the lyrics. I was unsuccessful so this is what happened. It's ok if you hate it....^^; Comments and Subs are loved~♥