Routine

What Can You Teach Me?

Ch:1

'Kaejin.....Kaejin it's time to wake up.' A soft voice echoed in my ears as I felt my body being gently shaken. 'Nooo....come on just a few more minutes, pleeease.' I whined pulling my comforter over my head to block the sunlight streaming through the blinds behind the now drawn curtains. My short bangs tickled the top of my forehead that was still peaking out as his long sigh blew through them. 'If you want it the hard way then...' I could hear the slyness in his voice before the covers were ripped from me sending a chill through my body as the cool air hit me.

The shock made me instantly curl into a ball as I swatted out at my living alarm clock. 'Come on now Kaejin i'm not going to miss breakfast because of you again!' Daehyun latched his hands around one of my ankles and dragged me out of my once warm sanctuary as I tighten onto my fluffy pillow. My hit the floor with a hard thump, waking me up fully. 'Ouch! Ok ok I'm up let me get dressed alright?! I'll meet you downstairs!' I swatted him with my pillow as he ran out of my room, turning to shoot his tongue out at me before he disappeared down the hall.

No matter how annoying it was at times to be woken up in such a matter, seeing his face first thing had grown to be something I looked forward to. I shuffled through my closet to find my slightly wrinkled school uniform. I shook out the dark blue fabric while shaking my head. I could always tell when it was Youngjae's turn to do laundry, he always got distracted by his music and tech devices. I tore off my sleep pants and baggy t-shirt before I threw on my uniform hastily. I slipped on my house slippers before grabbing my backpack, running downstairs to follow the sweet smell filling the air.

My mouth watered as I reached the table, still smoothing out my uniform top. Seven plates lined the extra long dining table piled high with scrabbled eggs and pancakes. 'I thought that since you've all been studying so hard for your tests today that you deserved a little treat. So..tah dah! A western breakfast!' Himchan beamed at me waving a plastic spatula at the table from in front of the stove. Flour was dusted over his right cheek, his dark hair held back by a spiked headband. He was even wearing his favorite apron, purple with tiny silver crosses embedded in the pattern, over his black v-neck tee and dark jean pants. 'Wow thanks Himchan!' I ran to the small downstairs wash room to wash my hands almost crashing into a still half asleep Jongup and Zelo, both with their hair sticking up in random places. Jongup had finally remembered to at least put boxers on before leaving his room. Zelo had on a usual white baggy t-shirt and pale blue basketball shorts.

'Morning guys!' I greeted them cheerfully as I pumped soap into my hands. Jongup smiled at me as he patted my shoulder, still rubbing the sleep from his eyes. 'Morning!' Zelo chimed throwing his arms around my waist in a tight hug and rested his head on top of mine. I splashed a little water up at his face as I let out a laugh. 'Of course you would be so energetic so early.' I said as I dried off my hands before throwing the towel up to cover his head. He flashed a big goofy smile at me before leaning on Jongup's back as he bent over to wash his face.

I walked back to the kitchen to avoid the small water fight that had suddenly broke out, rubbing my growling stomach as the wonderful aroma hit me hard again. I took my usual seat next to Daehyun who was already stacking on a second helping of pancakes. I smiled brightly at him, there aren't many things he loves more then food. Yongguk was sitting at the head of the table in a black wife beater and loose dark jean shorts. He smiled at me before drizzling syrup onto his plate as he stared at a dazed Youngjae.

'Ahem! Are you all prepared for today? I know you've all been working hard.' He said sternly as he slammed the syrup bottle onto the table, jolting awake Youngjae. 'Yeah, I mean yes Yongguk.' Youngjae said patting his hair into place. 'I stayed up late with Kaejin and Zelo just to make sure we would be.' He nodded at me with a smile. 'Of course that was after we carried Daehyun to bed after he fell asleep on the table.' He glared slightly at his older brother before breaking into a smile.

Daehyun scratched his head as he mumbled through his stuffed mouth. Himchan was suddenly behind us and teasingly ruffled up Daehyun's hair. 'Getting into a University must be tougher then you expected.' He chimed as he wiped at a few drops of syrup that dripped onto his loose white knit shirt. 'Now you have to change, you're such a messy eater!.' Himchan said as he wiped the towel over his mouth. Daehyun swatted his hands away as he choked the rest of his mouth full down.

Mornings were always so lively here. It was so much better than the place before. Zelo and Jongup had joined us fully ready in their uniforms that matched mine and were talking about the b-boy dance movie they watched the day before. Youngjae and Himchan were lecturing Daehyun as Yongguk ate quietly, smiling at the whole scene. I smiled as I chewed through a bite of eggs and thought of how comfortable it was here. This place had truly become my home, the first one i've ever really had. It was hard to believe eight months had already passed by since Yongguk and Himchan brought me in and I met my now close friends, my family.

                                                                                                                                                                                             

I know first chapters are really slow sorry!! But I will be updating this more soon! ^^ Hope you like it so far!

-LovelyJEH