Falling Apart

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

If things couldn’t get any worse, you stood outside the nurse’s office which happened to be CLOSED. A simple sign on the door read that she won’t be in until later that day.

How later?! I can’t wait until later! I’ll die later!

You squeezed your eyes tightly and bit the inside of your cheeks. Sora’s to blame for this and you weren’t going to forgive her anytime soon. Had she not realize how much trouble you’ve been going through to give you more crap to deal with? This was definitely not what you wanted when you asked to become a bit more human.

 I…I was living perfectly fine without this…

You felt sick, bloated, and disgusting. Each step you took pulled a stomach muscle and you couldn’t even stand straight enough to look normal. You don’t remember being in this much pain before. How did you manage to deal with this while you were still alive in the past?

This was one of those times you wished you had a girl friend, someone who knew what you were going through and wouldn’t judge you. You wouldn’t have to feel embarrassed for bringing it up either.

Wait a minute—

 Ms. Im! There was still hope left. She was the only person you could even talk to and right now she could very much be your savior. You hurried to her office as fast as your legs could carry you.

 

“I’m sorry. She took sick leave today.” An unfamiliar man who sat in Ms. Im’s desk informed you. “Is there anything I can help you with?”

Your face fell. “I—I...No. Thank you.” With a heavy sigh, you grabbed the straps of your backpack and retreated from the office. I guess I’ll just have to wait for the nurse to come back. You then headed to the bathroom to make sure you weren’t exposing anything.

 

Kai stared at your empty seat next to Hee Jin and wondered where you were. It was five minutes past the tardy bell and you still haven’t showed up. Why isn’t she here? We got to school at the same time. Did something happen to her?

It was evident that you were being weird this morning. He was surprised that you didn’t wear the new uniform he had gotten you and failed to even give him a good enough reason why. You avoided his eyes at all cost and it seemed as though you didn’t want to be near him.

Kai grew a little worried. It wasn’t like you to act this way. First of all, you didn’t even throw a snarky comment at him all morning and when he called you a pig in the car, you turned the other way. When you both reached campus, you took off without saying a single word.

Even his friends wouldn’t shut up about you when they met each other for breakfast in the cafeteria and didn’t see you. Hee Jin had accompanied him there instead and they all dispersed their own separate ways. Kai had no idea why they avoided him when he was around his Hee Jin, but that didn’t bother him.

He then turned his head and caught Sehun staring rather attentively at him. The boy pointed to his watch and gestured to your empty seat questionably. Kai shook his head and shrugged. I don’t en know. He mouthed irritably to his friend. Sehun frowned and slumped in his seat. He wasn’t someone who cared much about others besides his closest friends, but you were an exception. It was odd not seeing you today.

That pig better not be in trouble again or I’ll have her home schooled. Kai scowled and twirled his pencil between his fingers anxiously. Would it be alright to just barge out of the classroom to look for you? Or would that seem too obvious?

I must be out of my mind. She’s probably…probably…uhg…nevermind. Life’s better off without her.

Kai averted his attention onto Hee Jin. She was multitasking—both jotting down notes and texting. He suddenly thought about the night Luhan had picked her up at his house. It was something he couldn’t get off his mind. Ever since he’d transfer to that school, not once has he seen them together. Yet, that night felt like they were much closer than it seemed. Kai felt as though he’d been rejected before he even tried.

However, he didn’t feel much of anything other than complete curiosity. He tried searching for anger, sadness, and hurt, but they weren’t actually there. What is it that was really bothering him then? Maybe the fact that Luhan likes you more than he thinks he does…or maybe the fact that he probably doesn’t like Hee Jin as much as he did before.

Shiet…

Kai rubbed his face and quickly swatted that ridiculous thought out of his way. It couldn’t be because he likes her. A LOT.

I like her...I like her…I like her.

He chanted for ten seconds.

I need to take her out on date. Get to know her better. I should and I WILL.

Then he thought about you and every confidence he had inside of him withered away. What if you intruded? Every second every minute of the day you were stuck to him like glue. If he leaves you alone, he knows you’ll just cause another ruckus. You were too much in his way, always blocking his path even when you weren’t actually there.

How was he supposed to lessen his attachment of you and move on with Hee Jin when you’re always around him?

Kai suddenly grew angry. You were ruining his life.

 

“All right, listen up.” The teacher tapped his desk to get the students’ attention. “Test grades are completed. I’ll be handing them back right now. The overall grade in this class was average. Those who didn’t take it seriously and failed would have to write a one page paper of self refection. If you receive another failing grade next time, I’ll have to notify your parents for a parent teacher conference.”

Everyone groaned in annoyance as they muttered amongst themselves about how strict the teacher was being. Kai buried his face into his arms and could care less about his grade. When his test landed on his desk, the teacher’s voice alerted him.

“Mr. Kim, just in case you think you’re getting away with this, you’re very wrong.” He stared at Kai. “I’m concern about your education even if you’re not, so I advise you take this class a bit more seriously or I’ll have a talk with your father.”

Kai glared back, but said nothing. He was being threatened by a teacher for the first time and it made him want to laugh. Concern? Kai snorted. Bull shiet. When his teacher turned around, he grabbed his tests and crumbled it without looking at his score.

“Hee Jin…” Kai looked over when he heard her name being called by the teacher. “I don’t want to assume anything before I speak to both you and Ah Ri, but since she isn’t here today, I would like a word with you after class in regards of both your test scores.”

Kai saw her shoulders slump as she nodded slowly. What could be the problem for the straight A student to not receive her mark? And why was Ah Ri being mentioned?

 

If I find out who you are, I’ll en rip your body into pieces and cremate it!!

 You angrily jammed your body against the locked bathroom door for the umpteenth time, but it still wouldn’t budge. After you had walked inside the girls’ restroom to check on your unwanted business, you heard a few loud giggles and a click. Panicked, you instantly ran towards the door only to realize that some hyenas had locked you inside.

First period was almost over and no matter how loud you banged on the door, no one bothered to open it. Screaming? You had already lost your voice after 30 tiresome minutes and were now slumped on the ground praying for a miracle to come your way.

BBBRIIIIINNNNGGG!!!!

The bell rang and you suddenly shot up onto your feet. “PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!! SOMEONE IS LOCKED INSIDE!!” You shouted and pounded furiously with your fists. “HELLO?! IS ANYBODY THERE?! PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!” You growled and began to kick once you heard the footsteps of students walking out of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter