Kai's not very subtle runaway

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“No.” Luhan replied unemotionally.

You blinked back at him and instantly nodded understandingly. What were you thinking that he would know you anyways? Dreams are just dreams….they’re not real.

Embarrassed for asking him such a nonsensical question, you face forward and pretended to be engaged in your work.

Ah Ri, get a hold of yourself before Luhan REALLY finds out who you are. I’M SUCH AN IDIOT!

Then again, you were still confused. Your mind was running all over the place from your dreams of Luhan to the Luhan now. One moment he seemed to desperately want your attention, then another moment he doesn’t want to have anything to do with you.

What is all this?! You grabbed a fist full of your hair and shut your eyes in frustration. God, I’m really going to go crazy.

Luhan gazed at your back. His heart pounded rapidly against his aching chest as he fought to stay calm. Being this close to you and knowing who you were scared him just as much as you finding out the truth. He wasn’t ready. Not yet.

Having to watch you struggle through this knowing everything about you made him hate himself even more. He knew he was being selfish right now.

~~~

“Where are we going?” You whined while D.O held your hand and pulled you down the crowded hall. You had no idea when he was already waiting for you, but he appeared suddenly out of nowhere when the bell rang and forcefully seized you away.

“Don’t make me hurt you, D.O.” You gritted your teeth when he ignored your first question.

“Kai’s orders. Sorry.” He shrugged and doesn’t let go of you. “But….just trust me ok?” He smiled adorably.

You cringed and gave him a smudge look. “Trust is the last thing on my mind right now.” You muttered bitterly. 

Students stopped and stared as the ‘heart throb’ led you towards the exiting school doors. You rolled your eyes at every little thing that caught unwanted attention. For once, you wished to just go home and hide under your covers. The day has been too long and tiring.

D.O opened the door and steered you out first before protectively placing an arm around your shoulders. You stiffened and turn to look at him. “I’m not going through a mob of zombies, D.O. I’m fine.”

He smiled sheepishly. “I know. I just wanted to do it anyways—Oh there they are.”

Ahead of you was the rest of the guys and Kai who leaned casually against the gate. He kicked himself off and walked towards you with a…smile?! Why’s he smiling? Stop smiling like that!

You averted your eyes immediately while D.O pushed you to him.

“She came out alive. Good job Kyungsoo. I knew I could count on you.” Kai playfully punched his shoulders.

Kyungsoo?....Huh? I’m not even going to ask.

“Puh-leeze!” Sehun snickered. “Anyone of us could have gone to get her.”

“Definitely not you, Sehun.” Baekhyun laughed. “I would have gotten her here quicker though.”

“Yeah right, Baek.” Chanyeol squeezed his neck and Baekhyun flinched. “You would have kidnapped her.”

“Neither of you would have made it out with Ah Ri.” Kai grabbed your wrist. “Kyungsoo’s the only one I actually TRUST that won’t waste any time.”

“Whatever…” They all muttered and began moving along. You followed Kai obligingly, still lost in your own world.

“Meds still kicking in?” Kai turned his head to look down at you. “You’re kind of quiet and out of it.”

“No…” You whispered, but he wasn’t convinced. Something felt wrong; you were too quiet and he didn’t like it.

“You’re not yelling at me. Hmm…” He tapped his chin. “And you’ve been pretty obedient lately. Don’t tell me…noway.” His eyes widened.

“No way what?” You cocked and eyebrow at him.

“You’ve fallen in love with me haven’t you?”

You almost tripped over your own foot. Where the hell did he get such a ridiculous idea? You desperately wanted to laugh, but you couldn’t gather the strength to do it. “You must be out of your damn mind to think that I’m in love with you. Don’t flatter yourself.” You snickered and looked at him disgusted.

Kai frowned and scrunched his nose at you. “Idiot…” he muttered and took hold of wrist as he quickened his pace.

You kicked a small rock on the ground and kept your gaze down. Your wrist was limp in his grip and he knew you weren’t even going to try to resist. Why is she acting so….normal?

“We’re gonna go drag race, then I’m taking you to the club with me and maybe grab a few drinks afterwards.” Kai decided to provoke you a bit.

Your head shot up right away and you glared at the Human Boy. “You’re insane if you think I’ll let that happened.”

Kai smirked to himself, but kept a straight face.

“Yah!” You halted and yanked your hand away. Everyone all stopped to see what was going on.

“What’s wrong?” Suho called from ahead.

“Hyung, you go first. We’ll come in a bit.” Kai waved a hand at them; his eyes were on you the entire time. They shrugged and kept walking.

“We’re not going home?” You gave him an almost pleading look. He found your voice the saddest ever. 

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because I said so.”

You frowned.

“We’re going to stay with Suho today.” Kai gave in to you.

“What? Why can’t we just go home…your home.” You were lost.

He sighed irritably at your curiosity. “Does it really matter? As long as I’m there then you should be fine right?”

“Yes it matters because it sounds like you’re running away from home….or to say it more accurately, your dad!” You don’t why you sounded so angry, but you found yourself in air through your teeth.

“This has nothing to do with him.” Kai’s voice lowered and his eyes somewhat turned dull.

“Then what is it?” You crossed your arms and tapped your foot.

“It’s Friday. Can’t I hang out with my friends just for the weekend? All I’ve been doing lately was stick to you like glue. I need some damn air too, you know.” Kai quickly made up a good excuse, but the look on your face t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter